Start by marking “The Marriage Betrayal (The Volakis Vow #1)” as Want to Read:
The Marriage Betrayal (The Volakis Vow #1)

The Marriage Betrayal (The Volakis Vow #1)

3.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  517 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Careless passion, pregnancy surprise...

Sander Volakis goes his own way. He’s forged his reputation in business, rather than relying on the family fortune, and indulges his darkly passionate, wild streak – he has no intention of marrying... He doesn't do country weekends, either.

Pitching up at Westgrave Manor is a favour to his father and a bore...until he sees Tally Spence

Mass Market Paperback, Modern Romance #1088
Published July 1st 2011 by Mills & Boon (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Marriage Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Marriage Betrayal

Books&Friends
Jun 04, 2011 Books&Friends rated it liked it
The last time they did this two parter thingy I promised myself I wouldn't read the first book until I had the second one ready to go. But I thought I would read the first few pages - you know - to get a sense of LG's latest. Hah! So much for that trick...she sucked me in.
I found her latest a real departure from her recent offerings and harkened back to her earlier great books. Certainly a wonderful thing, only sad because I can't say I loved it.
I was intrigued by Tally. She's the illegitimate d
Caro
Protagonistas: Lysander "Sander" Volakis ~ Tallulah "Tally" Spencer.

Conseguí esta novela en el canje y me puse muy contenta, ¡otro título para mi colección, yay!
Empecé a leerla y, al contrario que otros libros de LG, el prota me enfermó a las pocas páginas.
Es un snob, un inmaduro, un tipo que quiere todo sin complicaciones y vivir la vida loca. Generalmente, los protagonistas de Lynne son estirados, solteros, mujeriegos, pero que se redimen luego de que un hecho como que la heroína quede embara
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: July 19, 2011
Publisher: Harlequin
Imprint: Harlequin Presents
Author’s Website: http://www.lynnegraham.com/
My Source for This Book: Netgalley
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 1, Volakis Vow
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Hot
Years ago, Tally’s mother tried to trap a tycoon into marriage by intentionally getting pregnant. Unfortunately for her, he didn’t succumb to her machinations, and instead
LuvGirl
I couldn't get into this book from the start. The heroine seemed like a door mat the way she was treated and talked to by her 17 year old sister, and to tell you the truth I couldn't see what the hero saw in her. There was nothing special about her that would make me believe that a guy like that would be into her. Her personality was so bland and uninteresting. If I can't get into the leads after 30% into a book it's no use I continue to try, so goodbye.
Aly is so frigging bored
Main characters:
Tally Spencer
Sander Volakis

Why I added the book: I don't remember why... I think I was in one of my "Oh, billionaires! Cool." moods.

About the book: The book started well, Tally is a 20 year old college student who comes from a broken family. Her dad kind of orders her to go with her younger half-sister to a house party to keep her out of trouble. There every girl behaves atrociously since he's the "hired help" but she meets the attractive Sander who wants to bed her. They have
Kate
Aug 30, 2011 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had low expectations going into this one, so I surprised that I liked it as much as I did.

Even though the hero is a unapologetic alpha male, I actually kind of liked him. Yeah, he was a jerk, but at least he owned it. What other hero tells the heroine that he has no plans on being monogamous (although he does immediately agree to an exclusive relationship when the heroine says she won't sleep with him otherwise).

And if I think back to when I was 20 years old, think about how I would have react
Tali
Aug 14, 2013 Tali rated it it was ok
This is very much a book of two halves and if I judged it by the first half, I would be flouncing the entire book and giving it a 1 star review. Luckily, it does get better. The problem with the first half of this book is that in order to make the heroine, Tally, seem innocent and naive and kind, Graham has populated the novel with a series of vile characters that take advantage of Tally. I know it's supposed to show the difference between the 'good' poor and the 'selfish' rich, but as the hero, ...more
Nicole About Town

It has been a very long time since I read a straight up romance book. After reading this one, I remember why I stopped. The story is a familiar one. Woman is self-reliant and from a broken home. As a result she is looking for love, but holding out for the one. Man is a spoiled playboy who is not used to hearing the word no. Man likes the thrill of the challenge that woman brings and wants to sleep with her, but doesn’t want to have a relationship. Woman puts up half-hearted attempts to resist wh
RLA
Aug 30, 2011 RLA rated it really liked it
The hero Sander and the heroine Tally meet at a weekend party. Tally is only there in order to keep an eye on her half sister, although she has to pretend to her her sisters assistant. Due to the circumstances of her birth Tally has never been able to acknowledge that she is the illegitimate daughter of a wealthy Greek businessman. Sander is part of a powerful Greek family, as well as being successful in his own right. He enjoys his freedom and doesn't ever plan on settling down despite pressure ...more
Carol Storm
Oct 12, 2011 Carol Storm rated it it was ok
Meh.

