Start by marking “Bad Apple - The Baddest Chick” as Want to Read:
Bad Apple - The Baddest Chick

Bad Apple - The Baddest Chick (Apple & Kola: The Baddest Chick #1)

4.51 of 5 stars 4.51  ·  rating details  ·  681 ratings  ·  53 reviews
There Can Only Be One Queen Bee... Young and beautiful, seventeen-year-old Apple believes there's one thing she can do better than anyone -- herself. Her selfish actions turn fatal in a New York minute when she gets tangled up with a ruthless drug dealer. He wants his payment in blood with interest. Apple tries to clean up her mess, but the lines between vengeance and real ...more
Published October 6th 2011 by Melodrama Publishing (first published September 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bad Apple - The Baddest Chick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Apple - The Baddest Chick

Tanya
Mar 06, 2012 Tanya rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Tanya by: Nook readers
Nisa Santiago you did a number on this book, it was truely a page turner!!! When I first saw the 510 pages I was like omg I will be reading for days and once I started reading it you had my undivided attention...lol It was a very active book with no confusion on anything. I really enjoyed this book and i am so ready to begin with Coca Kola to find out what happens next with the two sisters. I was sad and couldn't believe the choices they made but that is what kept me on my toes and wanting to fi ...more
OOSA
Night and Day

Seventeen-year-old twins Apple and Kola are like night and day. Although identical in looks, they have different personalities. The two cannot stand one another and are always at each other's throats, arguing and fighting. Apple is the more laid back twin. Kola, on the other hand, is wild and loud, making moves of her own.

When a tragedy strikes their family, the twins are devastated. Unfortunately, Kola is angry because she knows that Apple had a part to play in it all. Apple knows
Deterrius Woods
Rotten Apple

This was my first novel by this author and I wasn't impressed. The story started off good. I loved the character development on Apple, Kola, and Nichols, but somewhere along the book, all that came to an end. In the beginning, I found myself rooting for Apple and disliking Kola, but oh how that quickly changed. Apple became a dumb bish that I couldn't tolerate too much longer. Also, in May, if I remember correctly, Apple or Kola, told someone that their birthday was in two months. Au
Buck
This is a true meaning of 1 Bad Apple spoils the bunch...
Delonya
Rotten Apple

17 year old twins Apple and Kola hail from Harlem's Lincoln Projects. Frustrated with living in squalor both sisters have aspirations of escaping their destitute conditions. Kola is the go getter who has a scheme and has aligned herself with a notorious street team while Apple is naive and daydreams about a baller elevating her to wifey status. Apple shuns Kola for her wild reputation in the streets while Kola views Apple as lazy although the two didn’t always get along they had each
LaShanta Charles
Nisa Santiago tells a very engaging story of twin sisters, Apple and Kola, who go at each other like complete strangers in the midst of all their struggles. you would think the sisters would come together and actually act like a family once tradgedy strikes, but they do the exact opposite and pledge all out war on each other.

The teenage girls experience a rollercoaster of love, hatred, betrayal, and revenge. They both seem street smat, but Kola definitely shines in that department while Apple s
Writer's Block
Apple & Cola are twins that have absolutely nothing in common. One is quiet and more reserved while the other likes to wild out every chance she gets. When an unfortunate tragedy disrupts the girls lives, they become instant enemies.

This book confused me . It started out with great promise but somehow along the way it turned into a book that was just plain outright unbelievable. The relationship between Apple & Supreme was confusing at its best, especially when you add on the incident wi
Ms.Toni
Her Sister’s Keeper?

Twin sisters Apple and Kola may share the same DNA, but that is where all similarities end. Apple is meek while Kola is a wild child. When tragedy hits close to home, instead of the twins coming together, it pits them against each other.

