Start by marking “Rory's Last Chance (Love in Xxchange, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rory's Last Chance (Love in Xxchange, #1)

Rory's Last Chance (Love in Xxchange #1)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  431 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Chance Galloway thinks walking into the Xxchange might just be the biggest mistake he’s ever made, but one stranger who seems to know just how to touch Chance is going to make it a night he’ll never forget.

Chance Galloway is used to being alone. Once a wild and voracious player, he became a loner after a traumatic event in his past tore his world apart. Older and wiser, ye
Published May 16th 2011 by Total-E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about Rory's Last Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rory's Last Chance

Christy Loves 2 Read
This is the first book in a new series 'Love in Xxchange' by the wonderful Bailey Bradford. As I enjoy this author's writing and her series are always entertaining, I was looking forward to this new adventure. The fact that Rory and Chance met in a bar called The Xxchange I felt was rather amusing, especially considering it's a gay bar in a fairly small, rural Texas town. There aren't too many of those around.

Chance is forty years old and wants nothing to do with PYTs - pretty young things. He d
Avril
No idea why it took me soo long to get into this series. I've got all the books on my Kindle, I just never got around to reading them. I did today, mostly because the Kindle is running out of space, and Mr. A says I can't have another Kindle until I read all the books on this one so I...But I digress. Loved. On to book 2
Karen K
I liked this book and the characters were also likeable but I didn't end up feeling any emotional attachment to them like I prefer in my fave books. Rory and Chance are a nice couple but I just didn't find any "oomph" in them and their relationship, plus the fact they were both abused by the same man didn't sit well in my head.
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
3.5

I have to say that I don't know how I feel about certain aspects of this book.

Likes:

*Chance was kind of crotchety but he got over it in a reasonable amount of time. He wasn't stuck on asshole and when he did something crappy he apologized. It didn't take Chance long to see the light.

*Rory, oh, Rory. He was cute and sexy at the same time. I loved that he was pretty but he was also tall and muscular. I also loved that he wasn't completely happy with the fact that he was pretty. He wanted peopl
Daanquai
Although the title is kinda corny (Rory and Chance are the MCs), the book is really good. Of course, Bailey Bradford is a very talented writer and was able to keep me hooked till the end.

I had some issues with Chance (he's a little too uptight, but given the antics of his youth, I guess that's to be expected). I really liked Rory, though; very cute and very sexy. One thing that was a little off-putting was that once these guys got together, for me the book kinda got less interesting. The only c
Meggie
The start in the bar was totally hot and the image I got about the mysterious man, spoke volumes. I really wanted to know him, to see what kind of man he was. I asked myself why he left Chance so abruptly at the bar... but then how the plot continued, everything changed.
What a disappointment. This mysterious guy was a kid named Rory and Chance, became the older man, with lot of experiences in his years.
I really don't know what to say, the start was awesome but then everything changed and the pl
Phaney
Nov 27, 2014 Phaney rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
2014 Re-read:

Okay. There was way too much sex. And even when there wasn’t, the guys walked around hard anyway. Apparently erections can go from zero to hundred in about a second and do so frequently. And they leak profusely all the time.
Oh well, that’s all within the parameters of what I expect from this author, and it is not really bad sex (just not too realistic), so I can deal (and skim a bit, I suppose).

It’s still a pretty good read, all things considered.

So here we go, restarting this serie
Jilrene ♥
3.5 stars rounded up for warm fuzzies. This story is about two of the most well adjusted and mature men ever. Both men have past baggage that left some scars. However, they think before they speak, are considerate of each other's feelings, and trust each other quickly. Very quickly. In spite of all that perfectness, I did connect with Rory and Chance. This is a nice easy read with only a few glaring typos. If you like cowboys and May-December romance with just a hint of angst, you might enjoy th ...more
Don Bradshaw
I was disappointed by this story. There was very little conflict aside from the push and pull to get Chance into Rory's bed. The past troubles with Art was a minor thing that ran its course quickly. The story was primarily a series of sex scenes which while good, they did not make for much in the way of character development or depth. I just cannot see Chance and Rory running a successful ranch together from the bedroom.
Lena Grey

What's the possibility of two men finding each other because they were sexually abused by the same man? One would think that, if anything, being abused would make it difficult for someone to trust another man enough to love again; but for Chance Galloway and Rory Calhoun of 'Rory's Last Chance’ by Bailey Bradford, this possibility became a reality. Brought together by a violent sexual act, they used their experiences to forge an intense, loving relationship and become each other's redemption.

As
Kerry  sullivan
This book was reviewed for Musings of a bookworm

I only read this because I interviewed the author with regards to another series and she mentioned this one, and boy am I glad I did. As an introduction to a series I loved it as it introduced us to the characters in the next 2 books and lets face it what not to love about Miles, Bo and Annabelle. I will be reading the next two books soon and then I guess the rest of Baileys book as I have not read a bad one yet. She is able to give us complex per
Pam
I wasn't certain about Chance initially. He showed up at the club and his attitude was rather brisk and bad-tempered, but it's just as obvious he has some issues which immediately changes him into a likable guy. Rory is also hiding his own problems...pains and Ms. Bradford did a nice job expressing their pain.

The plot flow is smooth, the sex blistering hot and the secondary characters interesting. Then you have numerous twists relating to Rory's family and the man who hurt him, Art. My only real
Raevyn
This was a decent read, but I wanted more from the relationship between Rory and Chance. There was no build up in the book because time passed too quickly. It went from them teasing to them ignoring each other to them being in bed (in about 4 pages). I liked the characters and wanted to learn more about them.

