Start by marking “The Word For Today Bible” as Want to Read:
The Word For Today Bible

The Word For Today Bible

4.81 of 5 stars 4.81  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  6 reviews
For over 30 years, Pastor Chuck Smith, founder of the Calvary Chapel movement, has been bringing Biblical truth alive in the hearts of believers. The Word for Today Bible focuses on a selection of his most powerful teachings and is packed with commentary, illustrations, and insights that guide readers to a deeper understanding of scripture. Through key features like introd ...more
Leather Bound
Published March 14th 2006 by Nelson Bibles (first published March 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Word For Today Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Word For Today Bible

Poiema
I gave away my first copy of this Bible, which had no red letters and Pastor Chuck's commentary interspersed in text boxes throughout the pages. I replaced it with a newer edition, with red letters and the commentary more traditionally formatted at the bottom of the page. I like it much better. Chuck's comments are written conversationally and although theologically sound, he doesn't come across as a scholar. There is commentary only on selected verses, not on everything. Also some very nice boo ...more
Anita
As a member of Calvary Chapel of Costa Mesa I admit my review is biased. I loved reading all of Pastor Chuck's comments. Some made me think of past sermons and others made me feel that I knew him a little better as a person. I did not know him personally but I would have liked to. I miss him and will keep this Bible as a treasured momento.
Angelo Terminel
I don't think there's another bible out there with such potent yet simple commentary like you'll find in this one. I equate it to sitting next to a beloved grandfather reading the bible together in silence, with frequent pauses to hear the wisdom of grandfather's insight to the scripture being read. Chuck has a warm and personable teaching style.
Donna Hunt
Great bible to have and Chuck's notes are great. I go to a calvary chapel and have been able to see one of his telecasts when at a pastors conference with my husband. He's blessed by God!
Alma Santana
THIS BOOK IS LIFE CHANGING!!! dont know what else to say, other than it set me FREE!!!
David Anderson
A great study Bible, NKJV.
Lupe Juarez
Lupe Juarez marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Josie
Josie added it
May 15, 2015
Jim Clark
Jim Clark marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Dr.J.A.Clay, Sr.
Dr.J.A.Clay, Sr. marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Margaret Spivey
Margaret Spivey marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Diana Bevill
Diana Bevill marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Donna Wilson
Donna Wilson marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Pamela Jeffers
Pamela Jeffers marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Irene Guerrero
Irene Guerrero marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Ronald Harmon
Ronald Harmon marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Linda Vel
Linda Vel is currently reading it
Jan 11, 2014
Greg Duncan
Greg Duncan marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Soo Kim
Soo Kim marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
Judith
Judith marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Why Grace Changes Everything Calvary Chapel Distinctives Harvest Effective Prayer Life Charisma Vs. Charismania