Lynne Graham used to be my all-time favorite Harlequin Presents author. AN ARABIAN COURTSHIP just about fried my brains when I first read it twenty-some years ago.

But this new one was just sort of meh. A girl gets pregnant. Her hunky guy mopes a lot, but marries her. Her parents are no good schemers. She cries. She packs her bags. He stops her at the airport. Everything felt bland and warmed-over.

Where was all the luxury? Where were the exotic locations? Where were the sizzling love scenes
Subathra S
May 31, 2012 Subathra S rated it did not like it
how could someone become accustomed to marriage. I can accept marriage without love and discovering it as the time proceeds. But sander is trying to get back tally because he was accustomed to her in his life. that sucks.

HAPPY READING:)
Mandy
Jul 28, 2011 Mandy rated it it was ok
Take a strong, independent young woman, throw her into a romance novel, and suddenly she forgets everything. I couldn't help being disappointed.

Disclaimer: A copy of the book was provided by the publisher.
Caro
Mar 15, 2015 Caro rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: h-mnb-s
This was an ok/good book. There was plenty of anguish and head-banging moments, but the ending was good. The characters were a 50/50 for me, half the time I really liked them and the other half I was wanting to knock them upside the head and just have everything out. It was written well and flowed from one part to the next and the plot was good. I didn't realize, until I was done reading, that there was another book to go with this one. I'm hoping they have a better way of dealing with things in ...more
Jeanida Luckie-weatherall
Jun 28, 2015 Jeanida Luckie-weatherall rated it it was amazing
My favorite romance author always gets it right! Some are better than others, especially her older titles that I tend to read and re read over and over. But it is the familiar fantasy theme that I turn to romance for. Of course the guy is gorgeous, of course he is wealthy, and of course they are desperately in love and end up happy and together in the end. This is an entertaining escape not an educational manual on relationship realities. I love the escape of a good Harlequin Romance, and I know ...more
Rhonda
Sep 04, 2011 Rhonda rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would because I knew it was two books to complete the tale of Sander Volakis and Tally Spencer. Now I can go get the next one and read it.
Tally is almost done with college when her father asks her to go to a house party in the country with her half sister. ( The father she has only seen less than 10. and doesn't acknowledge her.) Her sister does not want anyone to know they are sisters so she plans to say she is her assistant. Tally is 20 and a virgin an
HÜLYA
Apr 06, 2012 HÜLYA rated it liked it
Şantaj-Lynne Graham

Bu ayki Harlequin High Life serisinden Lynne Graham'ın Şantaj isimli romanı btirdim.. ama romanın yarım kaldığını hissettim ki..Ben serinin ikinci kitabı Bride For Real'in ayrı bir macera olacağını tahmin ettsemde değilmiş..Keşke bu ayki High Life serisini yazarın iki kitabı ard arda verilebilseydi..

Kitaptaki erkek kahramana biraz gıcık oldum..Çünkü gelecek seferki macerada sanırım bir ihanet söz konusu ama şunu belirteyim ki yazarın farkı hissedilyor ne kadarda stilini biraz
A Tasty Read Book Reviews
Nya
Sep 05, 2015 Nya rated it it was ok
This book was absolutely amazing !
The only problem I had with this book was , the fact that they never really discussed his parents , Tally never confronted her father about how he forced Sander to marry her . She didn't really talk to her sister and step - mother about how evil they were . It's like this book only focused on the heroine and the hero , which is a good but it wasn't even more detailed she never met his parents . At the end they kind of dismissed everything .
KC
This was better than its sequel. Tally was spunky. I liked how she stood her ground with Sander. Sander was a very playboyish playboy at the start, but I warmed up to him. The ending was nice.

