Start by marking “The Moses Legacy” as Want to Read:
The Moses Legacy

The Moses Legacy (Daniel Klein #1)

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  226 ratings  ·  45 reviews
When fragments of Stone with ancient writings are found in Sinai, the Egyptians call in expert Daniel Klein. But when Daniel’s decipherment of the ancient text threatens to reveal the origins of the Bible, others are determined to prevent the truth from seeing the light of day.

Framed for murder, Daniel and the beautiful Viennese archaeologist he is working with, find thems
Published 2011 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about The Moses Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Moses Legacy

The Da Vinci Code by Dan BrownAngels & Demons by Dan BrownThe Lost Symbol by Dan BrownTimeline by Michael CrichtonThe Templar Legacy by Steve Berry
Treasure Hunter Thrillers
121st out of 253 books — 547 voters
Exodus by Leon UrisThe Exodus Quest by Will AdamsThe Lost Ark of the Covenant by Tudor ParfittExodus by J.F. PennThe Sign and the Seal by Graham Hancock
Exodus Related
10th out of 13 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Bookworm
This is a really fast-paced action thriller of the type it is best not to read last thing at night, for the simple reason that it is very hard to put down - so, if you're planning on getting any sleep, it's best to read it over the weekend, when you can feel free to sit up and read it into the wee hours of the morning, until you finish it (and be warned,the tension and twists last right up to the end).

"The Moses Legacy" is the kind of book that transfers very well to the big screen (I've already
Jennings Wright
I love treasure hunt action adventure, and this had a lot of elements I liked. I certainly enjoyed the history aspects, and was carried along by them. The story involves two converging plots - an antisemitic group trying to carry off a terrorist attack/genocide, and a couple of academics following clues to old proto-Semitic parchments. They end up being chased by an assassin for the bad guys named Goliath, who leaves a lot of dead bodies in his wake.

Some of the characters are inconsistent, which
Dani (Pen to Paper)
Conspiracy thrillers are not a genre that I have read much of in the past, and so this was a nice change of pace for me. Daniel Klein was an absolutely fantastic protagonist - I found him instantly likeable, and I found that I got to know his character really easily and quickly - and there was definitely something attractive about his character too, which is always a bonus!
The other characters in the novel were also absolutely fantastic. It's obvious that a lot of time was taken to develop the c
David
The Moses legacy is a conspiracy thriller of the "ancient meets modern" genre. The story begins when an archaeological dig led by tall, statuesque, Austrian blonde Gabrielle Gusack, finds fragments of stone bearing writing in an ancient script known as "proto-Sinaitic." Excited by the discovery, Gabrielle persuades Egyptian antiquities supremo Akil Mansoor - who bears more than a passing resemblance to Zahi Hawass - to let her call in the aid of Daniel Klein.

Daniel is an expert on Semitic langua
Tara Calaby
Jun 05, 2011 Tara Calaby rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Dan Brown
'Maybe this could be our Rosetta Stone.'

Ancient languages expert Daniel Klein is called in to help when his old acquaintance, archaeologist Gabrielle Gusack, discovers a collection of stone fragments, covered in Proto-Sinaitic script, on an Egyptian dig. A routine academic expedition, however, soon turns into a treacherous physical and intellectual journey encompassing several countries and thousands of years, with a dangerous assassin close on Daniel and Gaby's trail.

The Moses Legacy is a histo
Sam
Won this through the Goodreads Giveaways.

A fast paced conspiracy thriller with a huge dash of historical fiction thrown in for good measure, this was a thoroughly good read that keeps you guessing right until the very end. Palmer has taken his historical knowledge added a bit of conjecture and theory and chucked in plenty of action, mystery and adventure in a surprisingly believable mix. The story is well written and gives just enough detail for the reader to follow what's happening without over
Daystar Daystar
Adam Palmer has clearly researched his subject and combines biblical stories and actual history into an action packed well written thriller. AP delivers snappy dialogue and good characterisation, which for me is of prime importance. At times I found myself putting the book down to enable me to go online to discover more about certain aspects of the story.

