Start by marking “The Magic School Bus Plants Seeds: A Book About How Living Things Grow” as Want to Read:
The Magic School Bus Plants Seeds: A Book About How Living Things Grow

The Magic School Bus Plants Seeds: A Book About How Living Things Grow (Magic School Bus TV Tie-Ins)

4.36  ·  Rating Details ·  6,153 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Ms. Frizzle's class is growing a beautiful garden. But, Phoebe's plot is empty. Her flowers are back at her old school! So, the class climbs aboard the Magic School Bus. And, of course, the kids don't only go back to Phoebe's school, but they go inside one of Phoebe's flowers! Follow the kids' adventure and learn how living things grow.
Published February 1st 1995 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Magic School Bus Plants Seeds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magic School Bus Plants Seeds

Heather
Jun 08, 2008 Heather rated it really liked it
My generic review of the Magic School Bus books -

We really love the series. This book doesn't have all the cartoony dialouge asides that the earlier books have. There are maybe a comment or two per page instead of full conversations. Some people hate that; I think I prefer it. The page is less busy.

These books clearly explain a certain topic. There are often additional activities at the end of the book for further learning.

We read these for 'fun' during picture book time and we read them when l
Ariana Morales
Oct 24, 2016 Ariana Morales rated it it was amazing
Mrs. Frizzle is a teacher, with a certainly unconventional method for teaching her students. In this novel, Mrs. Frizzle and her students have decided to grow a garden, however Phoebe faces a problem once she realizes her flowers are located at her old school. Mrs. Frizzle and her students must then embark on a mission to retrieve those flowers, as well as study their characteristics up close. It's a fun filled story, full of adventure, perfect for children, grades K-6.
Given the content of this
Hannah Mcmahon
Sep 21, 2016 Hannah Mcmahon rated it it was amazing
this is so mt type.
Sohail
Dec 24, 2015 Sohail marked it as to-read
iodifjjijijdcnsdjcndjvnsvghfgbvhdbvhbvbvnbvjnbvhjbhjdvbhvbnvcbcnbhdbvjdvdjfnjfnjcndcjdncjhbvvhjbhvbcnvbcnvbhdvbhcnvbhbhvfhfhfhhfhfhfhfhfhffhfhfhhhhhhfffhfhfhdjhfhfjdkfhaskjhasifhhndc u3v7buigsehdfg use hufh
vfhyegyusvrf
hsghhdshjjudshshujusijdsjuahshhydhjsjhjhghghcghghhhdghhhx
Marissa Masterson
Apr 15, 2012 Marissa Masterson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: eced-221
The Magic School Bus Plants Seeds: A Book About How Living Things Grow: A Book About How Living Things Grow by Patricia Relf is a very informational book. It teaches the reader all about how plants grow. It starts off with Ms. frizzle's class creating a garden and the whole class goes on a trip in a ladybug bus. They go through each step of a flowers life. Parts like the anther and the stigma are explained well. This book explains the parts that a child may bot be as familiar with, very well.The ...more
Liz Benitez
Oct 28, 2013 Liz Benitez rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
Interest Level: K-2
Grade Level Equivalent: 2.3
Lexile Measure: 420L

Ms. Frizzle's class was planting a garden and the photographer of Plant It! magazine was going to take their picture. Phoebe missed her flowers she planted at her other school so Ms. Frizzle transformed the Magic School Bus to a bee! The children travel to the flower and learn about the pollen and how seeds are formed. This is a great informational book for children to learn more about sees and how things grow. After reading the b
Burchbears
Mar 18, 2016 Burchbears rated it really liked it
It's abut kids who have a teacher who has magic school bus. They have a garden and they learn about how plants can make seeds & it's life cycle. This book will be suitable for first grade because if it goes lower than first kindergarten would be stuck on words. Scientists might be in interested in this book too because they might learn some facts. I would recommend this book get 4 stars because it tell's facts & some not real things.
Dolly
May 06, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fun book in Magic School Bus TV tie-in series, based on an episode from the popular TV series. It focuses on the parts of plants and how they get pollinated. It's short and easy to read aloud. Our girls really liked it.
Jo
I love the Magic School Bus, both the television show and the books. This particular addition is a tie-in book adaptation by Patricia Relf and illustrated by John Speirs. Definitely not as good as the books written by the original creator of The Magic School Bus, Joanna Cole!
Nivi Krishnakumar
Apr 25, 2012 Nivi Krishnakumar rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome book to do a character study in. Since there are many Magic School bus books, you can use these books as an introduction to many different scientific concepts. This book would be a great book to introduce the concept of plants and what the difference is between living and nonliving things. This book can be used in any grade level.
Caitrin
Nov 26, 2013 Caitrin rated it it was amazing
The Magic School Bus is always a great read! This time, Ms. Frizzle takes us on a journey inside of a plant to learn how it grows. Once the class gets a close up look at growing plants, they know how to take good care of their own plants and make their garden news worthy.
TamTam
Oct 12, 2011 TamTam rated it liked it
This book is good for encouraging learning science for young children. It seemed like the book was too rushed though. I think it could have given more details for the few pages it did have. But it did explain how plants actually reproduce.
Kay
Nov 14, 2009 Kay rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Kate actually picked out this book to go along with our lapbook learning about trees. She LOVES Magic School Bus Books and actually chose to read this out loud to her brother and sister during Tea Time today.
Little Miss and the Legomeister
I love the Magic School Bus books. I've read quite a few over the years. Legomeister loved them a couple of years ago. He still checks them out sometimes, but he doesn't ask me to read them to him anymore. Now it's Little Miss who requests them.

