Start by marking “The Magic School Bus Inside Ralphie: A Book About Germs” as Want to Read:
The Magic School Bus Inside Ralphie: A Book About Germs

The Magic School Bus Inside Ralphie: A Book About Germs (Magic School Bus TV Tie-Ins)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  3,050 ratings  ·  23 reviews

Published October 1st 1995 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Magic School Bus Inside Ralphie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magic School Bus Inside Ralphie

The Big Field by Anne MorddelIs a Blue Whale the Biggest Thing There Is? by Robert E. WellsThe Magic School Bus and the Electric Field Trip by Joanna ColeThe Magic School Bus on the Ocean Floor by Joanna ColeThe Magic School Bus Inside a Hurricane by Joanna Cole
Science for Kids
46th out of 168 books — 38 voters
Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise BrownGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussThe Berenstain Bears Meet Santa Bear by Stan BerenstainNeurology by April Chloe TerrazasA Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond
Childrens books
26th out of 38 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Zach Naegele
In this book Ralphie is a school reporter, but he gets sick the day of the broadcast. Ms. Fizzle and the class climb aboard the school bus and head to Ralphie’s house to do the broadcast from there, but he is very worn out and tired. The kids all pile back on the bus and shrink down, and then they enter Ralphie’s body. Inside the travel to his sore throat and watch the bacteria that are attacking the walls of his throat. Then the children watch and comment as white blood cells fight back. Just w ...more
Bhairavi
Cole does an excellent job in all her Magic School bus books by explaining how the germs enter the body and what affects the immune system and what fights back. She makes each of her books entertaining as well as informative.
Heather
My generic review of the Magic School Bus books -

We really love the series. This book doesn't have all the cartoony dialouge asides that the earlier books have. There are maybe a comment or two per page instead of full conversations. Some people hate that; I think I prefer it. The page is less busy.

These books clearly explain a certain topic. There are often additional activities at the end of the book for further learning.

We read these for 'fun' during picture book time and we read them when l
Dolly
Sep 23, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Our girls adore the Magic School Bus series, both in books and on tv, and I think they've seen this episode a dozen times. But we finally found the book version in the Magic School Bus TV tie-in series at the library. They could practically recite the storyline, but it was still a good story about a fictional trip inside the character "Ralphie" to see how his body fights germs, with the help of medicine. It's a short story and very interesting, though there are a few parts that are purely to ent ...more
Aurora Christy
Is no one aware of the fact that colds are a virus and not a bacterial infection????? The science on this book is so wrong!
wjkb
A really good Magic School Bus book!!!
Carl Hansen
Besides "Bill Nye the Science Guy" these book series and t.v. shows were the best learning tools via entertainment EVER!! No exaggeration. As a discerning parent, we owned every one of these books and never failed to watch the show. Do whatever you can to acquire these books and maybe the shows are on DVDs now. Not sure but check them out! Support the authors!!
Evelyn
I absolutely love the Magic School Bus books. This particular book is great to teach students about germs and other microorganisms. It gives students many factual information about germs while entertaining students as well with vivid pictures and humor. I would use this book in the engage portion of a science lesson on germs and microorganisms. This book can be used for students in 1st-5th grade.
Little Miss and the Legomeister
I love the Magic School Bus books. I've read quite a few over the years. Legomeister loved them a couple of years ago. He still checks them out sometimes, but he doesn't ask me to read them to him anymore. Now it's Little Miss who requests them.

This one's about how the immune system works. Good plot and information.
Stacey
These books are for all ages. The magic school bus is a great way to teach science to students in a fun and easy to understand way. This book will be used when teaching students about the effects of germs and where they come from. It also teaches students how they can avoid spreading germs to others.
Deanna
This was a good Magic School Bus for the most part. Why is it that so many children's books have to have situations where they decieve the parents or the parents are to busy working to take care of their kids??? Hmmm. We'll I know why.
Alexis Levine
Love this book! It'd be great for any age. This Magic School Bus selection focuses on germs and about white blood cells and microorganisms.
The children have to escape before the white blood cells attack them also.
Andrew Perry
I loved this book when I was a kid! It's a great read for any grade level and I would suggest reading it before a science lesson on germs and other microorganisms.
Kelley Mcalhany
great for an introduction to a science lesson. Can have the students predict and learn about germs.
Katie
Poor Ralphie. He always gets shit on in this series. NOW IT'S HIS TURN. DO IT RALPHIE.
Cassie
The class travels in Ralphie's bloodstream to find the germs that make him sick.
Olivia
I think that this book is very nasty i think that it is very bad to be sick.
Derek
It was so amazing. I didn't know that the bus could go inside Ralphie!
billbo baggins
i think its cool and the frizz is awesome
Melissa
fun and educational at same time
Gracie
used to be my favorite book as a kid.
Kaneesha
Ariel
Ariel marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
  • The Magic School Bus Spins A Web: A Book About Spiders (Magic School Bus)
  • The Magic School Bus Hops Home: A Book About Animal Habitats
  • The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6)
  • The Search For The Missing Bones (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #2)
  • Voyage to the Volcano (Magic School Bus Science Chapter Books, #15)
  • Twister Trouble (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #5)
  • The Great Shark Escape (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #7)
  • Expedition Down Under (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #10)
  • The Berenstain Bears Visit the Dentist
  • Clifford's Puppy Days
  • Arthur's Valentine (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • When I Get Bigger
Joanna Cole who also writes under the pseudonym B. J. Barnet is an author of children’s books who teaches science.

She is most famous as the author of The Magic School Bus series of children's books. Joanna Cole has written over 250 books ranging from her first book Cockroach to her famous series Magic School Bus.

Cole was born in Newark, New Jersey, and grew up in nearby East Orange. She loved scie
More about Joanna Cole...
The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body (The Magic School Bus, #3) The Magic School Bus Lost in the Solar System (The Magic School Bus, #4) The Magic School Bus on the Ocean Floor (The Magic School Bus, #5) The Magic School Bus Sees Stars: A Book About Stars The Magic School Bus Gets Baked in a Cake: A Book About Kitchen Chemistry