Start by marking “Socktopus: The Knitter's Guide to Designing Socks” as Want to Read:
Socktopus: The Knitter's Guide to Designing Socks

Socktopus: The Knitter's Guide to Designing Socks

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Sock knitters now have something to really get their needles into with the lavish and inspirational "Socktopus," which is packed with invaluable tips and 17 fabulous patterns. Full of clear, helpful instructions on topics such as how to create a perfect fitting sock and master unusual knitting techniques, "Socktopus "will enlighten and intrigue its readers. "Socktopus "is ...more
Published October 25th 2011 by Taunton Press, Incorporated (first published October 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Socktopus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Socktopus

Josiphine
Just okay. Probably a sock knitter would gasp and die at a few of these patterns but...I'm not a sock knitter.
Sara
I saw some interesting patterns in this book, but nothing that wow'ed me. I think her patterns would show detail better in solid yarn choices, bit most were knit with variegated yarn. Her designs seemed geared towards a larger foot/fit. I would be concerned that many of the patterns would have to be altered to fit me. I am glad that this is on my library's shelves, but I would not purchase it myself.
Donna Holmes
Pretty patterns which make good use of her gently variegated yarn. There are some lovely touches on heel flaps and toes, but her design esthetic is fairly specific - if you like geometric patterns and textures and smaller motifs, this collection will be right up your alley. Clear technique photos and nice FO pictures. Socks offered in multiple sizes.
Mckinley
Advanced patterns of many lovely socks. Need to learn the basics of sock knitting first! However, if one IS going to the trouble of knitting socks they should be fabulous and these would be.
Amanda
I bought this book because it had a couple of very different and beautiful patterns. I can't wait to get them on my needles!
Amy
Dec 16, 2012 Amy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: skimmed
Beautiful socks but for a more advanced sick knitter
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Estrella
Estrella marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Reading Faerie
Reading Faerie marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Raquel
Raquel marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Nomie
Nomie marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Kate
Kate added it
Jul 02, 2014
Alexandra Allen
Alexandra Allen marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014