Start by marking “Expat Women: Confessions - 50 Answers to Your Real-Life Questions about Living Abroad” as Want to Read:

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  34 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Expat Women If you have ever wondered what it is like to live abroad, work abroad or accompany your working partner abroad, this book is for you. If you are already living the expat life but have mixed emotions about settling in, rebuilding your identity, relationship changes, successfully managing your money and career, raising children far from home or repatriating, this ...more
Published May 5th 2011 by Expat Women

To ask other readers questions about Expat Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Expat Women

Gillian
Feb 14, 2013 Gillian rated it it was amazing
On my blog and in my App I choose to focus on the bright side of life in Rome as an expat. That said, expatriate life is not always a prosecco in palazzos and weekday lunch outings. Living away from home, family, friends can be lonely and isolating no matter how glamorous the current post is.

Happy or struggling, new to game or seasoned old-timer, Expat Confessions: 50 answers to Your Real Life Questions about Living Abroad is an excellent read and useful resource.

I am a longtime fan of the web
Pauline
Mar 09, 2013 Pauline rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I received a free copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Expat Women: Confessions doesn't seek to be an in-depth guide to every expat location or issue, but instead is an excellent introduction to some of the emotional and practical hurdles you might face. I was impressed by the breadth of topics, including pitfalls I would never have considered, and there is a comprehensive resource section. The eventual return to your passport country, where your accent and appearance won't get you o
Stephanie
Aug 14, 2015 Stephanie rated it really liked it
I'm a frequent reader of the Expat Women website. When the founders of the site contacted bloggers to read and review their new book, Expat Women: Confessions -- 50 Answers to Your Real-Life Questions About Living Abroad, I was excited and couldn't wait to start reading.

The founder of Expat Women has been compiling letters and answers from the popular Confessions column on the website and has put the most common subjects and frequently returned to topics into one book for easy reference. What I
LindyLouMac
Oct 05, 2011 LindyLouMac rated it liked it
I am sure this book is a valuable resource of information for Ex Pat Women in general, just not for me. I do not really fit into any of the categories, except as an ‘Empty Nester’. Whilst it was not of use to me I still found it made for an interesting insight into the problems that others may face. Although I visit the Expat Women Website I am not familiar with the Confessions column which is I believe where the majority of the material in this book first appeared.
Moving to a new country althou
Kj
Mar 17, 2013 Kj rated it it was amazing
As an expat I found this book incredibly helpful and insightful. It deals with the real expat problems, some of which don't fit the image of an Expat Woman. Highly recommended for prospective, new and seasoned expats (and not just the women).
Elizabeth
Jul 03, 2012 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Fun for expats to read and see themselves.
Beth Chenoweth
Beth Chenoweth marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Donna Cunningham
Donna Cunningham rated it it was ok
May 30, 2016
Lexswanson
Lexswanson marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Minna
Minna marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Michelle Lopez
Michelle Lopez marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Sylwia Roukens
Sylwia Roukens marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Kristi
Kristi marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Azniv
Azniv marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Laura rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2016
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2015
Peggy
Peggy marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Felicia Kellogg
Felicia Kellogg rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2015
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Clarissa
Clarissa marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Cathy Montes
Cathy Montes rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2015
Penny Jackson
Penny Jackson marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Mandy
Mandy marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015