Start by marking “The Mom Walk: Keeping in Step with God's Heart for Motherhood” as Want to Read:
The Mom Walk: Keeping in Step with God's Heart for Motherhood

The Mom Walk: Keeping in Step with God's Heart for Motherhood

Sally Clarkson, popular speaker, author, and cofounder of Whole Heart Ministries, inspires women to look beyond the culture's view of motherhood as a task to manage efficiently and see it as a God-given calling.

With biblical guidance and personal insight, Sally accompanies women through the qualities of a mother's walk with God to help them: embrace their home-based minist
Published January 1st 2007 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Mom Walk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mom Walk

Kelliec
Feb 09, 2009 Kelliec rated it it was amazing
All of Sally's books are just wonderful. What I love about this one is that it is written straight to the heart of a Mom. It's not about homeschooling. It's about mothering and the walk all mother's take on the road to child rearing. Sally clearly, yet gently, instructs her reader in God's provision for mothers. Sally tackles many issues in our world today that need addressed. Grab this book and have your Mom Heart comforted in this book. As always, when you are reading Sally, it's not done prop ...more
Anjanette Barr
Jul 21, 2011 Anjanette Barr rated it really liked it
Shelves: parenting
This is the first book I've read by Sally Clarkson. Every story she related had something to offer me right now even though my time of life may be different that hers in the episode she's relating. This is a very easy read, and I found myself marking passages to write down and quote later much more often than I normally would in a book this size (fairly small). It's not really a bible study book, almost a memoir - but with more of a devotional format, but I'm excited to pass it along and maybe ...more
Katheryn
Aug 22, 2013 Katheryn rated it it was amazing
What a great overview of motherhood and the task at hand given to us by our great Creator. While Sally speaks from real life experience and struggles, she casts that huge encompassing net of wisdom around the reader while as she also encourages and teaches about the way to find strength for mothering. I loved this book and wish it has gone on forever. I'll read it again in the future. It would be great to discuss with a group as well. We are so fortunate to have examples such as herself of great ...more
Andrea
Feb 15, 2008 Andrea rated it it was amazing
A grace-filled and realistic look at being a mom. Very well written, chalked full of heart-warming anecdotes, and right-on biblically. For example, she reflects on how God's Spirit led her to raise her children with loving relationships, plenty of time, godly examples, and just plain fun, and how that approach goes against the grain of legalistic authoritarianism. Bottome line: be led by the Spirit of God and you will raise godly children and have fun doing it.
Carissa Norris
Apr 20, 2013 Carissa Norris rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy reading Sally. She uplifts mothers instead of burdening her readers with a to-do list or guilt. This book is good for mothers wanting a frame and direction for their roles as mothers. I liked it, but I did find the concepts to be ones I already agreed with and so the book wasn't as compelling to me. That doesn't mean it wasn't good, just that as someone who has read Sally before, it was more basic than some of her other books.
Rebecca
Jan 13, 2009 Rebecca rated it really liked it
I read this book as a study with a few other moms, and it was really nice to get feedback from mothers at different stages, from toddlers to teenagers. Sally Clarkson has a genuine and honest quality in her writing, she has a lot of experience and it shines through each chapter. I learned a lot and would recommend this book to any mom who is looking for a relatable or supportive book!
Rachelle
Mar 12, 2010 Rachelle rated it really liked it
I kind of feel that Sally Clarkson is an author I have been looking for my whole life. Okay... just my life since I've become a mom. She writes about the spiritual journey of motherhood. Her words broaden my perspective and I think that is something every Mom needs to do once in awhile.
Jenny Carr
Apr 16, 2014 Jenny Carr rated it really liked it
Loved this book. It took me a few months to read, as I just dipped into chapters when I needed encouragement. it did just that, gave me encouragement, and encouraged me to dip into God's word more. Thoroughly recommended. I like the fact that Sally is down to earth, and honest about her struggles.
Camie
Apr 03, 2016 Camie rated it it was amazing
I wish I had this book when my kids were younger. It was such an encouragement to this weary mom of teenagers.
Caroline
Jun 02, 2011 Caroline marked it as to-read
review Making sure our hearts are in tune, focused, and in line with the purpose of God. Encouragement for the weary mother.
Mary
Jan 10, 2013 Mary rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully encouraging and challenging. Definitely need to re-read this one. Sally's advice is always biblical, timely and uplifting.
Cindy
Feb 14, 2010 Cindy rated it it was ok
I got a lot from this book but compared to other parenting books I've read, it's not on the top of the list.
Jen Steed
Jan 05, 2015 Jen Steed rated it liked it
This was not my favorite Sally Clarkson book. The stories about her family's achievements and hard times were the most interesting part. I just couldn't get into this one.
SuzanneG
Jul 01, 2009 SuzanneG rated it really liked it
This is a great book, and I keep checking it out from the library. Good, helpful prayers in there....perfect for the less-than-perfect days. :)
Cheryl
Aug 07, 2011 Cheryl rated it really liked it
Mother hood is a role that is ordained by God, and i need His strength to do it well.
Deb Giles
Deb Giles rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2016
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2011
Kara Ayres
Kara Ayres rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2016
Shelly Watkins
Shelly Watkins rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2012
Sally Clarkson
Sally Clarkson rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2015
Aimeeshirk
Aimeeshirk rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2011
We love
We love rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2013
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2011
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2011
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2013
Monica
Monica rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2014
Sheila
Sheila rated it liked it
May 13, 2012
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2010
Mandi
Mandi rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2010
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Heartfelt Discipline: The Gentle Art of Training and Guiding Your Child
  • Instructing a Child's Heart
  • Grace-Based Parenting
  • Sacred Parenting: How Raising Children Shapes Our Souls
  • Laying Down the Rails
  • A Mother's Heart: A Look at Values, Vision, and Character for the Christian Mother
  • Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit
  • Caught Up in a Story: Fostering a Storyformed Life of Great Books & Imagination with Your Children
  • Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe
  • Be the Mom
  • Hints on Child Training: A Book That's Been Helping Parents Like Your...for More Than 100 Years
  • Praying the Scriptures for Your Children: Discover How to Pray God's Will for Their Lives
  • The Shaping of a Christian Family
  • Family Driven Faith: Doing What It Takes to Raise Sons and Daughters Who Walk with God
  • One Million Arrows: Raising Your Children to Change the World
  • Loving the Little Years: Motherhood in the Trenches
  • Six Ways to Keep the "Little" in Your Girl: Guiding Your Daughter from Her Tweens to Her Teens
  • For the Children's Sake
Sally Clarkson is the mother of four grown children who walk with God. She is the author of many books, including Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe and The Mission of Motherhood. She is the heart of her personal blog ITakeJoy.com, a popular speaker, and the director of Mom Heart Ministry, an initiative to inspire, encourage, and restore moms’ hearts to God’s heart for motherhood.
More about Sally Clarkson...