Start by marking “Rory's Last Chance (Love in Xxchange, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rory's Last Chance (Love in Xxchange, #1)

Rory's Last Chance (Love in Xxchange #1)

Chance Galloway thinks walking into the Xxchange might just be the biggest mistake he’s ever made, but one stranger who seems to know just how to touch Chance is going to make it a night he’ll never forget.

Chance Galloway is used to being alone. Once a wild and voracious player, he became a loner after a traumatic event in his past tore his world apart. Older and wiser, ye
Published May 16th 2011 by Total-E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about Rory's Last Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rory's Last Chance

Ije the Devourer of Books
Every now and then I like to read a light hearted fluffy story. I like to while away a few hours on something that isn't too demanding but at the same time is enjoyable.

This normally works quite well for me but I am not sure it did with this book. There is a really nice cowboy mm romance here somewhere but the first part of the story is lost amongst an outpouring of hard-ons and arousals and male genitalia (I am trying to be polite here, because reviews are public).

Such a pity.

The story really s
Christy Duke
Sep 11, 2013 Christy Duke rated it really liked it
This is the first book in a new series 'Love in Xxchange' by the wonderful Bailey Bradford. As I enjoy this author's writing and her series are always entertaining, I was looking forward to this new adventure. The fact that Rory and Chance met in a bar called The Xxchange I felt was rather amusing, especially considering it's a gay bar in a fairly small, rural Texas town. There aren't too many of those around.

Chance is forty years old and wants nothing to do with PYTs - pretty young things. He d
Karen K
I liked this book and the characters were also likeable but I didn't end up feeling any emotional attachment to them like I prefer in my fave books. Rory and Chance are a nice couple but I just didn't find any "oomph" in them and their relationship, plus the fact they were both abused by the same man didn't sit well in my head.
Avril
Apr 15, 2014 Avril rated it really liked it
No idea why it took me soo long to get into this series. I've got all the books on my Kindle, I just never got around to reading them. I did today, mostly because the Kindle is running out of space, and Mr. A says I can't have another Kindle until I read all the books on this one so I...But I digress. Loved. On to book 2
Daanquai
Jul 26, 2011 Daanquai rated it really liked it
Although the title is kinda corny (Rory and Chance are the MCs), the book is really good. Of course, Bailey Bradford is a very talented writer and was able to keep me hooked till the end.

I had some issues with Chance (he's a little too uptight, but given the antics of his youth, I guess that's to be expected). I really liked Rory, though; very cute and very sexy. One thing that was a little off-putting was that once these guys got together, for me the book kinda got less interesting. The only c
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
3.5

I have to say that I don't know how I feel about certain aspects of this book.

Likes:

*Chance was kind of crotchety but he got over it in a reasonable amount of time. He wasn't stuck on asshole and when he did something crappy he apologized. It didn't take Chance long to see the light.

*Rory, oh, Rory. He was cute and sexy at the same time. I loved that he was pretty but he was also tall and muscular. I also loved that he wasn't completely happy with the fact that he was pretty. He wanted peopl
Meggie
Jun 05, 2011 Meggie rated it it was ok
The start in the bar was totally hot and the image I got about the mysterious man, spoke volumes. I really wanted to know him, to see what kind of man he was. I asked myself why he left Chance so abruptly at the bar... but then how the plot continued, everything changed.
What a disappointment. This mysterious guy was a kid named Rory and Chance, became the older man, with lot of experiences in his years.
I really don't know what to say, the start was awesome but then everything changed and the pl
Jilrene ♥
May 31, 2013 Jilrene ♥ rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up for warm fuzzies. This story is about two of the most well adjusted and mature men ever. Both men have past baggage that left some scars. However, they think before they speak, are considerate of each other's feelings, and trust each other quickly. Very quickly. In spite of all that perfectness, I did connect with Rory and Chance. This is a nice easy read with only a few glaring typos. If you like cowboys and May-December romance with just a hint of angst, you might enjoy th ...more
Don Bradshaw
I was disappointed by this story. There was very little conflict aside from the push and pull to get Chance into Rory's bed. The past troubles with Art was a minor thing that ran its course quickly. The story was primarily a series of sex scenes which while good, they did not make for much in the way of character development or depth. I just cannot see Chance and Rory running a successful ranch together from the bedroom.
Lena Grey
Jul 04, 2011 Lena Grey rated it really liked it

What's the possibility of two men finding each other because they were sexually abused by the same man? One would think that, if anything, being abused would make it difficult for someone to trust another man enough to love again; but for Chance Galloway and Rory Calhoun of 'Rory's Last Chance’ by Bailey Bradford, this possibility became a reality. Brought together by a violent sexual act, they used their experiences to forge an intense, loving relationship and become each other's redemption.

