Start by marking “Socktopus: The Knitter's Guide to Designing Socks” as Want to Read:
Socktopus: The Knitter's Guide to Designing Socks

Socktopus: The Knitter's Guide to Designing Socks

4.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  88 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Sock knitters now have something to really get their needles into with the lavish and inspirational "Socktopus," which is packed with invaluable tips and 17 fabulous patterns. Full of clear, helpful instructions on topics such as how to create a perfect fitting sock and master unusual knitting techniques, "Socktopus "will enlighten and intrigue its readers. "Socktopus "is ...more
Published October 25th 2011 by Taunton Press, Incorporated (first published October 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Socktopus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Socktopus

Josiphine
Just okay. Probably a sock knitter would gasp and die at a few of these patterns but...I'm not a sock knitter.
thistle
Variant records need linking.
Mary
May 29, 2016 Mary rated it really liked it
Shelves: craft, library-books
My nephew requested socks and I bought the yarn. Now I just need to find the perfect socks for him. He will be leaving (maybe) in May to be an English Teacher in a foreign country. This has been his dream. I would like to get some nice socks made for him. Even If I have to mail them to him. The socks in the book are very nice and a couple are plain, but seem feminine.
Sara
Jan 18, 2012 Sara rated it liked it
I saw some interesting patterns in this book, but nothing that wow'ed me. I think her patterns would show detail better in solid yarn choices, bit most were knit with variegated yarn. Her designs seemed geared towards a larger foot/fit. I would be concerned that many of the patterns would have to be altered to fit me. I am glad that this is on my library's shelves, but I would not purchase it myself.
Donna Holmes
Oct 05, 2012 Donna Holmes rated it liked it
Pretty patterns which make good use of her gently variegated yarn. There are some lovely touches on heel flaps and toes, but her design esthetic is fairly specific - if you like geometric patterns and textures and smaller motifs, this collection will be right up your alley. Clear technique photos and nice FO pictures. Socks offered in multiple sizes.
Mckinley
Advanced patterns of many lovely socks. Need to learn the basics of sock knitting first! However, if one IS going to the trouble of knitting socks they should be fabulous and these would be.
Amanda
Mar 13, 2014 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book because it had a couple of very different and beautiful patterns. I can't wait to get them on my needles!
Amy
Dec 16, 2012 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: skimmed
Beautiful socks but for a more advanced sick knitter
Cindy
Cindy is currently reading it
Jul 29, 2016
Michaela Moores
Michaela Moores rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2016
Debbie
Debbie added it
Mar 19, 2016
Nora
Nora rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2016
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Kaitie
Kaitie added it
Feb 18, 2016
Wendy L
Wendy L rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2016
Kimberly Ann
Kimberly Ann rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Melinda Sharp
Melinda Sharp rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Bookjazzer2010
Bookjazzer2010 rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2015
Elisabeth
Elisabeth marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2015
Claudia Ey
Claudia Ey marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Lori
Lori added it
Oct 16, 2015
Melanie
Melanie rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2015
Laurie Langley
Laurie Langley rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
May 31, 2015