As for the cover, I think it is very misleading. Chance is supposed to be 40 years old and Rory is in his early to mid twenties. The boys on the cover look to be late teens or early twenties
Dec 10, 2013 Laura rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Laura by: Jenni Lea
I can describe this book in one word: cursory. The story had a lot of potential, the different plot lines just didn't seem to be developed fully so it made it very hard to connect to it. It's a cowboy story, but it isn't. It's about getting over emotional trauma, but not really. It's about justice being served, but again, not really. The love that is there is of the instant variety but you can't really feel it. I don't know, maybe it's just me. I think this could have been a great story with jus ...more
SueM
A good M/M cowboy romance if you don't mind a bit of an insta-love trope. Despite the turmoil of the MC's background, the novel didn't inspire a lot of angst with me, possible because I found the solutions came a little to easily, resulting in outcomes that became quite predictable. Yet at the same time, it's a good way to spend some time without being tossed around by an emotional roller coaster. Don't expect an emotional angst-ridden novel and you'll spend the time being entertained by this st ...more
Gyn
This author managed to take an often used formula/character/plot and make it all their own! I felt like Rory and Chance were unique and not like every other cowboy type I've read. The story itself I've read many times but not quite like this. There were plenty of differences and unique points to make it more than mundane. Biggest downer was the quickness with which the MC's fell in love and the over abundance of sex rather than depth.

Melanie~~
A solid three stars. It is fairly generic for the genre. There is a bit of angst and some non-graphic talk of past rapes. A good bit of sex but it is varied. Generally it is a good story and well-written. I did find a tiny inconsistency with a horse that "changed" from a she to a gelding; otherwise a good writing job.
Blackraven's Reviews
All in all, Rory’s Last Chance is an entertaining novel with likable characters and an interesting plot. Scorching sex and a villainous subplot round out this first installment of the Love in Xxchange series. to view this review in its entirety, please visit http://www.blackravensreviews.com/?p=...
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Rory hires on at Chance's ranch! ( yes, a cowboy story:) they had a hot encounter at a bar, but Chance doesn't know it was Rory!
Chance was a bit of a jerk, but gets over it pretty quickly, not a lot of angst, despite the plot and no big misunderstanding (always a good thing! ).
Overall, a nice read!
yoksan
It was fun at first, the boys were charming and sweet. And then it got boring, or perhaps I just kind of lost concentration. I felt Rory was weak and teary, Chance was kinda too hot-headed. Hmph.

I'll give this one another go some other time, after my head was completely outta work-induced stupor...
Lily
I loved the start of the book, the scene in the bar when they first meet is super hot, but unfortunately the rest of the story doesn't live up to the beginning. I liked the MC's but the longer I read the less interested in them I became. Hopefully I'll enjoy the next story more.
Eyre
I liked this story, but I didn't really feel connected to the main characters. Plus, one of the major plot points required a suspension of disbelief that I couldn't quite make.

I am going to read book 2 in this series. I'm very interested in Max's story.
Aidee Ladnier
I really liked this book. In fact, I liked it so much, I immediately purchased all the rest of the books available in the series. There's just something sexy about an older man being swept off his feet by someone younger.
Merith
Rory's Last Chance wasn't bad... wasn't good either. Just okay. I would have liked to have had more story between the pages (and pages) of sex, though.

I probably will pick up the next book in the series.
Purplegirl
This was OK. I think the author was trying to make it seem more serious than it was. It reminds me of the Cattle Valley Series. I want to read Bo and Max's story so I will see if that is any better.
Gwengwel
What's the problem lately with the cover!?

We have two young twink on that one when it's supposed to be about a 40 years old cowboy and a young muscle angel.
Janet
Great story and a great start to a new series. Can't wait for the next one. (of course I hate to wait for a Bailey Bradford story anyway, they're all good!
Kira

An okay start for the series. Honestly though, I liked part 2 better because the characters were more interesting.

Good writing, though.
Rachel
I really enjoyed this...loved the characters, liked the setting, and am really looking forward to the next book! Very enjoyable read!
Absynthe
I couldn't bring myself to care about either of the main characters. There's also nothing really original in this book.
  • Long Tall Drink
  • Morning Report (Morning Report, #1)
  • A Troubled Range (Range, #2)
  • Shy Cowboy (Uncommon Cowboys, #3)
  • The Broken H (Ranch Series, #2)
  • Ralston's Way (Prentiss, #1)
  • Luke's Surprise (Shifters' Haven, #1)
  • Duncan's World
  • Finding Release (Wild R Farm, #1)
  • Tyler's Cowboy (Cowboy Lovin' #1)
  • Cowboy Keeper (Blaecleah Brothers, #2)
  • Clouds and Rain (Clouds and Rain #1)
  • Natural Disaster (Bareback, #2)
  • Bareback Cowboy (Saddle Up and Ride, #2)
  • Nowhere Ranch
  • The Cowboy Poet
  • Marathon Cowboys
A few things about me...

I am a married mom of four who spends most of the day writing, either on stories or at the blog. I love to write as much as I love to read. I am generally quiet and laid back, choosing to let things slide off me rather than stick and irritate me.

And it's really hard trying to think of descriptives for myself, so I'll just let y'all e-mail me or comment at the blog if there'
More about Bailey Bradford...
Rescued (Southwestern Shifters, #1) Relentless (Southwestern Shifters, #2) Reckless (Southwestern Shifters, #3) Levi (Leopard's Spots, #1) Rendered (Southwestern Shifters, #4)