Start by marking “Imperfect” as Want to Read:
Imperfect

Imperfect

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  186 Ratings  ·  55 Reviews
They say the brightest lights cast the longest shadows. Zach thinks Logan’s been living in that shadow long enough, but can he convince him he deserves to stand in the light?

Detectives Zach Gibson and Logan Armstrong are partners, friends, and something more that they’ve never analysed or put a name to. But it works for them. For now.

When Zach’s grandfather asks them to in
Published April 11th 2011 by Total-E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about Imperfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Imperfect

Karen
Mar 14, 2016 Karen rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-mm
I've looked at this book a few times and finally decided to cave because I have a general rule of thumb that I can look at a book 3 times and then I either have to buy it or pass forever and move on. So this being look number 3+ I decided I needed to follow the rule and I bought it.

I'm not 100% convinced that making it a pass and move on would have been the best idea because I honestly saw some strong potential in this story line but a few things really missed the mark for me. The first being th
Justin
Oct 15, 2013 Justin rated it really liked it
Solid 4 star read for me!

This is another Cassidy Ryan winner for me. I really enjoy her no-nonsense writing and everyday good guy MCs.

Detectives Logan and Zach are partners at work and lovers at home. A new case opens a can of worms and sparks fly, both good and bad.

This book is short and sweet. It has a decent story and smoldering sex scenes. You won't find anything earth shattering here but you will find a very enjoyable romance between two hot detectives. What have you got to lose? Give it a
Heather C
I really, really liked this story of Zach and Logan who are partners, friends, and lovers. Since they were already lovers when the story began, it didn't have as much sexual tension as I usually prefer. But that is okay because the story between them is super sweet. It even has a little mystery, too, although that is a bit predictable.

Overall, its an enjoyable, short read and I recommend it to anyone who wants a quick, low-angsty story.
Ami
Apr 12, 2011 Ami rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories
Detectives Zach Gibson and Logan Armstrong are partners and something a little bit more, even if they never put a name on it or say the three little words. Zach does worry, though, because Logan seems to be a little reckless and likes to endanger his own life, without remembering how much he means to Zach. Until a case that first starts with a little investigation of a missing ring brings out a secret that Logan has kept for a decade

This story is written from 3rd person perspective with Zach as
Heller
Mar 29, 2013 Heller rated it really liked it
Two cops who you think don't get along but boy, do they. ;)

I liked Zach and Logan quite a bit and really enjoyed their relationship. The story was a bit of a throwaway and my only quibble would be with Logan's family and how that played out especially with his brother. Still, a sweet story that I found very rich for something so short.

If you like to read about cops this is a little gem.
Gigi
This was a re-read after first reading it a year ago. I loved it even better the second time! A perfect story of police detective partners who are also lovers that realize their deep love for one another during a particularly trying case. Very emotional and passionate. Wish it could have been longer! A personal favorite and a must read for all M/M romance fans.
Vio
Apr 21, 2011 Vio rated it really liked it
Good cops who appealed to me very much, I enjoyed the teasing and there is a definite love for Zach and Logan. Loved most dearly, a real favourite of mine and a love match which I wished could have continued on for much longer.

Alona
Sep 20, 2014 Alona rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, short
A very sweet short.
It was nicely written with lovely characters.
It could have easily be more than 3 stars if it was longer and had more development for the MC's.
I enjoyed it!
Arthur
Mar 08, 2012 Arthur rated it it was amazing
A romantic, steamy, and sometimes funny buddy cop story. The story starts with a bang, Zach complaining to their boss about Logan. They are partners in job, and sometimes Logan drove Zach crazy. At home, they're also partners, although with a less defined relationship.

The characters are very likable. They're men, they're cops, and they tease each other. While they're already a 'couple,' in this book we see the relationship evolves. The plot is nice. A case started with a dead person wedding rin
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
This was a sweet idea but there was no substance, no suspense, no real mystery, no time for me to get to know the characters enough to know how I should react. There were all kinds of standard romance tropes: fear for someone's safety masked as anger, difficulty saying "I love you," etc. but nothing had context to make it mean anything. The solution to the mystery and a social issue were just too pat. I think this author has potential but this just didn't hit the mark.
Feliz
Mar 30, 2013 Feliz rated it really liked it
3.75

Nice and sweet.The main characters are a likeable couple of policemen who happen to be gay; apparently, they neither advertise nor hide their private connection, it just IS, and their environment doesn't care much. Pleasantly angst-free constellation, and nice if somewhat TMI sex scenes. The conflict comes from another source and is a bit too easily solved.

All in all, an enjoyable, fast read. Recommended.
Lucy
Jul 18, 2011 Lucy rated it really liked it
Zach and Logan are partners on the police force, and have been so for over two years. They are friends and lovers, as well. Logan tends to take huge chances and it makes Zach crazy. When Zach's grandfathers friend dies, and a ring he was supposedly buried in turns up in a local pawn shop, gramps asks the two to investigate.

As they begin the investigation, Logan is clearly keeping secrets from Zach, and they might be big ones. He tends to push Zach away, or withdraw completely and not talk. When
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Oct 29, 2013 Barb ~rede-2-read~ rated it liked it
Recommended to Barb ~rede-2-read~ by: Seiran
This was a nice story about two police partners, Logan and Zach, who are also lovers and ultimately become more. I liked the story but there were many areas that felt a little flat to me. It's hard to say why I didn't like it more, but if I had to pinpoint anything I'd say that I didn't find it believable, and the MCs just didn't capture my attention.
Janna
Jun 27, 2011 Janna rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, favorites
This has amazingly well-written, three-dimensional characters for such a short story. It almost felt as a novel, thanks to an interesting plot with a punch and the engaging heroes. I truly enjoyed reading this emotional, heart-warming - and let's not forget scorching hot - love story! Recommended when you like hot gay alpha heroes. 4.5 stars.
Ana_P
Cute and enjoyable with a little side of angst and actually made me laugh out loud a few times. Like many novellas, I just wish this was a little longer, fleshed out a little better, and I felt that the problems raised were resolved too abruptly. Nonetheless, I certainly don't regret reading it.
Jo
Apr 15, 2016 Jo rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jo by: Justin
This was a great cute story. Action, hot snarky cops and smoldering sex. Really don't need more than that sometimes. Right amount of testosterone to overcome the Mary Calmes binge I was just gorged myself through. Thanks for the balance J.

