Start by marking “Building a Mystery (T*Witches, #2)” as Want to Read:
Building a Mystery (T*Witches, #2)

Building a Mystery (T*Witches #2)

Like the popular television shows 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' and 'Dawson's Creek', 'T.witches' taps the vast teen market by injecting smart, spellbinding story lines with teen issues and sensibilities.
H.B. Gilmour Contributor
Published September 1st 2001 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published August 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Building a Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Building a Mystery

Samantha
Apr 26, 2012 Samantha rated it really liked it
I keep reading these books not because they're written super well, or because the characters are amazing (though I get increasingly attached to Alex), or because the plots are unique. I just like them. It's a quick, mindless read about a bunch of teenage rich girls who talk like they're from the past (which they ARE) and eat a lot of pizza and think they're really awesome. It reminds me of myself at that age - I was even into "wicca" or what not in middle school. Had like fifty books on it and c ...more
Sarah Crawford
Feb 10, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
Alexandra is mad because Camryn wants her to meet some of her friends. A little of the back-story to the two girls is also given. The twins have also been warned about someone who is looking to hurt them but will try to pass as their friend.

One of the school bullies accosts an innocent girl and Camryn manages to teach him a lesson without anyone knowing it's her doing it, The girl acts like she knows the twins.

Alex ends up getting in trouble in one of her classes on the very first day of school
PurplyCookie
Jul 08, 2009 PurplyCookie rated it did not like it
A book that's destined to be chucked right away to the nearest trash can. The plot sounds okay enough, definitely average judging by all the teen-oriented books one sees nowadays.

The problem with this book is that of the author's style of writing. It is so terrible! She filled the entire book with unreal teen speak that no self respecting 14 and/or 15 year old would dare use. The author continues using all the slang words available to humankind and having all the characters (even millenia-old w
Devanshi Gupta
Nov 11, 2015 Devanshi Gupta rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, adventures, magic
Those slangs though.
I mean really this is a novel, a piece of literature even though it is mindless and mean girls type and we get it you are trying to depict the reality of high school talk but really those slangs were HORRIBLE! Plus those likes are so irritating. In every freaking sentence we get a like. Like these likes are like so irritating.
Okay, the exceedingly shabby language aside I found it hard to understand the plot at the beginning. Either it was because the explanation was not good
Natalie
Aug 31, 2013 Natalie rated it it was ok
Book 2 of the T*Witches series.
You know, book 1 had a whole lot of promise but this book bombed. If I didn't already own books 3 and 6 I'd stop right here. Poor continuity, poor writer awareness of the proper weather for the geographic setting, poor awareness of current kid-lingo (too many different dialects), and the list goes on. Stay away from this book unless you want to torture yourself. My preteen daughter couldn't get past the first chapter before she gave up.
Angelic Zaizai

Setelah tau mereka memang sodara kembar, saatnya tau siapa musuhnya dong..
Cam dan Alex disuruh waspada karena Thantos pasti akan mengirim orang untuk menculik mereka.
Masalahnya di sekitar mereka ada 3 orang yang potensial jadi calon messenger-nya Thantos.
Selain itu juga dibahas sedikit latar belakang Ileana, guardian si kembar.

Drucilla
Oct 10, 2011 Drucilla rated it liked it
Shelves: g
Overall, a great sequel. The reader gets more insight into the characters, events, and the greater magical world. One thing that did bug the crap out of me was the slang. Most of it I was ok with, it wasn't too dated. However, there were some instances such as: BBGF (Bye-bye girlfriend) where the phrase had been shorten to make it hip (I guess), but it's just ridiculous.
Skai Blue
I thought it was awesome but you may have different thoughts cause I'm a child i thought it was fascinating and adventurous although I wish I had started from the beginning of the series they just seem so good to read they capture mt attention as the reader

Rosalie
Feb 06, 2014 Rosalie rated it liked it
I don't remember being as annoyed with the text short forms in the speech the first time I read this. I still like the story overall but o.m.g and the like don't belong in spoken words.
Bradley
Dec 05, 2010 Bradley rated it liked it
Teen girls with witchy superpowers. Not bad but it is full of teen girl slang. Appropiate for the subject matter I suppose. Not really awe-inspiring. Just average. =)
J Y
May 09, 2011 J Y rated it really liked it
Recommended to J by: Tanzila khan
gud nice work again by d authors its fast-read and offcourse a gud one 2 keep u glued for the other books
C
C rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Demi
Demi rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2010
Nikky Deitrich
Nikky Deitrich rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2015
Kathrine Nielsen
Kathrine Nielsen rated it it was ok
Nov 30, 2013
Steph
Steph rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2015
Deanna
Deanna rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2015
Chelsey
Chelsey rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2010
Kayla
Kayla rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2016
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2012
Nga Pham
Nga Pham rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2015
Roxie
Roxie rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2014
Tayleen
Tayleen rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2013
Erica
Erica rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2011
Stefanie
Stefanie rated it really liked it
May 25, 2015
Lindy Lim
Lindy Lim rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2016
  • All You Need Is a Love Spell (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #7)
  • Witches' Night of Fear
  • Moon Demon (Daughters of the Moon, #7)
  • Last Call (The Party Room, #2)
  • Ben There, Done That (Sabrina The Teenage Witch, #6)
  • Pursuing Amy (Replica, #2)
  • Familiar
  • Curse (Wicked, #2)
  • I'll Zap Manhattan (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #18)
  • The Poisoned Chalice (The Adventures of Merlin Series 1, #4)
  • Valiant (The Adventures of Merlin Series 1, #2)
  • The Mark of Nimueh (The Adventures of Merlin Series 1, #3)
  • While the Cat's Away (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, #25)
  • Good Switch, Bad Switch (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #3)
1983147
H. B. Gilmour was a bestselling author of children's books. She grew up in Williamsburg, Brooklyn with her mother and the extended family and fondly remembered writing her very first poem for Arbor Day when she was just eight years old. As a teenager, she moved to Florida to live with her father. She attended college there and then moved back to New York City.

Gilmour’s first publishing job was at
More about H.B. Gilmour...

T*Witches (10 books)
  • The Power of Two (T*Witches, #1)
  • Seeing Is Deceiving (T*Witches, #3)
  • Dead Wrong (T*Witches, #4)
  • Don't Think Twice (T*Witches, #5)
  • Double Jeopardy (T*Witches, #6)
  • Kindred Spirits (T*Witches, #7)
  • The Witch Hunters (T*Witches, #8)
  • Split Decision (T*Witches, #9)
  • Destiny's Twins (T*Witches, #10)