The Magic School Bus Gets Cold Feet: A Book About Hot- and Cold-Blooded Animals

The Magic School Bus Gets Cold Feet: A Book About Hot- and Cold-Blooded Animals (Magic School Bus TV Tie-Ins)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  8 reviews
In order to find Liz, their missing lizard, the kids in Ms. Frizzle's class become reptiles themselves and discover what it's like to be cold-blooded.
Published February 1st 1998 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about The Magic School Bus Gets Cold Feet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magic School Bus Gets Cold Feet

Rosa Cline
Apparently the more books they wrote about the Magic School Bus the better they got. As we've read several now and it seems the earlier ones were BAD,...but the later ones are back to the great books we have come to enjoy!

This one the class learns (along with the reader and-or listener) about cold blooded animals. How they hibernate, why they hibernate, why they do what they do if their bodies get to cold or to hot etc. It teaches in a very informative way that the reader-listener doesn't realiz...more
Heather
My generic review of the Magic School Bus books -

We really love the series. This book doesn't have all the cartoony dialouge asides that the earlier books have. There are maybe a comment or two per page instead of full conversations. Some people hate that; I think I prefer it. The page is less busy.

These books clearly explain a certain topic. There are often additional activities at the end of the book for further learning.

We read these for 'fun' during picture book time and we read them when l...more
Cj
This book is about a teacher named Mrs. Frizzle and her magic school that can turn into any object that breathss or that has cells. So as Mrs. Frizzle and her class takes field trips on whatever topic disscussed, she does not only take the kidz but she teaches along the way too.

For this particular topic she teaches the children about reptiles and their environmental habitats, very informational and exciting at the same time. I, myself use to watch her shows on television and I still think her te...more
Little Miss and the Legomeister
I love the Magic School Bus books. I've read quite a few over the years. Legomeister loved them a couple of years ago. He still checks them out sometimes, but he doesn't ask me to read them to him anymore. Now it's Little Miss who requests them.

(view spoiler) I think this one might have been Legomeister's favorite. They learn about the characteristics of reptiles.
Dolly
Jun 21, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Our girls adore the Magic School Bus series of books (and the TV shows, too). This book is a great introduction to cold-blooded animals, specifically reptiles, and the differences between warm and cold-blooded animals. We enjoyed reading this story together.
Lindsey Lubker
Mrs. Frizzles class pet Liz the lizard is missing so the class goes on a hunt to find her. In the process they learn what reptiles are and what it means to be a cold-blooded animal.
This was a fun book with knowledge learning information and a twist at the end.
Emma
Emma added it
Aug 11, 2014
Mrsvvnhongmail.com
Mrsvvnhongmail.com marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Nolan
Nolan added it
May 12, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Jaclyn Anne
Jaclyn Anne marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Grace
Grace added it
Mar 07, 2014
Littlepretties
Littlepretties is currently reading it
Jan 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Tracey West grew up in a small town in New Jersey. Every day, her brother Michael, sister Katie and she would play in the street with their friends on Walnut Avenue. They rode their bikes, played kickball and Ultimate Frisbee, or rode down the hill on sleds in winter time. On Saturday mornings, they were glued to the television set eating cereal and watching cartoons. In the summer, Tracey loved t...more
More about Tracey West...
The Magic School Bus Spins A Web: A Book About Spiders I Choose You (Pokemon Chapter Book, #1) Island of the Giant Pokemon (Pokemon Chapter Book, #2) Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon (Pokemon Chapter Book #3) Night in the Haunted Tower