Trisha Harrington
Such a great book and only 65 pages. I did want it to be longer, but I'm still happy with it. Really, really great book.
Susan65
Mar 31, 2013 Susan65 rated it really liked it
Short but sweet, with a touch of mystery and angst. Both Zach and Logan are adorable.
Anna
Aww, this was so sweet ! I reaaaally hope there's going to be a sequel though !
Lasha
Apr 29, 2011 Lasha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: darkdivasreviews
When I picked this book, I was expecting a cute story from Cassidy Ryan. But what I got was something different – don’t let the blurb fool you. Imperfect packs a solid little punch in 58 pages, so much so that by the end I was hoping this novella would have a sequel.

Zach and Logan are realistically drawn police officers who love their job and each other. As they struggle to define their relationship, old secrets come back to haunt Logan, and Zach must be there for his friend and lover to support
Snowtulip
Feb 28, 2012 Snowtulip rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, own
3.5

How absolutely lovable is Logan? I really like Cassidy Ryan's writing style and found myself in a similar situation as when I read Pain Management, the story whetted my appetite and I wanted more from the book. I loved the dynamics between Zach and Logan, Zach's family (too cute)...you did get a lot of character for the size of this book. Very enjoyable read, just need novel size!
Lady*M
Solidly written novella with nice characters and hot interaction between the guys in an established relationship. The setting was clearly American, however the author tends to use the irregular forms of some verbs that are mainly British. The editor should have picked that up. The story is, for my taste, too neatly finished, but that is just me. There was potential there for a longer story. Hopefully, the author will give us a sequel.
Karen K
I really loved this story - my only complaint is how short it was, though for its length it was definitely well-written and well-rounded in defining the characters and the relationship. Great storyline and descriptive emotions, this book tugged at my hear more than a few times. I'd love to read more about Logan and Zach.
Chris
Nov 23, 2011 Chris rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, gay, done, 2011, ebook
2.5 stars. Ok m/m romance about two cops who are partners at work and bed partners off duty. But one is prickly and erratic and just might explode... This had a lot of potential; however, the book wasn't long enough for that potential to be realized, so it ended up feeling abrupt and not exactly believable.
Mandapanda
Apr 12, 2011 Mandapanda rated it liked it
Shelves: other-romance
3.5 stars. Enjoyable light read. Predictable plot but the author has a nice writing style that appeals to me. Beautiful cover too!
Edina Rose
Sep 30, 2011 Edina Rose rated it really liked it
Sweet mystery romance.
CAS
Dec 19, 2011 CAS rated it really liked it
With all the power and focus of a sprinter coming out of the starting blocks, this intriguing little whodunit hits the ground running right from the start. Bursting through his boss's door Zach Gibson declares, "I want a new partner. I can't work with this lunatic a second longer." The lunatic being Logan Armstrong taking unnecessary risks on the job. Again. With a bit of smooth talk and claiming to be "irresistibly pretty" Logan charms his way off of Zach's shit list. This is Logan's MO for avo ...more
melek
Logan and Zach have been in a relationship for a few years they are partner as cops as well. But they cant be a name to there relationship they don't know how to say 3 little words but they show each other. These a bit of drama with logans family. No drama with zacks, Despite things happen these guys make things works. These also a little investigating going on with 2 cases.
TracyGee
Aug 12, 2014 TracyGee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
I loved this short story...

Zach and Logan make the perfect partners, as cops and as lovers....

A new day a new case, just a normal day for these two cops you would think... but no... the new case opens a big can of worms and old hurts are brought back to the present.

What a well written short story with an explosive plot.
Suze
Dec 01, 2015 Suze rated it liked it
A great short story that feels a bit like you've lost the first 10 chapters, or its mid series (its not, I checked!).
In a fairly short novel, we get a lot of background on Zach and Logan, resolution on some issues and the growth in their relationship - would love to have had this as a full length story, would be great.
Because we start bang in the middle of things, we get the character info as thoughts or recollections, so allowing greater info to be inparted. A great little read that I wish had
  • Inland Empire (Taking the Odds, #2)
  • Out of the Shadows
  • Mobsters and Miracles
  • Gambling On Maybe (GlitterBomb! #1)
  • Between Friends
  • Unspeakable Words (The Sixth Sense #1)
  • Undercover Sins (Secret Sins #1)
  • Witness
  • Dirty Pirate
  • Out-Foxed (Skyler Foxe Mystery, #3)
  • Riding with Heaven
  • Like the Taste of Summer
  • Seb's Surrender (Bodyguards in Love, #2)
  • Continental Divide (Separate Ways, #1)
  • Like Pizza and Beer (Dino Martini Mysteries, #2)
  • Bring The Heat
  • Got Your Six
  • Icecapade
Cassidy Ryan lives and works in the West of Scotland, with Angel, the not-very-angelic kitty.

When she isn't writing, Cassidy enjoys football, shopping for the perfect handbag, main-lining coffee and watching TV.
More about Cassidy Ryan...