Start by marking “Where Angels Go (Angels Everywhere, #6)” as Want to Read:
Where Angels Go (Angels Everywhere, #6)

Where Angels Go (Angels Everywhere #6)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  2,355 ratings  ·  201 reviews
Christmas is a time for angel.

Shirley, Goodness and Mercy are back! These three irresistible angels love their assignments on Earth. They especially love helping people who send prayer requests to Heaven (even though the Archangel Gabriel, their boss, knows they're going to break his rules)!

This Christmas, Mercy is assigned to bring peace of mind to an elderly man&#151
Published October 1st 2007 by Mira (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Where Angels Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Angels Go

Linda  Van Wert
This book was on the best sellers list so I just download it. It is a series of stories about three different famailies needing the intervention from three angels from Heaven above, Shirley, Goodness and Mercy. These three angels love helping people who send prayer requests to Heaven and go wherever they are needed on Earth. The three angels sometimes find themselves in trouble but eveyrthing works out for the best, especially at Christmas time. Read and Enjoy-I read it in one day.
This series is an adorable pick-me-up. The whole time I was reading this installment, I was thinking, "Fours stars!" Until I got to the last chapter... I was disappointed and won't get into reasons why as they are spoilers. But in a nutshell, the outcomes for 2/3 of the prayer requests totally blow and would make for the worst Christmases for the characters.
I really enjoyed this story. It captured the true spirit of love, family, and Christmas.

The story of Carter's desire for a dog, despite his parents' refusal, was one that reminds us that kids may surprise you (grow up so quickly and can be responsible) when they want something that they feel is important.

The story of Beth and her WOW online partner was an enjoyable story of forgiveness and personal relationship growth. Much like today's technological world, many people get to know one another's
Jul 30, 2008 Melissa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Evreyone
This book has a couple of interesting story plots..
One is about a older gentleman trying to make sure his wife is happy before he passes away.
The other story is about a lady who meets a gentleman on the internet, in a game room, and he lives in her hometown!
I really enjoy all of Debbie Macombers books!

I very much enjoyed this book. It was a very easy read and I could've finished in a couple of hours of straight reading. I loved the idyllic story line and the fact that I felt good after finishing this book.

Basically, three angels are sent to Earth a week before Christmas to answer the prayers of three people. Harry is an elderly man who is dying and needs to know his wife will be taken care of, Beth is a divorcee' who regrets how her first marriage ended and is afraid to take a chance at find
I love Christmas books, and must have been feeling the need to read one when I saw this at the library. The story follows 3 angels who are on different missions to get done before Christmas. It was cute, and I almost cried at the end. Being an angel isn't as easy as people think it is.
Cute, sweet, quick, entertaining holiday read. 3 different stories that remind us what Christmas (and life) are really about, wrapped around lovable characters.
A delightful Christmas read. Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy return to earth again to help out a few humans. Funny, charming, and a litte bittersweet.
Maybe it's because I've become burned out on Christmas themed books, but I wasn't very impressed with this book. I haven't read any of the other "Angels Everywhere" books, so perhaps some of the info will be obvious to those who have read the others. The book follows 3 angels as they attempt to answer the prayers of 3 different people. I liked how the story rotated between each of the stories, but I have to say I only really cared about what happened to two of them. Having a story about a charac ...more
Margie wall
Sep 27, 2009 Margie wall rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: any one who believes in angels
About these three angels that come to earth to help people before christmas and they sure can get into trouble

In this new offering with Debbie's Christmas Angels Shirley, Goodness and Mercy, we find the three mischievous trio with new assignments and ready to have some fun and cause Gabriel some headaches, promising to have their assignments completed by Christmas Eve..

This Christmas, Mercy's assignment is to help Harry Alderwood, an elderly man with not much time before he dies and he wants to leave with some peace of mind that his dear wife Rosalie will be cared for when he's gone. Rosalie is a very
Jennifer Wardrip
This is another sweet Christmas read from Debbie Macomber.

The angels Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy are back! This time their earthly assignments lead them to Seattle and Leavenworth, Washington, to take on three very special cases.

There's Harry Alderwood, an ailing, ederly man who needs to convince his wife, Rosalie, to move into an assisted-living facility before his time on Earth is finished.