As
Phaney
Nov 27, 2014 Phaney rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, oh-yes
2014 Re-read:

Okay. There was way too much sex. And even when there wasn’t, the guys walked around hard anyway. Apparently erections can go from zero to hundred in about a second and do so frequently. And they leak profusely all the time.
Oh well, that’s all within the parameters of what I expect from this author, and it is not really bad sex (just not too realistic), so I can deal (and skim a bit, I suppose).

It’s still a pretty good read, all things considered.

So here we go, restarting this serie
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
I love that they switch despite the boss employee dynamic and that Chance is so much older.

Favorite line: "He was far enough from a virgin, thanks to his horny youth, that if he had as many pricks sticking out of him as he’d had poking in him, he might come close to resembling a damn porcupine."

I don't think I've ever read a novel with more sex. Every page is either part of a sex scene or them eying each other or talking about their feelings, complete with leaking dicks and intense kissing.

Eve
Kerry  sullivan
May 24, 2012 Kerry sullivan rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, gblt, romance
This book was reviewed for Musings of a bookworm

I only read this because I interviewed the author with regards to another series and she mentioned this one, and boy am I glad I did. As an introduction to a series I loved it as it introduced us to the characters in the next 2 books and lets face it what not to love about Miles, Bo and Annabelle. I will be reading the next two books soon and then I guess the rest of Baileys book as I have not read a bad one yet. She is able to give us complex per
Chanty
Jul 27, 2015 Chanty rated it really liked it
I like this author a lot. She writes about emotions and lots of hot smexy times. Sure many of her books are the same, but I have no problem with that. Like in other books the misunderstanding is in the beginning. But once the couple is together, they communicate. I just love that. Friends have commented that I rate books too highly. That may be true. I'm easy to please and many things just don't bother me. So keep that in mind when I recommend this book. It's sweet, sexy and the characters are v ...more
Oct 05, 2012 Laura rated it liked it
Recommended to Laura by: Jenni Lea
I can describe this book in one word: cursory. The story had a lot of potential, the different plot lines just didn't seem to be developed fully so it made it very hard to connect to it. It's a cowboy story, but it isn't. It's about getting over emotional trauma, but not really. It's about justice being served, but again, not really. The love that is there is of the instant variety but you can't really feel it. I don't know, maybe it's just me. I think this could have been a great story with jus ...more
Pam
I wasn't certain about Chance initially. He showed up at the club and his attitude was rather brisk and bad-tempered, but it's just as obvious he has some issues which immediately changes him into a likable guy. Rory is also hiding his own problems...pains and Ms. Bradford did a nice job expressing their pain.

The plot flow is smooth, the sex blistering hot and the secondary characters interesting. Then you have numerous twists relating to Rory's family and the man who hurt him, Art. My only real
Janie
Feb 17, 2015 Janie rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance, erotica
Chance and Rory were just fated to meet. Chance is an older retired rodeo cowboy looking to get his ranch up and started. He swears he is done with PYTs and is looking for someone more his age. Rory who just so happens to be a PYT is trying his hardest to get Chance to give him the time of day and show him that he's not like all the other young guys. After they finally get together they are just combustible and it's incredibly hot. The mystery of the story was kind of boring and not all that mys ...more
Raevyn
Nov 08, 2011 Raevyn rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-series, 2012
This was a decent read, but I wanted more from the relationship between Rory and Chance. There was no build up in the book because time passed too quickly. It went from them teasing to them ignoring each other to them being in bed (in about 4 pages). I liked the characters and wanted to learn more about them.

As for the cover, I think it is very misleading. Chance is supposed to be 40 years old and Rory is in his early to mid twenties. The boys on the cover look to be late teens or early twenties
SueM
A good M/M cowboy romance if you don't mind a bit of an insta-love trope. Despite the turmoil of the MC's background, the novel didn't inspire a lot of angst with me, possible because I found the solutions came a little to easily, resulting in outcomes that became quite predictable. Yet at the same time, it's a good way to spend some time without being tossed around by an emotional roller coaster. Don't expect an emotional angst-ridden novel and you'll spend the time being entertained by this st ...more
Gyn
Sep 28, 2012 Gyn rated it liked it
This author managed to take an often used formula/character/plot and make it all their own! I felt like Rory and Chance were unique and not like every other cowboy type I've read. The story itself I've read many times but not quite like this. There were plenty of differences and unique points to make it more than mundane. Biggest downer was the quickness with which the MC's fell in love and the over abundance of sex rather than depth.