Nisa Santiago’s “Bad Apple” started with great potential but somewhere along the pages that potential diminished. I found many things to be unbelievable, reaching and too far-fetched. Had the author maintained more of a balance with the belie
Nicma
i read this book in 4 hours. i didnt care for her sexual exploits but for there to be just 4 members in her immediate family there are alot of bad feelings... i am looking forward to the conclusion.
Dee Cherry
One of the best books I have ever read! The sisters were as vicious as they come. This book was truly a page turner and I look forward to reading the rest of this series!
La Tina
love this series, those twins are like night and day must read about both sisters before going into the other books
MZURAQT
Twins Apple and Kola have it out for each other since day one.Feeling one always has to beat each other always gets them in trouble.When a tragic event happen in they life blood turns against blood and each are out for themselves.What will happen when both twins find out that both can't be on top?????? Bad Apple is just the name for this book.I love love loved it.it even got to the point where i wanted to cry and throw the book against the wall.This is treachery at its best.I loved the story lin ...more
Juanita
Twinenimies is what I have named Lola and Apple where is the love between sister, I can wait to see what's next for these girls
King Nay
it was an amazing and i would love to read it again
Gabby
Mar 01, 2014 Gabby marked it as to-read
How do I read it on this app
Mirrlees
Yes this is my kinda read excellent read. Apple and Kola, Kola and Apple. These twins are fighting for something that they shouldn't be. They should have love for each other and fight these bottles together. Things are spiraling out of hand fast and there's no turning back. Over a small unnecessary moment that could have been changed with just the truth then things could have gone better. Anyway what would the story be like "BORING" lo. Thanks for the good read author Santiago...:-)On to part 2.
Letitia
All I can say is wow as I have never known twins who were so opposite and hated each other, especially for identical twins. Nichols, the younger sister, wanted to be like them and she kept the peace when she was around but then tragedy strikes and she is killed. All h*ll breaks out then and the twins, Apple and Kola, declare all out war on each other and struggle to see who comes out on top. Great read and looking forward to finishing this series but when two sisters are going at it no one reall ...more
Sherrall
I wanted to just stop reading this book at the middle point. The violence is graphic and it is not for the faint at heart. The only thing that kelp me reading is the fact that I had bought all four books in this series at the same time. I finished them all but be forewarned if graphic violence torture rape ain't for you just bypass this book set because in four books I think at least maybe 100 characters were killed. I skipped the sections of torture. I didn't want that in my mind.
Tamar Jones
It was the greatest book ever along with coca kola checkmate and face off it's needs a part 5 great books nisa santiiago
Radiyatu Bafalie
when i first read this book, i kept turning the page. i mean ive seening or heard aboutn family having disaggrement and all but this book took it to another level. two sisters apple and cola went at it in this book. pride, selfishness, competion. the drama is very good. but to see a family break apart was very hard to me. the death of their little sister made it wrost.
Nicole
Ahhh! I loved this. It was sad and f'd up what happened to Nichols. And its crazy how Kola and Apple were at each other like strangers. Supreme got what he deserved for doin them like that. But what happened to Apple at the end of this I feel bad for her but she shouldn't have been in Harlem trying to show off. But luke u said I loved this. Gotta get part two and so on ....
Rakia
Twins Apple and Kola were always at each others throats but the rape/murder of their youngest sister turns them into sworn enemies. Apples's greed and guilt leads in the arms of her sister's killer making Kola swear revenge on both Apple and their mother.
Sonia
Once Tony did the favor she played him he started going crazyshe tried to hav him kiklled it was unsuccessful Apple got with a kingpin Chico.. Apple crashed Kola 18 b day party drama unfolded.. Apple decided 2 ride thru the hood got acid thrown in her face..
Tamika
The first time I read this book I was to livid with Apple to finish. Um glad I gave it a second chance Nisa Santiago gave me a story like no other I have read before. If u haven't read it. U r truly missing out.
Angela
Jan 05, 2012 Angela rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Angela by: Lady in Wal-Mart
Gotta watch them quieter ones. Good read. Very action packed. Felt so sad about younger sister she just go caught up in her sister's drama lookin 4 love. Definitely waitin 4 2 read the next installment.
Bigttny
this book is a pager turner and really shows how $$$ money can change people and have family members going at eachother. i cant to read the next book and see what apples gonna do after her face got burned.
Tanesha Walker
This book was good, but kind of disappointing. I hate that Apple turned so dirty and cold. I thought she was going to be the good twin. Now i am currently reading part two, Coca Kola.
Krystall
I could not put this book down. there is so much stuff that happens in it at such a fast pace that it keeps you on the edge of your seat. I can't wait to read the rest of the series!
Michelle
I thought this was a good book. However, I couldn't believe how dumb Apple seemed to be and how their mother treated them in the beginning. Would like to see what happens next.
Chantal
This is your typical book about a female in the hood who wants to make a come up. There was a very unexpected twist of fate and I can't wait to finish the sequel.
  • Mafia Princess
  • New York's Finest (1st of the Trilogy)
  • Damaged
  • Guilty Gucci
  • Shyt List 4
  • Raunchy
  • Restricted
  • From Mistress to Wifey
  • The Golden Hustla
  • Allure of the Game: A Novel
  • The Dopeman: Memoirs of a Snitch (The Dopeman, #3)
Nisa Santiago came bursting onto the literary scene in 2009 with her debut title, Cartier Cartel. The book garnered rave reviews and left her readers wanting more. She followed up with the sequel, Return of the Cartier Cartel – which turned into a national bestseller. The Library Journal declared that Santiago’s sequel, [Return of the Cartier Cartel] “Will keep readers hooked to the last chapter.” ...more
More about Nisa Santiago...

Apple & Kola: The Baddest Chick (4 books)
  • Coca Kola - The Baddest Chick
  • Checkmate - The Baddest Chick
  • Face Off (The Baddest Chick) Part 4
Cartier Cartel Coca Kola - The Baddest Chick Checkmate - The Baddest Chick Return of the Cartier Cartel (Part 2) Face Off (The Baddest Chick) Part 4