Start by marking “Automatic Wealth: The Six Steps to Financial Independence” as Want to Read:
Automatic Wealth: The Six Steps to Financial Independence

Automatic Wealth: The Six Steps to Financial Independence

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  210 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
"I have known Michael for over twenty years. He has one of the smartest business minds I know. When he gives me advice, I pay attention, and you should, too. Automatic Wealth is full of wisdom and insight filtered by a master and brought to you in a well-written and delightful style."
-John Mauldin, Editor of the bestselling book, Just One Thing: Twelve of the World's Best
Published February 28th 2005 by John Wiley & Sons (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Automatic Wealth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Automatic Wealth

Daniel Clausen
Oct 16, 2010 Daniel Clausen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit, even though my passions reside with the literary deep down part of my soul must be Machiavelli(or perhaps even Gordon Gecko). Essentially, the same elements that drew me into Rich Dad, Poor Dad drew me into this book. The genre is well tested at this point--a catchy title (that demonstrates the power of well-thought out marketing), a catchy story, more than a bit of guru-language to stir the emotions, and a lot of great business wisdom that borders on common sense.

I think for t
Jim
Aug 24, 2009 Jim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Summary: save 15% of everything you ever earn. Eventually, you will be wealthy.

The end.
Ramy
Feb 09, 2015 Ramy rated it really liked it
Shelves: wealth
الكتاب يستحق بالضبط 3.75
و الاقرب 4

بعد عدة كتب فى ذلك المجال ...اكتشفت ان هناك ....تقسيمات فرعية داخل نفس الموضوع "بناء الثروة"
فهناك من يتناول موضوع بناء الثروة من ناحية بناء نفسية الشخص الذى يريد بناء الثروة و تأهيله نفسيا للتعب من اجل جمعها او اقناعه ب أن الكسل ايضا ممكن يساعده فى جمعها او اقناعه حتى بانه لا داعى لان يمتلك ثروة فعلية و يكفى ان يتصرف و كأنه يمتلك الثروة..هذا اتجاهو لكنه لا يعجبنى اذ ان كل الاشخاص متحمسين كفاية نفسيا ليصبحوا اثرياء و لكن قلة قليلة من تريد خطوات عملية و قلة اقل من
Mohammed
Feb 08, 2014 Mohammed rated it really liked it
كتاب رائه وجميل في موضوعه. كما ان ترجمة الكتاب جيدة ، والتي غالباً ما تحرم القارئ متعة القراء في الكتب المترجمة. الكتاب عبارة عن ست خطوات يوصي بها المؤلف لتحقيق ثروة في فترة تتراوح بين - سنة. طرح المؤلف غير تقليدي وفيه الكثير من الافكار الرائعة. ...more
sleeps9hours
Nov 12, 2009 sleeps9hours rated it it was ok
I had fun with this one. I always figured to make tons of money you’d have to be willing to put in tons of hours, sacrificing a regular life, and Mr. Masterson shows this is true. This book allowed me to breathe a sigh of relief that I am normal for not somehow being able to raise 3 kids while simultaneously running some get-rich-quick scheme during naptimes (you know, those times I worry about my wasted career potential, but end up appreciating that life with my babes is too sweet to give up). ...more
Tyler
Dec 10, 2011 Tyler rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Synopsis: Michael Masterson is a self-made millionaire who shares his secrets in this book on how new graduates can also become self-made millionaires by the time they are thirty. The secret is to have your income increase exponentially, start your own business and sell it for millions and buy and sell real estate until you are rich.

My Review: I like to think that I would have been a skeptical reader of this book in 2007/2008, but in today's economy and marketplace, the instructions and estimate
Kimberly
Interesting enough. I liked what it had to say about setting definite "sell" points when an investment has dropped 25% below the high. This was new to me. I usually read in finance books that you should hold onto things forever...just so long as they don't hit rock bottom. This has given me something to think about.

Some of the material is a bit heavy for an audio book. I feel like I'd need to look at some of the calculations and numbers in print, but it was good to listen to overall. I wonder i
Heather Larcombe
Jan 18, 2015 Heather Larcombe rated it liked it
A useful book for salespeople and those who want to be salespeople. If you prefer not to be or become that flavor of accomplished thief, don't pick up this book until you have more than $100 K to invest. Everything starts, travels, and ends with starting new businesses and selling things and ideas to people. Nothing else is even vaguely recommended until you have used the fleecing of the masses to get a solid six figures together.
Daniel Kasbohm
Jan 09, 2011 Daniel Kasbohm rated it liked it
Pretty good. He goes into detail about how real estate is practically god's gift to humanity, which seems a little hollow now that the economy has completely collapsed in the aftermath of people aggressively "flipping" in Florida and other places. Another basic premise of his book was just "get into an important sales/marketing position at your company" which even he states is impossible at large firms like mine.