Wendy Ann
I kinda liked this one more than I expected to. Both men had vulnerabilities that left them a little raw but perfectly suited to one another. I loved the older, supportive, and definitely curious ranch hand, and the ending was one of those that pulled an “awww” out of me. Very pleasantly surprised (and not quite sure why).
Melanie~~
Feb 24, 2012 Melanie~~ rated it liked it
A solid three stars. It is fairly generic for the genre. There is a bit of angst and some non-graphic talk of past rapes. A good bit of sex but it is varied. Generally it is a good story and well-written. I did find a tiny inconsistency with a horse that "changed" from a she to a gelding; otherwise a good writing job.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Rory hires on at Chance's ranch! ( yes, a cowboy story:) they had a hot encounter at a bar, but Chance doesn't know it was Rory!
Chance was a bit of a jerk, but gets over it pretty quickly, not a lot of angst, despite the plot and no big misunderstanding (always a good thing! ).
Overall, a nice read!
Blackravens Reviews
Jul 15, 2011 Blackravens Reviews rated it really liked it
All in all, Rory’s Last Chance is an entertaining novel with likable characters and an interesting plot. Scorching sex and a villainous subplot round out this first installment of the Love in Xxchange series. to view this review in its entirety, please visit http://www.blackravensreviews.com/?p=...
yoksan
It was fun at first, the boys were charming and sweet. And then it got boring, or perhaps I just kind of lost concentration. I felt Rory was weak and teary, Chance was kinda too hot-headed. Hmph.

I'll give this one another go some other time, after my head was completely outta work-induced stupor...
Lily
I loved the start of the book, the scene in the bar when they first meet is super hot, but unfortunately the rest of the story doesn't live up to the beginning. I liked the MC's but the longer I read the less interested in them I became. Hopefully I'll enjoy the next story more.
Merith
Sep 04, 2011 Merith rated it liked it
Rory's Last Chance wasn't bad... wasn't good either. Just okay. I would have liked to have had more story between the pages (and pages) of sex, though.

I probably will pick up the next book in the series.
Eyre
Nov 06, 2011 Eyre rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, lgbt
I liked this story, but I didn't really feel connected to the main characters. Plus, one of the major plot points required a suspension of disbelief that I couldn't quite make.

I am going to read book 2 in this series. I'm very interested in Max's story.
Vicki Hansen
Pretty bad

Barely a plot, broad, stereotypical characterization, so much angst you could choke. Dialogue much more appropriate to young girls. Only finished it because it was short. Can't believe there is a series of these novels.
  • Shifter Cowboy (Uncommon Cowboys #2)
  • Long Tall Drink
  • Ralston's Way (Prentiss, #1)
  • A Shared Range (Range, #1)
  • No Going Home (Home, #1)
  • Morning Report (Morning Report, #1)
  • Natural Disaster (Bareback, #2)
  • Tyler's Cowboy (Cowboy Lovin' #1)
  • Cowboy Keeper (Blaecleah Brothers #2)
  • The Broken H (Ranch Series, #2)
  • Hanging Chad (Willow Springs Ranch #4)
  • The Cowboy Poet
  • Bareback Cowboy (Saddle Up and Ride, #2)
  • Luke's Surprise (Shifters' Haven #1)
  • Marathon Cowboys
  • Nowhere Ranch
A few things about me...

I am a married mom of four who spends most of the day writing, either on stories or at the blog. I love to write as much as I love to read. I am generally quiet and laid back, choosing to let things slide off me rather than stick and irritate me.

And it's really hard trying to think of descriptives for myself, so I'll just let y'all e-mail me or comment at the blog if there'
More about Bailey Bradford...

Love in Xxchange (10 books)
  • Miles To Go (Love In Xxchange, #2)
  • Bend (Love In Xxchange, #3)
  • What Matters Most (Love In Xxchange, #4)
  • Ex's and O's (Love in Xxchange, #5)
  • A Bit Of Me (Love in Xxchange, #6)
  • A Bit of You (Love in Xxchange, #7)
  • In My Arms Tonight (Love in XXchange, #8)
  • Where There's A Will (Love in Xxchange, #9)
  • My Heart to Keep (Love in Xxchange, #10)