Start by marking “The Pizza Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #33)” as Want to Read:
The Pizza Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #33)

The Pizza Mystery (The Boxcar Children #33)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  1,036 ratings  ·  24 reviews
When their favorite pizza restaurant almost goes out of business, the Alden children try to help their friends stay open while they find out who is behind all their problems.
Published January 1st 1993 by Albert Whitman & Company

To ask other readers questions about The Pizza Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pizza Mystery

Halee
Reading Level: 4.1
Interest Level: K-3

Warner brings this story of mystery to life with the use of interesting characters that each have their own distinct personalities. The main characters are on a mission to solve the mystery and keep their favorite pizza place from being shut down. This book is great for readers who have began to read chapter books, but still need easier text.
Erika
I think this is my favourite out of all the ghostwritten ones I've read, because it involved pizza and they don't know the culprit and motive until the last chapter.

Though as an adult, the Piccolo's business acumen leaves a little to be desired, even if they're just running a really, really simplified restaurant for the sake of the narrative.
Caitlan Jett
Reading Level: 4.1
Interest Level: K-3

The characters in the book are brought to life in the child's eyes and they are able to see that just because they are children does not mean they can not accomplish a goal or a passion they have of something like a pizza joint being shut down.
Rebecca ~ Silvan Elf  ~
One of my favorite childhood series. I read over a hundred of them. The first 50 or so were in order; after that I read whatever book I could get my hands on :)

This had to be one of my favorites. I love making pizza from scratch :)
William V
Good book

It's good and I really like it because it was really interesting what I really like about it is that I like pizza and so that is why I like this book
I would recommend this book to everyone who likes pizzas
Amy
i just finished reading this one with my students. They love the Boxcar series. This is a good one to read with kids. It is a relatively easy chapter book. I feel that the boxcar children books get a little draggy at times, but my students are big fans! Whatever works!
In this one, the kids work at solving a mystery surrounding the closing of their favorite pizza place. Once again, the kids take charge and attempt to find ways to make the pizza place successful...encountering some problems and my
Hillvan
640L
octavia
Great

it's was excellent
the best mystery ever
I really enjoyed it can't wait to read the one
l love mysteries
Kelly
I could imagine plowing through these as a kid, but the Baby-Sitter's Club held all my attention back then :) These are good, wholesome reads that I would recommend to any elementary school student. The author stresses morals, hard work, and inquisitiveness and these aren't fad childrens' books; they have staying power.
Kirei
The four Alden kids work at a pizza shop that is suddenly having troubles. A little unbelievable that the owners would be so clueless and that they would let kids work there. (Child labor laws?)

My son liked this book because he loves pizza.
Julia
I just finished this book yesterday, and I was so into it that I just sat there and finished the whole book from beg. to end. I liked it, and would probably read it again.
Katherine
Much to my chagrin, I find myself sucked into these formulaic Boxcar Children books as much as the boys. Much to my chagrin, the solutions to the mysteries sometimes elude me. :s
Meredith
Very quick read. I pretty much had the bad guy picked out at the very beginning. Onto the next book.
Sandra Lewis
I enjoy the boxcar books alot. They are so cve. Enjoy reading kids books from time to time.
Ning Luo
It seems I could smell some kind of scent of pizza sometimes when I was reading.
Beth
Sep 19, 2007 Beth rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 5-12
Shelves: boxcarchildren
I like this book, because it is about making pizza!! Doesn't that sound FUN!
Andd Becker
The four sibs, ages six, 10, 12, and 14, work without squabbling.
Cute book. Quick read. I think I read it in 1 hour.
Hazel
A good series for the young reader.
Ember Britton
I LOVED these books growing up!
great when ur little
Ilene Fey
They love the whole series
Partridge Public
Sep 25, 2007 Partridge Public added it
Recommends it for: JF War
Shelves: juniorfiction
Warner, Gertrude C. PB
bookwormM
bookwormM marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Kaetlyn
Kaetlyn marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
  • Encyclopedia Brown Takes the Case (Encyclopedia Brown, #10)
  • The Charmed Bracelet (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Corn Popper
  • The Abominable Snowman Doesn't Roast Marshmallows (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #50)
  • The Secret of Skull Mountain (Hardy Boys, #27)
  • I Spy: A Book of Picture Riddles
  • The Berenstain Bears Ready, Get Set, Go!
  • Splashdown in Cerulean City (Pokemon Chapter Book, #7)
  • Screaming Mummies of the Pharaoh's Tomb II (Tales from the House of Bunnicula, #4)
  • Desperate Measures (Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: Super Mystery, #18)
  • Claudia and the Mystery in the Painting (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #32)
Gertrude Chandler Warner was born in Putnam, Connecticut, on April 16, 1890, to Edgar and Jane Warner. Her family included a sister, Frances, and a brother, John. From the age of five, she dreamed of becoming an author. She wrote stories for her Grandfather Carpenter, and each Christmas she gave him one of these stories as a gift. Today, Ms. Warner is best remembered as the author of THE BOXCAR CH ...more
More about Gertrude Chandler Warner...

The Boxcar Children (1 - 10 of 137 books)
  • The Boxcar Children (The Boxcar Children, #1)
  • Surprise Island (The Boxcar Children, #2)
  • The Yellow House Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #3)
  • Mystery Ranch (The Boxcar Children, #4)
  • Mike's Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #5)
  • Blue Bay Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #6)
  • The Woodshed Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #7)
  • The Lighthouse Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #8)
  • Mountain Top Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #9)
  • Schoolhouse Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #10)
The Boxcar Children (The Boxcar Children, #1) Surprise Island (The Boxcar Children, #2) The Boxcar Children 1-4 (The Boxcar Children, #1-4) The Yellow House Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #3) Mystery Ranch (The Boxcar Children, #4)