Start by marking “Havoc (Deviants #2)” as Want to Read:
Havoc (Deviants #2)

Havoc (Deviants #2)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  756 ratings  ·  81 reviews
Emily Webb thought life would return to normal after the death of the man who attacked her and her fellow “Deviants.” Or as normal as it could be, after discovering that she has nighttime superpowers . . . and she’s a werewolf. But when Emily awakes one night to find an otherworldy Shadowman watching her, she knows the danger has only just begun.

So Emily and her pack-mates
Hardcover, 1st Edition, 352 pages
Published January 24th 2012 by Balzer + Bray

To ask other readers questions about Havoc, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Havoc

YA Novels of 2012
178th out of 1,301 books — 10,293 voters
Pandemonium by Lauren OliverHallowed by Cynthia HandFever by Lauren DeStefanoA Million Suns by Beth RevisThe Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
2012 YA/MG Sequels
68th out of 144 books — 844 voters

More lists with this book...

Maria
Sidenote: This is the second novel in the Deviants series, but I did not read #1.

In the beginning, Havoc had me going, "oh no" a lot. I think my biggest issue with it was that our main character, Emily, had three personalities: there is "daytime" Emily, who is your normal typical teenager. "Werewolf" Emily: I think that's pretty obvious. And then there is "nighttime" Emily: who looks like a normal teenager, but who has werewolf strength and speed.

My biggest issue was not only that these 3 person
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Since I really loved the first book, I couldn't wait for this one. The one thing that hooked me on the series is the plot line. I loved being thrown into something new and unwritten! This book picks up for the first book left off and the reader is once again thrown in the mist of deviants.

What I loved about this book is the plot line. The deviants defeated the enemy once, but still have much to learn about. They are learning their powers, learning about the past, and discovering others out there
Krystal
Emily is still the main character in this novel. Author Jeff Sampson takes the reader on a rapid mystery tinged with romance and packed with action. Reader who enjoyed the first book should pick up this next novel in the series. Emily tells her story, an odd tale involving modern science and altered genes. The reader picks up more information surrounding the mystery in this next novel and gets to know the characters better. A new character is introduced, one that changes the dynamic between Emil ...more
April
So, Vesper by Jeff Sampson ends on an insane note – and Havoc, the sequel, pretty much picks up where Vesper leaves off. By day, Emily Webb is a normal glasses and pony tail girl. By night, however, her ‘deviant’ side comes out and she has super powers and can also turn into a wolf. One question keeps pricking at Em and her pack — why are they the way they are? This central question drives the plot of Havoc.

Read the rest of my review here
MockingJay

Cette trilogie sort vraiment du commun, je n’ai jamais rien lu de tel jusqu’à présent. Un mélange de Thriller, de fantastique, de surnaturel. Des ados aux super pouvoirs dont les parents les aident depuis tout petit à les développer, d’autre qui subissent d’étranges transformations puisque, des secrets enfouis dans des laboratoires souterrains, d’étranges ombres menaçantes qui suivent ces jeunes et qui pourtant ne leur font pas le moindre mal.
Le récit est
Jules Goud
I would just like to say that I'm so confused right now.

The end was a twist and then with the transcripts? Ya, I don't know what is going on.

Other then that, I have to say that I really liked this book. Werewolves are my favourite and this one is sort of a new one.

I liked the Emily gets a pack and she is growing in her character. I am sort of seeing her Nighttime/Daytime coming together a little bit. I also like that she doesn't take no as an answer and that her fierceness doesn't go away. Emily
Léatitia Brière
This second book in the Deviants series is just AMAZING !

I was once again caught in the story of Emily . I found the same ingredients as in the first book . There were action , humor and suspense !

We find Emily Webb and her friends just after they realized that somewhere there is another member of the pack. I can not tell you more about it but it's great ! Add to that the fact that cheerleaders are not quite "normal" and it made me think of my old favorites series (Buffy the Vampire Slayer for i
Caitlin
3.5

Eh. Nothing memorable. But entertaining enough. I'll finish the series. I like the duel personalities.

The sci-fi is bogus, but still, it's fun.
Karline05 Un brin de lecture
Un second tome à cent à l'heure. Aucunement le temps de s'ennuyer avec Emily et ses partenaires. On passe de surprises en stupéfactions à un rythme impressionnant qui nous laisse haletant une fois la découverte accomplie. L'auteur parvient parfaitement à créer cette tension qui vous coine avec son récit jusqu'à en avoir terminer non sans une frustration assez cruelle pour le pauvre lecteur qui va devoir attendre pour la sortie du prochain opus.
Mon avis en intégralité sur Un brin de lecture : ht
Katrina Tinnon
I liked this book a lot. It picks up where we left off in Vesper. The only difference is the story is being told between reports about surveillance tapes at Vesper Inc. Emily is finally coming to grips with her new powers while also trying to figure out her relationship with Spencer. Dalton is back at school now from being almost killed by Dr. Gunther Elliott. They have a small pack now. But there is another female wolf that they are searching for. During their search for the missing pack member ...more
Melanie
First things first, do not read the synopsis if you haven't read Vesper (Deviants #1). The synopsis will tell you one MAJOR thing about Emily the main character than you don't find out till the end and it will spoil the book. I am not going to go into a synopsis at all as it will completely ruin the series if you haven't read Vesper.