I wished the author had left it at that because Book Two was a downer. They were so happy at the end. Why ruin the fantasy?! Granted, Sander hadn't told Tally he loved her yet, but I know that was saved for the second book.
Sherry
Jun 18, 2011 Sherry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Marriage Betrayal
Lynne Graham

I love he-did-her- wrong novels! Sandor is attracted to Tally Spencer when they meet at a weekend house party. She is unlike most of the girls he beds but never weds. Their attraction and desire grow as they spend the next several weeks together. When she discovers she is pregnant, the relationship starts to fracture. Sandor is secretly blackmailed into marrying Tally who jumps at the chance to marry him. Their secrets begin to unravel their fragile marriage but
Cleffairy
Jul 15, 2011 Cleffairy rated it really liked it
Reviewed at: Library of Lights
Review date: 16 July 2011
Review link: http://mykindaland.com/?p=346

Reading Lynne Graham books is like eating a box of sinful, dark chocolate pralines, and this one is no different. ‘The Marriage Betrayal’ by Lynne Graham is sinfully delicious to read and makes you feel that you could moan out of pleasure. I love the intensity of this book, and I regret the fact that the book actually had to end at some point.

This book is wonderfully written and I can’t wait for the
Serena
Jul 25, 2011 Serena rated it liked it
Sander Volakis is a man's man. He does what he wants, when he wants. Right now, he wants is Tally Spencer. She, knowledgeable to what a player he is, wants no part of what he's offering. Unfortunately, her heart overrules her brain and she and Sander begin to see each other. Soon, Tally finds that she is pregnant. Sander offers her a decent financial package and a 'we're done' edict. Soon, his tune changes, after Tally's absentee father decides to throw his weight around. They are married and, s ...more
Andrea Moreno
May 31, 2015 Andrea Moreno rated it it was ok
2.5 ...more
Ladyacct
Aug 25, 2011 Ladyacct rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shorts
I think the statement made on page 80/82 maybe about halfway down, turned him into a donkey's butt instead of just a plain ole donkey. I really liked the heroine who showed a strength of character but of course let the hero completely mush her brain.
Angelica
Aug 06, 2011 Angelica rated it liked it
In contrast to the second book in the series this one did not make me want to slap Sander's face although i thought him very imature in his behavior. A plus was that both the hero and the heroine was a little younger than the typical harlequin.
Shelly
Apr 27, 2015 Shelly rated it it was ok
Jerk hero, weak heroine, poor storyline. Two part series and that I don't care to read the next book. These characters should not be bringing a baby into their lives. And twenty years old? Gimme a break, here! Ugh!
Tia
Sep 07, 2012 Tia rated it liked it
This novel was quick and I need to be honest in some aspect so pathetic and sad. I didn't like the gaps that we miss. I didn't like how it was written.
Bridie Coleman
Jun 05, 2011 Bridie Coleman rated it it was amazing
Truly loved this book and cannot wait for the sequel - very like Lynne's older style of books which I love. Roll on July for Part 2
Tawnya
Apr 15, 2013 Tawnya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book followed typical Alpha male, always assuming, never asking, which of course leads to a breakdown an any relationship.
  • Wife in the Shadows
  • The Sicilian's Marriage Arrangement
  • His Unknown Heir
  • The Sabbides Secret Baby
  • Dealing Her Final Card (Princes Untamed, #1)
  • Emerald Knight
  • One Last Night
  • The Man Who Risked it All
  • Powerful Greek, Unworldly Wife (Innocent Wives #1)
  • Passionate Bid (Blue-Eyed Four, #1)
  • His Majesty's Mistake (A Royal Scandal, #2)
  • The Ruthless Caleb Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #2)
  • The Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • The Santorini Bride
  • Secrets of the Oasis

Lynne Graham was born on July 30, 1956 of Irish-Scottish parentage. She has livedin Northern Ireland all her life. She grew up in a seaside village with herbrother. She learnt to read at the age of 3, and haven't stopped since then.

Lynne first met her husband when she was 1
More about Lynne Graham...

The Volakis Vow (2 books)
  • Bride for Real (The Volakis Vow #2)