Start by marking “It's All About the Dress: Savvy Secrets, Priceless Advice, and Inspiring Stories to Help you Find "The One"” as Want to Read:

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  69 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Every bride wants to feel beautiful and wants to have her dress express the essence of who she is. Now choosing the perfect thing to wear on that special day is easier than ever! Drawing on his experience as fashion director at Kleinfeld Bridal, Randy Fenoli has written a guidebook bursting with insights and inspiration for helping brides-to-be determine what story they wa ...more
Published November 1st 2011 by Grand Central Life & Style

To ask other readers questions about It's All About the Dress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's All About the Dress

Candi Debardelaben
Jun 03, 2014 Candi Debardelaben rated it it was amazing
As a just-over-50 woman who's madly in love with my boyfriend and cautiously hopes to one day have the wedding of my dreams, I LOVE THIS BOOK. It's not about having a perfect body. In fact, Randy defies me to define my body in relation to any fruit or geometric shape. Rather, it's about defining our love story and being honest with myself about how I want to present that story to my family and friends. It's about being brave enough to set budget boundaries and creatively resetting them if the pe ...more
Libby
Feb 25, 2015 Libby rated it really liked it
Shelves: costume
I love clothes. I especially love fancy dresses, and for most women, the fanciest dress they will ever wear is their wedding dress. Randy Fenoli is THE EXPERT at wedding dresses and he wrote this book to encourage and educate all those brides out there, and their mothers, too. He writes as tho he is in the room with you, chattering away and maybe having some coffee and pie. He has lists of tips for what to do when, how to really decide that this is the wedding gown you dreamed of, what kind of g ...more
Megan
Dec 02, 2011 Megan rated it liked it
I just wanted to flip through this book because Randy seems like a nice, intelligent guy on "Say Yes to the Dress". In the book, he is better able to articulate the mission of Kleinfelds and why the bridal gown is so important to a wedding in a way that makes it seem more sensible. Mostly, this is a book of practical shopping advice for wedding gowns. He is even more educated and experienced in fashion than I had thought. He tells sweet stories about couples who used Kleinfelds for their dress s ...more
Marissa Sherman Deziel
This book was nice for getting an idea of how to look for your dress, but made me feel kinda bad about my dress bedget.
Trish
Aug 29, 2012 Trish rated it it was amazing
It is by far the best gown book I've ever bought! Randy gives some pretty useful advice and tips about wedding gowns. He tells about his amazing experiences with his clients, and he shares about almost everything he knows about wedding gowns and what to choose for. As a fashion design student who's fascinated with weddings and dreams of opening up my own bridal boutique, I've learned a lot more after reading this book. Randy Fenoli does not disappoint!
Tracey
Nov 07, 2012 Tracey rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
I like Randy on Say Yes to the Dress, and had no idea about his past as a designer. I enjoyed the explanations of the fashion terms (I finally understand the difference between a trumpet skirt and a mermaid style). I have to say, though, that some of those dresses weren't all that flattering to the women wearing them. If they felt beautiful, though, I suppose that's all that matters. And the Pnina Tournai Stripper Fairy dress didn't make an appearance.
Haley
Mar 06, 2013 Haley rated it liked it
Recommends it for: say yes to the dress fans, brides
Meh. I guess if you're a super-fan of the show "Say Yes to the Dres" this might appeal. Otherwise it was a pretty generic book about wedding dresses. I did like the way it discussed the different styles and body types. It had illustrations that were useful. And, I would say it was more helpful and user friendly than other wedding dress books out there. However, I found the overall tone a bit cloying and trite.
Rachel Sprague
Apr 16, 2012 Rachel Sprague rated it liked it
I liked reading through this and looking at all of the different dress options. I think Randy is fantastic, and when I do get engaged and start looking for dresses, I will be wishing the whole time that he were with me, guiding me. I love Say Yes to the Dress, and this is pretty much the show in book form. I will have to revisit it when I actually am looking for wedding dresses.
Christina
Dec 07, 2011 Christina rated it liked it
Shelves: library, 2011
It's been years since I have needed a wedding dress and yet I still love looking at them! This book had both Randy and dresses...a little more of both and I would have been thrilled. However, I can see how this would help brides find the perfect dress.
Christina Kirsch
Jan 18, 2016 Christina Kirsch rated it really liked it
Read this in one night but will definitely be referring back to it. After watching a lot of SYTTD there is not too much new information but it's fun to read and get excited for your appointment. Dressing for your body type tips are helpful.
Christy
Jan 08, 2013 Christy rated it really liked it
Not quite what I expected but I liked the book anyway. I enjoyed the background info on Randy and I could hear him talking as I was reading. In the end the dress I picked did follow his suggestions/guidelines, so I must have learned something.
Natarsha
Feb 25, 2012 Natarsha rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, it is totally perfect in laying out important facts, and show casing beautiful wedding gowns, and other useful information. Loved the colour layout too.
Kimberly
Feb 20, 2012 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Pretty good book for it's breakdown of the bridal gown and helpful hints on how to find a dress and how to verbalize what you want in a dress.
Candyce
Mar 09, 2012 Candyce rated it liked it
My new boss saw this book come in & put it aside for me.
I am only a few pages into it but I love hearing Randy's life story so far!
Joy Williamson
Feb 14, 2012 Joy Williamson rated it it was amazing
Getting ready for my daughter's wedding in Sept
Chanelle
Chanelle marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Mimi
Mimi rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Azalia
Azalia is currently reading it
Mar 29, 2016
Pepe
Pepe is currently reading it
Mar 21, 2016
Sherry
Sherry rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Kami
Kami added it
Jan 20, 2016
Alison G.
Alison G. marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
L
L rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2016
Kyme '
Kyme ' marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Cindy
Cindy is currently reading it
Nov 24, 2015
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2015
Joy Peanut
Joy Peanut rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2015
Viktoria
Viktoria rated it did not like it
Oct 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: Book #13: It's All About the Dress 1 3 Mar 06, 2013 10:13AM
Randy Fenoli is the star of TLC's Say Yes to the Dress. He is also star of Say Yes to the Dress: Big Bridal Bliss and Randy's Top Ten. Randy's day job is Fashion Director at Kleinfeld Bridal where he personally sees over 15,000 brides each year. He meets with and lectures to another 50,000 brides per year at wedding events around the country. Randy has appeared on Rachael Ray and has been featured ...more
More about Randy Fenoli...