I would certainly consider reading other books by the author and would recommend this one as a very good read.
Sheridan
It was only on page 200 that I didn't resent reading this book. Far too much depth gone into about Egyptian and Theological history in a most boring way! I'm sure that if you are into that, it would' ve been riveting, but as a general reader, oh, I was bored. And lost. Was okay in the end, but a pretty weak and ludicrous plot really, I'd say (sorry author!)
Bernard
It is so long ago that I can't remember the date I finished reading this book. I can only add that it was a really spledid read - exiting from beginning to end. I can only hope that a sequel is to be published soon; and if not a sequel I am looking forward to another tale - whatever the subject - from this ingenious author.
Foxtrot
Utterly brilliant! The pace is fast, descriptive to the point that you think you are there. Characters are vibrant and imaginative and the facts and detail amazing. One of those books that you cant wait put down, but dread finishing as you wont have it to read amymore. Cannot begin to state just how readable this is!
Margaret Rymer
Enjoyed reading this book a thriller, a conspiracy and one that kept me turning the pages full of history colour danger and excitement well worth reading, I am not a fan of thrillers but this was more and kept me riveted it was hard to put down.
David
The American Kindle edition available at last!

Excellent thriller combing history and a modern conspiracy. Ideal for Dan Brown fans suffering from withdrawal symptoms!
Danie Cutter
May 02, 2011 Danie Cutter marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads
This was received through First reads, review will be posted shortly.

--------
Betty
A conspiracy thriller of the "ancient meets modern" genre. The story begins when an archaeological dig led by tall, statuesque, Austrian blonde Gabrielle Gusack, finds fragments of stone bearing writing in an ancient script known as "proto-Sinaitic." Excited by the discovery, Gabrielle persuades Egyptian antiquities supremo Akil Mansoor - who bears more than a passing resemblance to Zahi Hawass - to let her call in the aid of Daniel Klein.

Daniel is an expert on Semitic languages, but more import
Carla
A few stone fragments found in Sinai are the reason why Daniel Klein, expert in ancient languages, gets involved in what may be a major discovery. But strange thing happen. Daniel's mentor is murdered a few hours after his visit. A strange disease spreads at the excavation site. And a few members of the organization known as the New covenant are willing to kill to get the information they want.
One of the most interesting aspects of this book turned out the be the imperfection of its characters.
Aurelie
I'm glad I got the opportunity to read this book because it was a very good read. I knew I would like it, as an art history enthusiast, and because I liked Dan Brown's books (yes, you can't deny they're entertaining!) ; I was not disappointed.
The story focuses on Daniel Klein, an expert in ancient languages and Gabrielle Gusack, a young archaeologist specialized in Egyptology, after fragments of Stone with ancient writings are discovered. But when Daniel and Gabrielle decipher it, a mysterious
Annette Gisby
I admit it, I have a very soft spot for religious/conspiracy type thrillers ever since I read the Da Vinci code by Dan Brown. It's a standing joke in our house that I only read books with red crosses on the front, those referring to the Templars.

Despite having no Templars or secrets or codes about them. The Moses Legacy is still just as interesting and intriguing. The pace of the story is lightning-fast with barely a breather before the characters are onto the next discovery or next place puttin
Sascha
As an enthusiast about Egyptology and Judaism, I really enjoyed this book with its controversial and elaborate theories. The only things that brought it down for me were: 1) a bugbear about most books like this with heavy theory is that a character who should really know better has to ask the most ridiculous questions. 2) The ending was a bit 'meh', to be honest; (view spoiler) ...more
Anne Harvey
A formulaic 'quest for a religious artefact' thriller that takes the two protagonists on a whirlwind tour of Middle East countries, seemingly without eating, sleeping or a change of clothes. At least that's what it seemed like to me. I felt cheated at the end when one of the goodies turned out to be a baddie, hence only the three stars. There's been a rash of these kind of books since The Da Vinci Code. Dan Brown has a lot to answer for.
Adam

Really good and interesting thriller, the sort of thing fans of The Da Vinci Code will love. Being fascinated with Ancient Egypt since I was little, I loved the way it tied in the biblical stories with ancient history, which was well researched and taught me a lot that I didn't know before! The only thing that let it down a little was the ending which seemed a tiny bit rushed to me, but other than that it was really good, and I'd definitely recommed it. Although I warn you, if you need to be up
Ashish Jaituni
The Moses Legacy is a historical/religious conspiracy thriller in the vein of Dan Brown's popular bestsellers. Adam Palmer is a good storyteller and a suspense-weaver, rather than a writer of high literature, but this does not detract from the reader's overall enjoyment of the novel. Indeed, Palmer reveals a solid grasp of the technical skills necessary for his chosen genre.