But many of his values are similar to mine (like save a lot, dont spend your life w
NiveusT
Jan 22, 2016 NiveusT rated it really liked it
Probably a little outdated, but it definitely gets you feeling like you want to get started with your life and figuring things out with everything.
Abdulrahman Al Fawaz
A great book on some common sense of managing personal finance. The book does not give a secret of any sort of way to riches.

It explains it in common size long term step by step risk averse approach. It can be summarized in the following: Always keep on savings money, being invaluable to your employer in order to earn the top specially in field of Sales and marketing, investing in real estate, investing in the stock market, the power of compounding, moonlighting a serious business, etc.

A must
Colleen
Dec 05, 2015 Colleen rated it did not like it
I think in today's economy, this guy's suggestions are comical.
Poo Man
guy tells me to write a book, invest in stocks and rent out a house
Neowuf
Oct 06, 2014 Neowuf rated it liked it
This book is outdated, but have some good common sense about what to do to get rich. It talk too much about real state.
Wellington
Oct 15, 2008 Wellington rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Many of the things he says I don't agree with but he provides a wealth of knowledge about money/career to anyone willing to listen. But at the heart of the book, I think the message is really "Yes, you can."

Can anyone offer a more important empowering message?

You can subscribe to the guy's website and read a lot more of for him for free - which is how I found out about the book. If I were to rate his 6 days a week newsletter, I would give it a 4.5/5.0 and I recommend him to anyone willing to ma
Jon Nielson
Jul 06, 2014 Jon Nielson rated it it was ok
Too simplistic to be of much use to anyone.
Jen
May 25, 2009 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: change-your-life
It took me almost two years to finish this book, which is probably explained by the fact that I didn't really want to read it; primarily because it was a graduation present. From my mom.

But, I'm glad I've read it. There's definitely some information I can see myself using in regards to work and the advice for financial matters is really helpful, because you're never too young to be thinking about retirement (right?!).
travelgirlut
Sep 26, 2008 travelgirlut rated it it was ok
I read the first half and flipped through the second half. While the author makes some good points, I think I'm just too lazy to follow his methods. Basically he's saying work really hard and you'll make lots of money. I'll just stick with saving 10 percent and not plan on retiring for 40 years.
Barry
Apr 04, 2013 Barry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Certainly one of the less sophisticated "get rich slowly" self-help style books. Some decent enough insight and a few good points make it a worthy bathroom read.
George Ramirez
Aug 11, 2011 George Ramirez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. I enjoyed this book. I understand i can't apply every part of this book to my life. But a great deal of it is useable.
Becky Straub
May 28, 2008 Becky Straub rated it it was amazing
Excellent advice. NOT a get-rich-quick book. Glad to know we are on the right track. Also new steps we will be taking soon :)
Major Doug
Listened to this book: was ok; not outstanding, but ok.
Vinnydbullet
Sep 26, 2008 Vinnydbullet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book to get you motivated to start working.
Paul
May 29, 2011 Paul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
A great first investment/ finance book.
S
Dec 22, 2015 S marked it as to-read
650.12 MAS
Alex
Apr 16, 2008 Alex rated it really liked it
A good, quick read.
Mahesh
Mahesh marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
A.soorianarayanan
A.soorianarayanan marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
MJ Jean
MJ Jean marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
  • Public Speaking and Influencing Men in Business  (From the author of 'How to Win Friends & Influence People')
  • Getting Rich Your Own Way: Achieve All Your Financial Goals Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • Maximum Influence: The 12 Universal Laws of Power Persuasion
  • Simpleology: The Simple Science of Getting What You Want
  • The Road to Wealth: A Comprehensive Guide to Your Money
  • The Automatic Millionaire Homeowner: A Powerful Plan to Finish Rich in Real Estate
  • The Evelyn Wood Seven-Day Speed Reading and Learning Program
  • The Myth of Laziness
  • Multiple Streams of Internet Income: How Ordinary People Make Extraordinary Money Online
  • Cracking the Millionaire Code: Your Key to Enlightened Wealth
  • Missed Fortune 101: A Starter Kit to Becoming a Millionaire
  • Everything You Need to Know About Personal Finance in 1000 Words
  • 50 Prosperity Classics
  • Think Big, Act Small: How America's Most Profitable Companies Keep the Start-up Spirit Alive
  • The Great Depression Ahead: How to Prosper in the Crash Following the Greatest Boom in History
  • The Motley Fool Investment Guide for Teens: 8 Steps to Having More Money Than Your Parents Ever Dreamed Of
  • Read and Get Rich: How the Hidden Power of Reading Can Make You Richer in All Areas of Your Life
  • Software Craftsmanship: The New Imperative