Start by marking “Craven (First Time #3)” as Want to Read:
Craven (First Time #3)

Craven (First Time #3)

3.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  237 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Craven is a sexy tattooed and pierced musician. He, his friend, and his sister all know and have accepted that he's gay, but he's never slept with another man.

He’s just returned to his hometown after failing to get his music career off the ground. He’s decided he will do what everyone else is doing, get a regular office job. His best friend has agreed to help him. But now
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 77 pages
Published April 10th 2011 by Risky Ink

To ask other readers questions about Craven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Craven

Catch a Ghost by S.E. JakesMy Fair Captain by J.L. LangleyShattered Glass by Dani AlexanderBound by Law by S.E. JakesForever Is Now by K. Vale
Pierced M/M characters
31st out of 280 books — 58 voters
Facing the Music by Sue HolstonAmerican Love Songs by Ashlyn KaneConquest by S.J. FrostCatch My Breath by M.J. O'SheaSinner's Gin by Rhys Ford
M/M with musician MC(s)
87th out of 158 books — 115 voters

More lists with this book...

Chris
Apr 22, 2011 Chris rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, gay, done, 2011, ebook
1.5 stars. So-so m/m romance based on multiple big misunderstandings... not my favorite plot device. This is my favorite sentence from the book: "His cock, which had gone down, hardened immediately, and rushed over to his side of the car."
Wave
Jun 09, 2011 Wave rated it it was ok
I couldn’t connect with either protagonist.

I bought Craven because I had enjoyed another book by this author, but the characters and the plot just didn’t do it for me and the protagonists seemed underdeveloped. Most of the time they didn’t appear to be in love, until everything came together for the big finish. In my opinion this cast of characters was definitely not playing with a winning hand.

This line of prose from the book probably says it all:

His cock, which had gone down, hardened immediat
Veronica /  V
May 27, 2012 Veronica / V rated it liked it
Ok lets start by saying Trevor was immature and Craven was a sweetheart, the story is not that bad, but there were so many misunderstandings, that it become silly.
Also, it was a HUGE WTH???
English is my second language and it is a real miracle that I can read and write in this wonderful confusing language... and if I NOTICED this sentence, then it is a HUGE BOO BOO.
So, if you ever see a penis rushing t
Merith
Apr 17, 2011 Merith rated it it was ok
I had trouble reading this story. It was just too full of cliched situations, shallow and trite. These men are in their late 20s and they acted like teenagers. And the writer making females bitches in order to move the male characters together is irritating. Craven and Trevor were both unrealistic characters. Not that realism has to be a part of a romance, but even for best friends since forever to lovers, these two kind of sucked.

Shaz
Oct 10, 2011 Shaz rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, musicians
Really sorry, but I can't rate this any higher. It needs a good editing; name change in the middle of a paragraph as well as spelling issues. And let's not even go to the infamous sentence that so many other reviewers have already quoted.

So while I usually really love the inked & pierced rocker...this one was a great disappointment.
DL
Jul 07, 2011 DL rated it did not like it
The characters were flat. Trevor seemed to be using Craven for sex. The only thing that said "love" anywhere was the author's say so. Of course, with editors that don't notice a penis rushing to the side of a car...
Maya
Apr 16, 2011 Maya rated it liked it
3.5 Stars This would have been a 4 star book for me if the ending hadn't been so abrupt and not as weak.
Don Bradshaw
A feel good friends to lovers story. Craven's sister, Connie, is a jerk though.
mah1
Jul 29, 2014 mah1 rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-for-me, scribd
Tam
Apr 21, 2011 Tam rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Craven moved to LA ten years ago to pursue his music career. However it's just not going, and he's decided to pack it in and turns to his best friend, and sister's ex, Trevor for help. Trevor has always accepted him and supported him unlike his judgmental sister. Unfortunately his sister is living with Trevor now, but just as roommates. It's awkward, and Craven has always been in love with Trevor, but Trevor dates women. He helps Craven get a job at his office but then acts as his agent of sorts ...more
Derynmorin1970
Jul 20, 2015 Derynmorin1970 rated it liked it
I would have given this one 3.5 - 4 stars if Trevors' POV had been included as well. Would have been nice to get into his head a little bit. Besides that I liked it.
Gwengwel
What's with that double standard? Craven is a 'gay virgin'? You're ether had sex or not. Why making a difference between having hetero and gay sex? You had sex with a human being. Making a difference between the two kind is like saying that gay are different than hetero and I through that's was one of the most important point, that LGBT peoples's work on, that they are the same as straight people? Not different.
It's not the first book that use this plot point and it's annoy me each time I see i
Mandi
Apr 12, 2011 Mandi rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-mm
3.5 stars. Bought this last night and read it in one go. (I have to admit, Eden Cole is a guilty pleasure for me!) I enjoyed the story and really loved Craven. He was just such a sweetheart. (view spoiler)

My only issue is the editing. It wasn't horrible, but I hate to read a totally different name in the middle of a scene. Threw me right out of the story (I actually kept going back to see if I missed something along the way).

Other than that mi
Simone
Apr 05, 2015 Simone rated it liked it
Eviant Eviant
Aug 27, 2011 Eviant Eviant rated it liked it
It had potential, but it just didn't reach it.
Shona Kimi
Sep 18, 2012 Shona Kimi rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story
Dawn
Dawn rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2016
Beth
Beth added it
Jun 03, 2016
Ralucacmf
Ralucacmf rated it really liked it
May 29, 2016
Gavenad
Gavenad rated it liked it
May 23, 2016
A
A marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Sophie
Sophie added it
Apr 03, 2016
Lynn Doughty
Lynn Doughty marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Ebosu
Ebosu rated it did not like it
Mar 22, 2016
Christine A Cordell
Christine A Cordell marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Silbenfresser
Silbenfresser rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2016
Audrianna
Audrianna rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2016
  • Shades Of Dreams
  • Shattered Glass
  • Dawn in the Orchard
  • Wild Horses
  • The Curtis Reincarnation
  • Black Gold (Black Gold #1)
  • Cherish
  • Outfoxed (Glitter Fox, #1)
  • Adder
  • Daron's Guitar Chronicles: Volume One (Daron's Guitar Chronicles, #1)
  • Trust
  • I Love Rock N Roll (Bodyguards in Love, #3)
  • Entanglements
  • Ripped (Boys of Summer, #1)
  • Aquamarine
  • Long Way Home  (Red-Tainted Silence #2)
  • Hell (Heaven Sent, #3)
  • Tyler's Cowboy (Cowboy Lovin' #1)
Eden Cole has been creating stories in her head since she was a small child. Love and romance, sensual pleasures find their voice in her erotic stories of romance. Fantasy, paranormal and science fiction are her favorite genres to write in.
More about Eden Cole...

First Time (3 books)
  • Raising Seth (First Time #1)
  • Cowboy Secrets (First Time #2)