Start by marking “Abish Mother of Faith” as Want to Read:
Abish Mother of Faith

Abish Mother of Faith

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Kindle Edition
Published (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Abish Mother of Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abish Mother of Faith

Heather
This book is a continuation of KC Grant's "Abish: Daughter of God." Abish's journey continues as the Lamanites turn on each other as religious unrest grows throughout the land of Ishmael. She and her young children flee to Zarahemla with the other Nephites, but the challenges aren't over. Years of war takes its toll and even the most faithful are put to the ultimate test.
Gina Denny
DNF.

I pushed through to page fifty. Each chapter averages about five pages, but within those five pages they average five scene breaks. It makes for a very choppy read. As a result, I had a hard time connecting with the character, which is a shame, because Abish is a fascinating historical figure and I really wanted to love this.
H.B. Moore
Kasondra
I loved this story given through an intimate point of view. However I hate how I'm many places years were skipped over. Especially felt the end was rushed.
Carolyn
While I love the first book due to the knowledge we do actualy have about Abish, this second one is not entirely backed by anything in the Book of Mormon. The creative license here in the second book would be even more wonderful if we knew what had actually happened to Abish after the events in King Lamoni's court.
But to link her with the mothers of the 2000 stripling warriors of the people of Ammon does sound plausible.
I did enjoy this second one though and I do recommend it of you love good fi
Vernon Ray
Leave it to K.C. Grant to pull a bonus novel out of a character from one passage of scripture, just by doing a little math. It does follow that Abish, had she been the age as in the first book, would have been one of the mothers who taught the Stripling Warriors to have faith.

Not as cohesive as the first one, this one covers a lot of ground, and a lot of time. It's more like a bunch of books bound together.
Rachel
This made for a very nice Sunday read as I was at home sick all day:) Grant writes a second book about the Book of Mormon character Abish by imagining her life after the account in the scriptures ends. The emphasis is on the character, rather the plot or the time period, but I found it to be a good read with nice tie-ins to scriptures.
Lois
I enjoyed the first book Grant wrote about Abish and I enjoyed this one too. It really does make one think about what it might have been like in those times. It could have happened the way this author portrays it. It makes the Book of Mormon come a live.
Nephi Jenks
Rated PG.
This is definitely a woman's book, with many themes that a woman will relate to. I on the other hand was looking for a little more action. I wish I could have listened to the first book, but it was not in audio book form
Hannah
Another great book. I liked it. Sometimes I wanted to scream at the characters. Overall it was great. I wish she would do another one. Sometimes the book seemed a bit rushed like she skipped to much time. But I loved it. :D
Apzmarshl
A long story for a person mentioned one time in scripture. However it helped make sense of the battles that were raging at the time. Finally culminating in a very small part about the stripling warriors.
Momruns5
Listened to it. I don't know if I was just in a distracted time frame while listening to this or it was the books fault. It was interesting to think of the people of those days though.
Tenille
Great sequel to Abish Daughter of God. In this one she must rely on her faith to get her through some really tough times! Sometimes it wavered... but just for a moment!
Susan
Enduring the ravishes of war and losing her beloved Jared because of hatred, and then raising her children alone because of it--Abish a remarkable woman.
Kami
Great story but I felt the author rushed a bit too much. I loved the characters though and hope the author will continue to write more for me to check out. :)
Inspired Kathy
Author Interview & Book Giveaway ends 11/28/11
Interesting but somewhat melancholy. The stripling warrior thing was a very minor part of the book, still I did enjoy it.
Cheri
A nice story on what Abish's life might have been like being a part of the Anti-Nephi-Lehies.
Peggy
I kept listening cause it was the only book left on my iphone, not because I loved it.
Kandi
Loved the extension to Abish's life, trials, patience, and great faith.
Ines
Not as good as the first book. A little too long-winded for me.
K.C.
Apr 29, 2011 K.C. rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
What a cool way to read one's own book! I like the convenience.
K.C.
Mar 07, 2011 K.C. rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I guess if you don't pat yourself on the back--who will!
Amber
Good & Interesting Read.
Squeaky Clean Rating: 5 Stars
Vicki
Wonderful follow-up yo Abish! I loved it!
Jodee Clark
Lovely story of triumph and faith.
Jamille Parks
Jamille Parks marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
  • Ammon (Book of Mormon, #4)
  • Be Still My Soul (A Banner is Unfurled, #2)
  • Daughter of Helaman (Stripling Warrior, #1)
  • Escape From Zarahemla
  • Night Song: A Story of Sacrifice (World War II Liberator #2)
  • The Enoch Letters
  • Eyes Like Mine
  • Troubled Waters (Hearts of the Children, #2)
  • Sir Rowan and the Camerian Conquest (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #6)
  • Blink of An Eye
  • Whisper Hollow
  • Christmas Rose
K.C. Grant loves to write! From bad poetry at the age of seven to not-too-much-later attempts at a novel where the main character was a talkative red-haired girl (yes, that wasn't very creative) she has loved to create stories. In her adult career, she has written for family oriented magazines like BackHome, Parents and Kids, The Washington Family and LDSLiving. She was so excited about the releas ...more
More about K.C. Grant...
Abish: Daughter of God: A Novel Venom Abish: Daughter of God A Christmas to Remember: A Collection of Heartwarming True Christmas Stories How Will Christmas Find Us