Start by marking “The Tarot Bible: The Definitive Guide to the Cards and Spreads” as Want to Read:
The Tarot Bible: The Definitive Guide to the Cards and Spreads

The Tarot Bible: The Definitive Guide to the Cards and Spreads

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  172 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Starting with the basics—choosing the best pack, understanding the deck and its structure, asking the right questions—this comprehensive guide to working with Tarot provides all the information needed to do a full reading. On colorfully, sumptuously illustrated pages unfold the mysteries of each card’s symbolic meaning. From the Magician to the Fool, the Lovers to the Herm ...more
Published September 28th 2006 by Sterling (first published September 15th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Tarot Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tarot Bible

Alexis
I really liked this book in its entirety. Out of all the books on tarot that I have read; it is by far the best book for the beginner to purchase when seeking a comprehensive guide to the tarot. It will make the journey more enjoyable when working with the cards. In fact I wish this had been the first book I had picked up when I bought my first deck.
Nikki
This book has an extensive collection of spreads organized by topic. It also touches on spells and crystals. The definitions for each card are extensive and written well. For ... more » each card, their is a blockage definition for each card which addresses the ever so puzzling issue of when a seemingly "positive" card lands in a "negative" position in a spread. Each card has a list of keywords which is necessary for helping one remember key points from the extensive definition. The author also ...more
Jendi
A good comprehensive resource for beginners, with high-quality illustrations. It's written to appeal to both secular readers and those who are into spells and crystals and such. I only wish the descriptions of the cards' meanings were not so full of cliche phrases. Now I'd like to find a book with more nuance and sophistication, to go deeper.
Lori Carlson
This is a wonderful companion book to own if you are into Tarot and it's history. There also a ton of spreads to learn about and use. I've gained so much insight into the cards from this book.
H.K.
This is the best tarot resource I have ever come across, and I've read this book so much I feel like it's a close friend. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone interested in the tarot craft.
Darby Riales
This book is great for understanding the art of Tarot. If one wasn't comfortable with purchasing Tarot cards, this book will give you the knowledge to understand the practice. If you have your own deck, it should have come with its own book. Some interpretations may vary, but are ultimately the same (just worded differently).
Matthew Cossey
A great resource book for understanding the tarot. Full card meanings along with many interesting spreads to try. The small compact size is also very handy! This book is ALWAYS close by when I have the cards out.
Nov 28, 2009 Jennifer rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: tarot readers
I love this book it is so well put together and easy to follow :D I have found it very helpful and user friendly, I would recommend this book to anyone who reads the tarot
Ryver Maren
Very nice description of the cards, their individual symbolism and meanings (including reversed meanings). A lovely resource.
Pixiep
This book is worth the money for the spreads section alone. Spreads are easily laid out, easy to follow.
Lisa
Another 'always reading' even though its finished. Its a re-reader :o)
Kim
this is my favourite tarot reference book out of the three i've read
Omdog
Sep 04, 2008 Omdog rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: magic
For basic info on interpreting the deck, it is a decent tool.
Alice
Feb 09, 2012 Alice rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: tarot
Basic introduction.
Very good book for beginners.
Destiny
The best one I have ever read. Had to buy it.
Rhea
I use this book every single day.
Kim Hines
One of the best in regards to tarot.
Victoria Maggio
Victoria Maggio marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Heather King
Heather King marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Sarah Walker
Sarah Walker marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Pixie
Pixie marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
elin
elin marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Helen Laughton
Helen Laughton marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Dani
Dani marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
  • The Complete Book of Tarot Reversals
  • The Spells Bible: The Definitive Guide to Charms and Enchantments
  • Crystal Bible 2
  • The Gilded Tarot
  • The Real Witches' Handbook: A Complete Introduction to the Craft for Both Young and Old
  • The Tarot Handbook
  • Power Tarot: More Than 100 Spreads That Give Specific Answers to Your Most Important Question
  • Tarot Spells
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Witchcraft
  • The Witch's Shield: Protection Magick and Psychic Self-Defense
  • Tarot for Writers
  • Jung and Tarot: An Archetypal Journey
  • The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Working with Chakras
National Geographic Ultimate Guide to Supernatural Places: Close Encounters, Haunted Houses, and Other Spooky Hot Spots Around the World The Mythology Bible: Everything You Wanted To Know About Mythology (Godsfield Bible) The Mythology Bible: The Definitive Guide to Legendary Tales The Tarot Bible A Brief History of Angels and Demons