Start by marking “A History of Earth in 100 Groundbreaking Discoveries” as Want to Read:
A History of Earth in 100 Groundbreaking Discoveries

A History of Earth in 100 Groundbreaking Discoveries

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  32 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
"An illustrated survey of 100 key events in Earth's dramatic history."

"A History of Earth in 100 Groundbreaking Discoveries" is a fascinating account of the discoveries that reveal why Earth is the one planet in our solar system that can support life. It surveys 100 key events in the evolutionary history of our planet, from its origins and geological formation 4.5 billion
Published August 4th 2011 by Firefly Books

Be the first to ask a question about A History of Earth in 100 Groundbreaking Discoveries

Richard Pittman
Sep 13, 2014 Richard Pittman rated it liked it
Nice, but it could have been better. The format of the book is to announce a topic, show a one-page relevant photograph, give a few sentences about its meaning and key discovery, then go into greater detail in a 3-page description with a few illustrations. It stuck to this format religiously, but some of the topics really needed more explanation. Also, the illustrations were insufficient. In a book that went into geography, geology, and biology to a great extent, I was often mentally crying out ...more
Pburgh
Dec 04, 2014 Pburgh rated it really liked it
It's a nice overview of the entirety of earth's history, including speculation of its eventual demise. The 100 chapters are arranged chronologically, but are self-contained, allowing the reader to jump around to topics of greatest interest. The book is generously illustrated, but could use more maps.
ZaBeth  Marsh
Excellent reference book if you want to learn more about the Earth. Also scared the heck out of me. Everyone I know will be dead in a billion years but reading about the death of the Sun and my planet still makes me nervous. Nice quick read!
Larry
Jan 15, 2012 Larry rated it it was amazing
An amazing overview of the creation of earth and how it and humans evolved. Indicates both the special blessing we have and how insignificant each of us are in the big scheme of things. Very grounding!
Adrianna
Jul 26, 2012 Adrianna rated it it was amazing
This book is an amazing reteeling of the Earth's history from its earliest days to today and was an interesting read. I definetly learned many new things!
Sharice George
Apr 24, 2013 Sharice George rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed the book. Its great for filling you in on all the most recent developments and discoveries.
Fatima
Fatima marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Ann Ollila
Ann Ollila is currently reading it
Jan 21, 2016
Beth
Beth rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2016
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2015
Jim K
Jim K marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Ludmirska
Ludmirska rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2015
Build a Scientist
Build a Scientist marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Laura rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2015
Judy Ghoneim
Judy Ghoneim rated it really liked it
May 20, 2015
Mahyar
Mahyar marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Lee Mills
Lee Mills is currently reading it
Feb 28, 2015
Dinu
Dinu added it
Feb 20, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Daina Krigens
Daina Krigens marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Nicole Holstein
Nicole Holstein marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Shawn
Shawn rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2014
Sameera Lasantha
Sameera Lasantha rated it did not like it
Nov 28, 2014
Eugene Dagon
Eugene Dagon rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2014
Andrew
Andrew added it
Nov 15, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015