However, I can tell you I really love Emily - her character has grown so much! I especially love 'Nighttime' Emily with her carefree nature. I find her an ease to re
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Our narrator’s three personalities really threw me out of the novel, but it’s packed with action scenes, hot guys, and more insight than Vesper managed to give us.

Opening Sentence: I stood in front of the bathroom mirror and studied the bags under my eyes, which were half-hidden behind my crooked glasses.

The Review:

Havoc is the sequel to Vesper, which ends with quite a bang, and takes up almost immediately after. It helps that Havoc moves at
Ruth
What I liked:

1. Emily is friggin kick-ass whoop whoop mannnn.

2. Werewolves displayed in an awkward and menacing way? YEAH BUDDY.

3. No love triangle. The jock... still remained a jock. Sweaty, malicious, and ginger as ever. (No, really, he was a ginger.)

4. Pop-culture references. (I KNOW that movie!)

What I disliked:

1. "Nighttime Emily". So Cool that she was lame. Some of the dialogue made me cringe.

2. No love triangle, but lame relationship. "No, I can't love him, it's only because of his sexy we
Tabitha Olson
I really enjoyed the first book in the Deviants trilogy, titled Vesper, so I was looking forward to Havoc. I sure wasn’t disappointed. :)

The story picks up pretty much right where Vesper left off. It had been a year since I’d read Vesper, so I needed to go back and refresh my memory because there isn’t a “last week on Deviants…” recap. Which is nice if you’re reading both books back to back. I get bored with too much this-is-what-happened-in-the-last-book summary.

Anyway, some readers weren’t fon
Cesya
First, I’d like to thank Once Upon a Twilight for choosing me to be a part of the Havoc book review tour. I have to admit, I was nervous when I received the email stating I was accepted for the tour because I never read Vesper (Deviants #1) and I wasn’t sure how confused I was going to be. Luckily, I wasn’t that confused. There were a few names here or there that I didn’t know but that was mainly it.

I really enjoyed Jeff’s writing and surprisingly for not reading the first book, I couldn’t put i
Once Upon
Havoc is the sequel to the book Vesper by Jeff Sampson. It is about a teenage heroine named Emily whose world has probably been changed for the worse. Emily is a genetically created werewolf who has no idea of how she was made into one. After enduring the murder of a friend she begins to demand answers about her past. While trying to deal with her new feral self, Emily researches the happenings in her town surrounding the fact that she is a werewolf. In Havoc, Emily is desperately trying to get ...more
JeanBookNerd
The second book in the Deviants Series by Jeff Sampson is an interesting story about a normal teenage girl named Emily. Her normalcy only occurs during daytime and changes into an alternate nighttime personality. Let’s not forget one tiny detail, she’s also a werewolf. She’s not alone as she belongs to a “pack” of other kids having the same three alternate personalities. When bizarre Shadowmen begin to appear and harasses Emily, her pack is determined to figure out their reasons which lead to di ...more
Book Twirps
After Emily & Spencer narrowly escape the man who shot and killed a classmate and seriously wounded another, they have even more questions about BioZenith – a local company specializing in biotechnology who just may or may not be responsible for transforming them into werewolves. Their first goal is to seek out the other kid who shares their abilities. They are certain that Dalton, the classmate who was shot and seriously wounded by the crazed gunman, is one of them. Tracking him down is eas ...more
Karissa
This is the second book in the Deviants series by Sampson. This was originally planned as a trilogy but I wasn't able to find info on when the third book will release. It is a well written and engaging book that puts an interesting twist on YA werewolf stories.

Emily is hoping life will return to normal, or at least what passes for normal when you have nighttime superpowers and can turn into a werewolf. That's when the strange Shadowmen start appearing and harassing her. Emily and crew need to fi
Angela
WOW!!! I will have to say this book was wonderful and I enjoyed this much more than the first one, it was full of more information and story than Vesper.

I was a little leery when I first started reading Havoc, but it turned out to be exceptional. Emily grows so much in this book. They start off looking for the female werewolf whose identity they do not know. Megan's still upset because she feels Emily is ditching her, and of course Nikki and the cheerleaders think Emily is trying to steal Dalto
Andrea
This is going to be a short review. Not because I'm lazy (though I am!) but because I honestly don't have a lot of thoughts about this book. I think I've been spoiled lately. I have had the great fortune to read a lot of "Wow" books, and therefore, it has become harder to knock my socks off. It's not that there is anything wrong with Havoc, I just wasn't blown away.

