Start by marking “Building a Mystery (T*Witches, #2)” as Want to Read:
Building a Mystery (T*Witches, #2)

Building a Mystery (T*Witches #2)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  615 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Like the popular television shows 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' and 'Dawson's Creek', 'T.witches' taps the vast teen market by injecting smart, spellbinding story lines with teen issues and sensibilities.
Published September 1st 2001 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published August 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Building a Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Building a Mystery

Samantha
I keep reading these books not because they're written super well, or because the characters are amazing (though I get increasingly attached to Alex), or because the plots are unique. I just like them. It's a quick, mindless read about a bunch of teenage rich girls who talk like they're from the past (which they ARE) and eat a lot of pizza and think they're really awesome. It reminds me of myself at that age - I was even into "wicca" or what not in middle school. Had like fifty books on it and c...more
PurplyCookie
A book that's destined to be chucked right away to the nearest trash can. The plot sounds okay enough, definitely average judging by all the teen-oriented books one sees nowadays.

The problem with this book is that of the author's style of writing. It is so terrible! She filled the entire book with unreal teen speak that no self respecting 14 and/or 15 year old would dare use. The author continues using all the slang words available to humankind and having all the characters (even millenia-old w...more
Rosalie
I don't remember being as annoyed with the text short forms in the speech the first time I read this. I still like the story overall but o.m.g and the like don't belong in spoken words.
Natalie
Book 2 of the T*Witches series.
You know, book 1 had a whole lot of promise but this book bombed. If I didn't already own books 3 and 6 I'd stop right here. Poor continuity, poor writer awareness of the proper weather for the geographic setting, poor awareness of current kid-lingo (too many different dialects), and the list goes on. Stay away from this book unless you want to torture yourself. My preteen daughter couldn't get past the first chapter before she gave up.
Drucilla
Oct 10, 2011 Drucilla rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: g
Overall, a great sequel. The reader gets more insight into the characters, events, and the greater magical world. One thing that did bug the crap out of me was the slang. Most of it I was ok with, it wasn't too dated. However, there were some instances such as: BBGF (Bye-bye girlfriend) where the phrase had been shorten to make it hip (I guess), but it's just ridiculous.
Angelic Zaizai

Setelah tau mereka memang sodara kembar, saatnya tau siapa musuhnya dong..
Cam dan Alex disuruh waspada karena Thantos pasti akan mengirim orang untuk menculik mereka.
Masalahnya di sekitar mereka ada 3 orang yang potensial jadi calon messenger-nya Thantos.
Selain itu juga dibahas sedikit latar belakang Ileana, guardian si kembar.

Skai Blue
I thought it was awesome but you may have different thoughts cause I'm a child i thought it was fascinating and adventurous although I wish I had started from the beginning of the series they just seem so good to read they capture mt attention as the reader

Bradley
Teen girls with witchy superpowers. Not bad but it is full of teen girl slang. Appropiate for the subject matter I suppose. Not really awe-inspiring. Just average. =)
Jia yousuf
May 09, 2011 Jia yousuf rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jia by: Tanzila khan
gud nice work again by d authors its fast-read and offcourse a gud one 2 keep u glued for the other books
Katrina Knittle
A cute short read. It was the only book out of the series that I ever sat down and read.
Helen
Another continuation of the series. Not bad. But nothing interesting either.
Nocte
Mar 24, 2011 Nocte rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: jia yousuf
AMAZING!!! This too lived up to my expectations! Couldn't put it down
Annette
i so wish that these books were not out of print for i love them so
Karolinde (Kari)
Not as good as the first book, but still enjoyable.
Nnenna
Dec 17, 2013 Nnenna added it
it was an amazing book and cool
Mariyum
love it read it
Maryam
Sep 09, 2010 Maryam added it
good
Stephanie Brush
Stephanie Brush marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Annaleen Click-wallace
Annaleen Click-wallace marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
  • Pursuing Amy (Replica, #2)
  • Witches' Night Out
  • Moon Demon (Daughters of the Moon, #7)
  • Laura und der Fluch der Drachenkönige (Laura, #4)
  • Familiar
  • Lotsa Luck (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #10)
  • Grimm
  • Das Buch
  • Illusions and Lies (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #6)
  • Friends to the End: The True Value of Friendship
  • Curse (Wicked, #2)
  • Drache und Diamant (Wolkenvolk-Trilogie, #3)
  • Always There (Heartland, #20)
Randi Reisfeld has written over 60 books, primarily for ‘tweens and teens; non-fiction (celebrity biographies, two of which have made the New York Times best seller list); and fiction. She wrote the Clueless series, original stories based on the characters in the movie, as well as six books based on the character of TV's Moesha. Her original fiction series called T*Witches is a Disney Channel TV m...more
More about Randi Reisfeld...
Making Waves (Candy Apple #10) The Power of Two (T*Witches, #1) Seeing Is Deceiving (T*Witches, #3) Dead Wrong (T*Witches, #4) Don't Think Twice (T*Witches, #5)