There's Beth Fischer, who ever since her divorce nearly ten years ago has given up on love, instead fin
Homewood Public Library
Many people pray for things they want or need. Especially when they are in trouble or during the Christmas holiday season. One year the angels were so busy helping people that the Archangel Gabriel decided to send Shirley, Goodness and Mercy to Earth to help with three requests. Previously these three angels had overstepped their bounds. This time they all want to be helpful to their assigned people without trying to make things happen as they want them. Carter wants a dog but his family cannot ...more
GENRE/PUB DATE/# OF PGS: Fiction/2007/296 pgs
SERIES/STAND ALONE: Holiday fiction featuring Shirley, Goodness and Mercy who have appeared in other books
TIME/PLACE: Present/Seattle
CHARACTERS: Henry/elderly man; Beth/single 29 yr-old; Carter/9-yr-old and the 3 guardian angels Shirley, Goodness & Mercy
FIRST LINES: The sights and sounds of Christmas were all around him. At home, the scent of evergreen mingled w/ ginger & spi
I had a hard time with the World of Warcraft aspect to this book because I am really not an advocate for that game but I was very touched by the story of Harry and Rosalie and the 3 mischievous angels were entertaining.
From Publisher's Weekly:
Archangel Gabriel and his three mischievous Prayer Ambassadors—Shirley, Goodness and Mercy—lend their celestial aid to three needy Christmas cases. Harry Alderwood, 86, prays that his increasingly forgetful wife, Rosalie, will agree to move into assisted li
I really loved this book -probably my favorite holday read of the season so far. The book actually follows three different stories. Each story has a "problem" that needs to be resolved and an prayer ambassador angel is assigned to the case. One of the stories involves an older couple in which the husband is near death and trying to convince his wife to move into assisted living, another story involves a little boy who wants a dog, but his family cannot afford one, and the the third involves a di ...more
I bought this book for my Kindle, as I love to read these kind of books around the Christmas holidays. This is one by one of my favorite authors, Debbie Macomber. Light, easy and fun, I really liked it. It revolves around 3 very different people in a small Washington town, near Christmas. One is an aging gentleman who knows he doesn't have long to live and wants his wife to be cared for and moved into a local retirement community (but she doesn't want to leave her home). Then there's a woman who ...more
A little less far-fetched than some of the angel books. I particularly liked the story of Harry, who was trying to get his wife to move into assisted living against a deadline. I mean, a Real Dead line. The story of Beth and Peter depends on an unlikely coincidence, but might have been Macomber's first foray into online romance.
Beth Pearson
This was a decent way to kick of the Christmas story season. 3 angels assigned to help 3 different people. My favorite was with the old guy trying to get his wife taken care of so he could die peacefully, I think. But, I also liked the other two and even teared up a bit. Nothing earth shattering, but decent entertainment.
Simple nice story. The Angels hear prayers and try to answer them without getting too involved. With this story I feel they accomplished that mission. Not much humor but all about people who care for each other. Interesting how Beth "solved" her issues with her ex and the computer game guy.
Athena Braun
Where Angels go was a very touching story. It was actually like 3 stories in one. One was about a divorced couple Peter & Beth who get reunited. The other two pulled at your heartstrings. All a little boy wants for Christmas is a dog but his family can't afford one. Will the Christmas angels give him his wish & the third(my favorite and why this book has a 4 rating) is about a elderly man named Harry Alderwood who knows he is dying. His wife Rosalie is very forgetful and for his peace of ...more
This was an enchanting Christmas book. It followed a typical pattern of introducing us to several different people with Christmas prayers, but then added another layer of holiday magic with the involvement of the prayer-answering angels. It was a sweet story that was in turn light-hearted and tear-jerking; a bit predictable, but enjoyable nonetheless.

I’m glad I stumbled across this one; I have read a lot of Ms. Macomber’s books but had somehow missed it when it first came out. I read it on the K
Three angels: Shirley, Goodness and Mercy are sent to earth to help people with their prayer requests. These three are a little more spirited than the 'Touched By An Angel' variety, which makes for an entertaining read.
I really enjoyed Where Angels Go and read it as part of my Christmas reading. Its characters were completely sympathetic, and the stories were sweet and warm. If you are a 'Bah! Humbug! kind of person at Christmas, Where Angels Go might not be the seasonal read for you. But, if you like a book that'll leave you in happy tears, then I recommend Where Angels Go to you.

Martha Treder
This is a nice holiday themed story and a very quick read. I enjoyed it very much. Angels Mercy, Goodness, and Shirley from some of Ms. Macomber's earlier books are back for another adventure. I have to say they did not get into as much mischief as the earlier stories about these three. I miss that and the religious referrals were right on the edge of being too much for me. Overall, the story is very heartwarming. The three angels' assignments are for an aging couple where the husband knows he d ...more
I always enjoy Christmas with Debbie Macomber. She's combined three "angel" stories in this book which are a pleasure to read and added to my Christmas spirit.
Judy Adams
I love the Angels, Shirley, Goodness and Mercy. They can be so funny yet so kind and loving. Great book for Christmas.
Very fun read! Only thing I had a problem with is one of the characters meeting someone on-line - trust issues :)
I love this book!!! It states the truth of how God works. He knows what's best for you and He will never let you down!
Wendy Norman
Mar 16, 2014 Wendy Norman marked it as to-read
If you have a copy your willing to part with I promise to give it a good home with lots of friends to keep it company
  • The Christmas Hope (Christmas Hope, #3)
  • Christmas with Tucker
  • The Christmas Clock
  • The Christmas Wish
  • A Christmas Star (Cape Light #9)
  • An Amish Gift: A Novel
  • All I Have to Give: A Christmas Love Story
  • White as Snow: A Christmas Story
  • The Snow Globe
  • Snow Angels
  • Mistletoe and Molly
  • Tidings of Comfort & Joy: A Tender Story of Love, Loss, and Reunion
  • A Season of Miracles
  • The Quiet Little Woman: Tilly's Christmas, Rosa's Tale : Three Enchanting Christmas Stories
  • The Christmas Tree

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...

Angels Everywhere (7 books)
  • A Season of Angels (Angels Everywhere, #1)
  • The Trouble with Angels (Angels Everywhere #2)
  • Touched by Angels (Angels Everywhere, #3)
  • Shirley, Goodness and Mercy (Angels Everywhere, #4)
  • Those Christmas Angels (Angels Everywhere, #5)
  • Angels at the Table (Angels Everywhere, #7)