Havoc is book two in the Deviants series, by Jeff Sampson. The story picks up a few days after the end of book one, Vesper. The mai
Grace
Lauren
I really don't know how to describe this book. I really HATE anything concerning vampires, werewolves, etc., but this time around, I kinda liked it. I liked the first book, but I didn't love it. I was tempted to give the first one 2.5/5 stars. It didn't leave me wanting more. I felt like I could live without it, but I gave the second book a chance and this time it left me wanting more.
Maureen Crowley
The 1st book I thought was "ok" I was in between liking and loving it. So I had to give the 2nd a chance....

Well I'm glad I did! I am not one to give away spoilers so I will go with some of the reasons why I enjoyed this book.

1). Love the fact of so many references to movies (Scream, Friday the 13th, Halloween & of course my favorite "Star Wars"), TV shows ie; "Alias", and the music.

2). It's action packed, there are no boring idle parts where you feel the need to skip a couple of pages just
Mycoton32
16/20
En bref, un second tome qui démarre doucement mais qui par la suite nous réserve des surprises de taille ! Les personnages sont toujours aussi sympathiques même si je trouve que l'on reste un peu extérieurs à leurs aventures. En tout cas la fin ne donne qu'une envie, lire la suite à tout prix !

Asenath
Havoc picks up right where Vesper left off (like the very next day.) I had trouble remembering all the details of Vesper, but there were enough references back to what happened so that I wasn't too lost.

I ended up skimming a lot of this novel because a lot of it was fighting and people doing crazy things with their super powers, which I find boring. At the end things picked up again, and took an interesting turn. I'm not sure why this is a 3 book series. It seems like everything could have been
Karline05 Un brin de lecture
Un second tome à cent à l'heure. Aucunement le temps de s'ennuyer avec Emily et ses partenaires. On passe de surprises en stupéfactions à un rythme impressionnant qui nous laisse haletant une fois la découverte accomplie. L'auteur parvient parfaitement à créer cette tension qui vous coince avec son récit jusqu'à en avoir terminer non sans une frustration assez cruelle pour le pauvre lecteur qui va devoir attendre pour la sortie du prochain opus.
mon avis en intégralité sur Un brin de lecture htt
Angela
Giving it a 4.5. I don’t remember the first one but I can say that the second is even better.
Emily Webbs get use to the idea that she is a Vesper; a werewolf. But her story had just begun. She, Spencer, and Delton is trying to find answer that make them this way. The more they come close it, the more they couldn’t runaway from it. They find out that there other then just them. Meanwhile, as they busy dealing with this unsuspected information, they are being track down or “kill” by shadowmen.
I
Gabic Reads
Original review at Gabic Reads

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was fun and action packed and has an interesting twist on the whole werewolf thing. When I first read Vesper (Deviants #1), I wasn't sure what to expect. I was surprised to learn that it was a werewolf book.
Not only was this book fun to read, but it also explores the aspect of nobody really knows who we are. There are things that everybody hides beneath the surface that we don't want anybody else to know about.
Tamika Grey
Not bad, but not very intriguing either, quite predictable actually.
Worth Continuing? 3 9 Mar 13, 2012 02:55PM
Confused 3 12 Feb 24, 2012 03:29AM
  • The White Glove War (Magnolia League, #2)
  • Truth (XVI, #2)
  • A Touch Morbid (A Touch Trilogy, #2)
  • The Springsweet (The Vespertine, #2)
  • The Nightmare Garden (Iron Codex, #2)
  • Time's Daughter
  • Fangtastic (Vamped, #3)
  • The Key (The Magnificent 12, #3)
  • Perception (Clarity, #2)
  • Mirage (Winterhaven, #2)
  • Embers and Echoes (Wildefire, #2)
  • The Rivals (The Mockingbirds, #2)
  • Rescuing Seneca Crane (Kari + Lucas Mysteries, #2)
  • A Beautiful Evil (Gods & Monsters, #2)
  • Bad Hair Day (Kate Grable, #2)
  • Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls, #2)
  • The Voyage of Lucy P. Simmons
  • Last Rite (Personal Demons, #3)
My writing history: I’ve been involved with children’s publishing for the past 11 years now — I got my start right out of high school, just after turning 18. Since then I’ve published eight books for children and young adults, with six more currently scheduled for release and in various stages of being written and edited. I’ve also contributed material to ten or so other books by other authors and ...more
More about Jeff Sampson...

Deviants (3 books)
  • Vesper (Deviants, #1)
  • Ravage (Deviants, #3)
Vesper (Deviants, #1) Ravage (Deviants, #3) Dragon Spell (Dragonlance: The New Adventures, #8) Wizard's Betrayal (Dragonlance: The New Adventures: Trinistyr, #2) The Wayward Wizard (Dragonlance: The New Adventures: Suncatcher, #1)