Start by marking “Bruce and the Road to Courage” as Want to Read:
Bruce and the Road to Courage

Bruce and the Road to Courage (The Adventures of Bruce and Friends #1)

Bruce is frightened of becoming a butterfly because he's terrified of heights. Worse yet, the other caterpillars tease and bully him about it. Unwilling to suffer any more, Bruce runs away from home. Along the road, Bruce makes some unlikely friends, including a young moth caterpillar. Smitten by her, Bruce is horrified when she is captured by a bat while he hides. Angered ...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Two Cats Press (first published March 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bruce and the Road to Courage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bruce and the Road to Courage

Braden "Booknerd Boy"
Bruce and the Road to Courage is about a caterpillar name Bruce that does not want to become a butterfly because he is afraid of heights. I love this book because it is full of adventure. I also like that the characters are unlikely friends. I really became engaged and connected to the characters and cared what happened to them. I was always filling my Mom in on what was going on. I recommend this book to people that like animals. I give this book 4 stars
May 17, 2015 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
So far, so good. I am currently in the process of reading this book to my nephew when I watch him on a weekly basis. He is just about 5, so he still has problems with books that don't have pictures, but he is enjoying this book. We draw pictures to go with it, and he really enjoys drawing along as we read a few pages each night.
I'll be back with the finished result. :)

This book was sent to me as a Goodreads First Reads winner, and thank you!
Morgan Engel
Jun 16, 2012 Morgan Engel rated it it was amazing
A charming book with a good lesson. There's a character in this book for everyone and the exciting adventure keeps you reading. A truly unique story of friendship triumphing over bullying, problems, and fear.
Aya Haddad
I remember you came to see my class in California . I'm in mrs.Valbuena's third period class
Jul 18, 2011 Rubypickle4 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great book but be prepared to cry and be excited!
Sep 05, 2016 Aurora rated it liked it

Publisher: Two Cats Press

Part of a Series: Bruce trilogy

Type of book: 2000s, insect, evil, bats, travel, bullies, kids to young adults

Year it was published: 2011

Bruce, a young caterpillar who is afraid of heights, doesn’t want to become a butterfly. Tired of being teased and bullied about this, he leaves home, unaware that he has embarked on a heroic journey that will test both his character and his courage.
Kristi Vitale
Mar 06, 2016 Kristi Vitale rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
What a clever children's book about loving your friends and family and beating the bullies. Pure evolving sweetness - full of caterpillars, butterflies, a firefly, a mockingbird, a spider, and many more crawly creatures.
Vincent Alascia
Oct 25, 2014 Vincent Alascia rated it really liked it
This book has a very charming story and memorable characters. Everything moves at a good pace and the action kept my interest. I could definitely see myself reading this to a little one before bed.
M.J. Evans
Jul 07, 2013 M.J. Evans rated it it was amazing
Recommended to M.J. by: Young elementary children
This sweet book, written for young elementary children was anthropomorphism to the max! I kept forgetting that we were dealing with insects. Fortunately, the author didn't and actually educated me about several insect facts as she told this fun story. She also took advantage of several insect skills and talents to carry out her plot. This is a great first chapter book for young readers. It is a fun story while teaching good values. I had fun reading it.
Mar 27, 2013 Rachel rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book but it was way too politically correct. The "lessons" didn't make sense in an animal setting. Not the worst kids book I've ever read. Give it a try.

*I won this book in a GoodReads First Reads giveaway*
Michele A.
Mar 08, 2013 Michele A. rated it really liked it
I had this book read to me. A good book with a lesson. I enjoyed it. A bit of a tear jerker but a good book. I would recommend it.
Carol marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
Donna rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2014
Kristine Hansen
Kristine Hansen marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Carolyn rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2013
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2013
Andd Becker
Andd Becker marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2013
Faina marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
Dominic marked it as to-read
Pamela Vaughn
Pamela Vaughn marked it as to-read
Karina M.
Karina M. marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2013
Natalie marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2013
Mike marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2013
Shelli marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Gale had a number of different careers—including teacher, gift shop buyer, craft wholesaler, and American Sign Language interpreter—before she started her own business doing technical writing and editing for biotechnology companies. She ran that company successfully for years, until her husband suggested she retire early. She didn’t think twice. She also never really retired.

After moving to Arizon
More about Gale Leach...

The Adventures of Bruce and Friends (4 books)
  • Bruce and the Road to Honesty