This one's all about how plants make seeds.
Abi
Apr 11, 2012 Abi rated it it was amazing
Mrs. Frizzle's class go inside a plant in this cute story. I would use this book for a lesson on plants/plants growth for first or second grade. This would be a great book for the engage part of a plant growing lesson!
Merrylinn
Jun 13, 2014 Merrylinn rated it liked it
High level first grade - third grade. This book is based on one of the Magic School Bus episodes. If a child has never seen one, then following the book up with the episode might help put the content in a more clear form. Stigmas, tubes, pollen on bees are challenging concepts to younger readers.
Katie Roberts
The Magic School bus takes a fieldtrip to a garden. While they are there they go inside of a flower and are able to see how living things grow. This helps the students better understand the different stages of plant life.
Shannon
May 19, 2011 Shannon rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
After reading dozens of plant books, this is the first one that explains exactly how pollen and egg cells create new seeds. I know this book is just one created from the TV series rather than a "real" Magic School Bus book, but it was perfect for our purposes.
Julie Gerrish
This book teaches students about plants through the eyes of Mrs. Frizzle's class in an insect bus. It is fun, and helps students to like science. Although I think this book is very interesting, the word bubbles may be a problem for children with a lack of focus.
Andrew Perry
Feb 29, 2012 Andrew Perry rated it really liked it
This book is a classic that can be used in any elementary grade. This would be a great opener for a science lesson on plants and they're internal structures or for an activity where each student grows a plant and records data about it.
Kelly Whelchel
Grade 2 Fiction Topic: Plant growth

Wonderful book to help teach the stages of plant growth. I will use this book as a read aloud in science. The Magic School helps this students go into a fancy land as they learn about the plants.
Jan 14, 2010 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: plants
This book would be great for a science lesson. It teaches about the parts of a plant and how the living plants works. Students would also really enjoy the pictures in this book.
Renee
Aug 16, 2015 Renee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: informational
I love this book. It talks about how living things grow. This is a great book that shows how things grow, how they are pollinated. A book to use for a lesson.
Julia Buffington
The kids of the magic school bus have a garden and they shrink down to the size of a ladybug to learn about plants and their seeds (how they grow and spread).
Cara Adams
Apr 19, 2012 Cara Adams rated it liked it
Shelves: science
Magic School Bus is a little much for my kindergarteners, but I read this to them to go along with our plants/seeds unit. They enjoyed it, and then becamse bored. :)
Lita
Dec 02, 2010 Lita rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-books, fun
This is a science book that teaches about how plants grow. It mentions parts of the plants and how plants reproduce.
Deborah Harris
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, VP
Teri
Nov 09, 2010 Teri rated it really liked it
Shelves: plants
Really good. I didn't realize how much we would like magic school bus books. My kids LOVED this one!
Brenda Shope
Brenda Shope rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2014
Keturah Hunter
Keturah Hunter rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2012
  • The Magic School Bus Sees Stars: A Book About Stars
  • The Search For The Missing Bones (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #2)
  • The Magic School Bus Spins A Web: A Book About Spiders (Magic School Bus)
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Eaten: A Book About Food Chains: A Book About Food Chains
  • Voyage to the Volcano (Magic School Bus Science Chapter Books, #15)
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Ants In Its Pants: A Book About Ants (Magic School Bus TV Tie-Ins)
  • The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6)
  • Twister Trouble (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #5)
  • The Great Shark Escape (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #7)
  • Expedition Down Under (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #10)
Bruce Degen is a children's literature author and illustrator, with over forty books to his credit.

He is probably best known as the illustrator of The Magic School Bus series of books, by Joanna Cole. He has collaborated with Nancy White Charstrom on the popular Jesse Bear books, and the Caldecott Medal winning Commander Toad series by Jane Yolen. Degen has authored Jamberry, Daddy Is a Doodlebug,
More about Bruce Degen...

Magic School Bus TV Tie-Ins (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • The Magic School Bus Inside Ralphie: A Book About Germs