Start by marking “McQueen's Machines: The Cars and Bikes of a Hollywood Icon” as Want to Read:
McQueen's Machines: The Cars and Bikes of a Hollywood Icon

McQueen's Machines: The Cars and Bikes of a Hollywood Icon

No other Hollywood star has been so closely linked with cars and bikes, from the 1968 Ford Mustang GT Fastback he drove in ""Bullitt"" (in the greatest car chase of all time) to the Triumph motorcycle of ""The Great Escape"." ""McQueen's Machines"" gives readers a close-up look at the cars and motorcycles McQueen drove in movies, those he owned, and others he raced. With a ...more
Published November 1st 2010 by Motorbooks International (first published November 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about McQueen's Machines, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about McQueen's Machines

Dan Glover
3.5 stars. Ok, time for honest admission. While I normally review works of Christian theology, spirituality or hermeneutics, with the occasional novel or children's book thrown in, I am a car guy. Since first seeing Bullit as a pre-teen, I've also been a fan of Steve McQueen...well, particularly his motoring tastes and how that usually makes its way into his movies. I always respected the fact that he was a true driver and that it wasn't just an on-screen persona.

If you are a Steve McQueen fan,
Jess
Aug 27, 2008 Jess rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: gearheads, McQueen fans
Steven McQueen was one hellofa guy; he loved, understood, and was good with engines. If you're looking for a biography, look elsewhere. If you're looking for a book on his cars, motorcycles, racing, stunt driving, collecting and so forth, this is your book.

Nice intro by Chad McQueen whose input is felt throughout. Chad even let Stone drive some of Steve's cars including the '58 Porsche speedster and the '67 Ferrari NART spyder.

Lots of fab pictures of cars (and McQueen) that remind you why you
Jeff Bee
Read on the Kindle app, which was new to me. Lots of techie information, and car and bike photos. Unfortunately, I could not zoom into the photos to get a better look, so I would recommend a hard-copy. This is not a book about the man, so much as it is a book about a man, his passion for vehicles and driving/racing them.
Marion James
Jan 09, 2016 Marion James rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brought this as a gift for my husband who loves his cars and found myself enthralled again by the beautiful images of Steve McQueen a good present for the men and a good present for women who like to see the original eye candy !
Joe Robertson
Dec 18, 2011 Joe Robertson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Steve McQueen was great during his time. I can remember watching him weekly on "Wanted Dead or Alive." He was a man's man. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about his cars and motorcycles. It brought back many memories.
Hunter Marston
Aug 23, 2013 Hunter Marston rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very unique book for collectors, McQueen officianados, car and motorcycle enthusiasts alike. Fun reading and inspiring as a motorcycle owner and McQueen fan.
Carol
Jul 24, 2008 Carol rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biographies
It's McQueen. It's gorgeous cars and motorcycles. What's not to love?
Marko Mladenovich
Nobody was cooler than Steve. Check out this great book.
Californiastevesmith Smith
Oct 05, 2011 Californiastevesmith Smith rated it really liked it
Steve McQueen's cars, just like him, epic.
Ryan
Ryan rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2016
James Guimaraes
James Guimaraes rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2016
Robert Evans
Robert Evans rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2015
Andy
Andy rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2012
Raunaq Sahu
Raunaq Sahu rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2016
Mark Bunch
Mark Bunch rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2017
Fred Holzheiser
Fred Holzheiser rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Pamela
Pamela rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2009
Slick1ru2
Slick1ru2 rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2011
Michael Schmitt
Michael Schmitt rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2016
Mike
Mike rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2016
Billie Jo
Billie Jo rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2014
ryan odell
ryan odell rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Albert Dunberg
Albert Dunberg rated it really liked it
May 03, 2016
James Parks
James Parks rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2013
bainsworth
bainsworth rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2016
Steve
Steve rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2012
Robert
Robert rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2013
Gera
Gera rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2009
Chad Von ins
Chad Von ins rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2014