I think Palmer delivered exactly what I was expecting from The Moses Legacy. It was a fun read with an interesting mystery
Jenna
Fun and fast paced that will appeal to lovers of adventure and ancient history. Some "mysteries" seemed too easily uncovered and then too quickly deciphered, the ending felt rushed with a few details forced, and there were a considerable amount of typos (warm instead of warn; ? instead of !, he instead of she, etc - this was my first ebook and those sloppy errors may account for the $2.99 price tag). The characters were well developed and the overall plot was very entertaining and because it was ...more
Melissa Lorenzo
I liked the history and the plot line. I liked the character development and the twists that were unexpected. I didn't like the questions left ... it seemed as though the author saw that the story needed to end and the epilogue was kind of a throwaway that didn't answer any of the questions. I also was on board to really liking this book until there seemed to be an insertion of American political ideology in the motivation of the New Covenant and a characterization of the Christian right that is ...more
Mike Dishmon
Fully enjoyed this. This is the type of story that is right up my alley. Ancient artifact, conspiracy, action/adventure. I read this in just a few short days, and enjoyed it. Without spoilers I would suggest that the characters in this tale may show up later on, as I found myself fully enjoying them and their interaction. The author does a great job of dropping in the historical factoids as well, which always makes this type of story even more enjoyable.
Chichi
This book had so much potential. it started good, continued better and the climax...the climax sucked. The twist was too improbable to be enjoyed.
The history thrown in were obvious to decipher from the 'Translations'. I didn't have that "Oh!" moment. Was more like a "Duh -_-". Or maybe I just know too much.
The few pages at the end seemed rushed. Just highly disappointed I had to give this a 3 star.
Amy Sherrah
I thought this book had a great storyline with excitement and mystery. I think that it was quite well written with the addition of some real facts. I had a great time reading this book and couldn't put it down :)
Kathy
Pretty good action-adventure story. Archaeologists/Egyptologists unearth pieces of a broken clay tablet with ancient writing on them. As they work to decipher the ancient writing on the shards they are lead to papyrus with the same undeciphered writing on them. A clandestine anti-semitic group are trying to stop this and the Mossad gets involved too.

Mel Gapper
Not as good as expected. A 2 day read and not as expansive in its theories as it could have been. Was told how shocking the revelation of the secret would be in the beginning of the book, but found it not so. Was expecting to have my belief of Christianity doctrine to be questioned but not with this one!
Simon Haigh
I picked up this book thinking it was something similar to Scott Mariani or Steve Berry. It started well but soon became quite complicated with its historical facts. I started to skip bits and although I got through it, it is not a book I would recommend.
  • The Lazarus Vault
  • The Dead Sea Deception (Leo Tillman & Heather Kennedy, #1)
  • The Secret Chapel (God's Lions, #1)
  • Pyramid
  • The Devil Will Come: A Thriller
  • The Voynich Cypher
  • The Second Messiah
  • The Book of Q: A Novel
  • On the Fifth Day
  • The 13th Apostle
  • Slow Burn
  • The Pharos Objective (Morpheus Initiative, #1)
  • The Medusa Amulet
  • Float (The Chronicles of D.E.A.D. High, #1)
  • The Sacred Cipher (The Jerusalem Prophecies, #1)
  • Cross Current (Seychelle Sullivan, #2)
  • The Pegasus Secret
  • The Empire of Night: A Christopher Marlowe Cobb Thriller  (Christopher Marlowe Cobb Thriller, #3)

Daniel Klein (2 books)
  • The Boudicca Parchments
Cracking DaVinci's Code, Student Edition The Boudicca Parchments Knuckle Sandwich: Sometimes Rock 'n' Roll Hits Back Mooch: Get the money. Get the girl. Get it all for free. The High School Survival Guide: Making the Most of the Best Time of Your Life (So Far)