Start by marking “Black Bird, Vol. 12 (Black Bird, #12)” as Want to Read:
Black Bird, Vol. 12 (Black Bird, #12)

Black Bird, Vol. 12 (Black Bird #12)

4.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,420 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Reads R to L (Japanese Style).

Sho’s manipulations have cast the demon world into chaos, and Kyo must leave the tengu village to help save the Kuzunoha clan from slaughter. But giving aid to one of his few remaining allies means he must leave Misao vulnerable to attack.
Kyo’s grandfather is able to cast a powerful shield over the tengu mansion, but while it keeps anyone from
Published January 3rd 2012 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Black Bird, Vol. 12, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Bird, Vol. 12

Miss
Mar 27, 2012 Miss rated it really liked it
I am so ashamed of my investment in this series. ;_; I can't even make people read it with me because when I try to sell it I'm like 'oh the romance starts off with the heroine being sexually harassed by this crow demon who is constantly making sure she's aware of how much power he has over her and at one point flies her into the air while she's screaming so she knows she's totally dependant on him to survive and eventually this translates to love? But don't worry! After the first nine volumes o ...more
MissAnnThrope
Feb 08, 2013 MissAnnThrope rated it really liked it
08 February 2013

Now, we're talking. Black Bird, Volume 12 finally steps it up and delivers a compelling, action-packed good time. I feel like I've waited over eight volumes for this story to happen, but it was well worth the wait. This might be my favorite volume of the series so far.

Sho is leaving a path of destruction and confusion behind him, but his insatiable appetite for chaos seems to have no end. (view spoiler)
Joti
May 31, 2012 Joti rated it it was amazing
Katie
Aug 14, 2015 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
see full review @ Katie's Corner

Well, this was one of the first mangas that I’ve read when I started getting into the manga world. There are about 7 other mangas a bit similar to this one, and I will definitely cover them soon. They are in the category mature and smut (erotica), but they are still the best.

But let’s get back on track. This manga has absolutely everything, starting with comedy and ending with tragedy, having a lot of supernatural doesn’t seem bad too. You just can’t not love the
Dec 20, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: type-manga
Another great addition to this series. The last volume ended with Sho plotting to take down the Daitengu (Kyo’s warriors). I have to say, even if Sho is evil, he makes this series so much more interesting. It really seems as if the focus has shifted away from Kyo and Misao and to the conflict Sho is creating. He targets three of Kyo’s Daitengu, trying to find the chink in Kyo’s armour. There’s more back story on Ayame and Sagami and vows they made to each other before they married. There’s also ...more
Judy (Geeky Reading)
Mar 18, 2012 Judy (Geeky Reading) rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
~3.5 or 4/5
This is such a... long series. It's seeming to be dragging out, and I'm not enjoying the volumes as much as I'd like to. On a good note, though, this one was a bit better than the last few have been.
Hoki got hurt in the last volume, and so has to stay and protect Misao while everyone else goes out to fight, since the village is under attack. There's a spell on the village that creates some kind of maze that doesn't let anyone into the village, and some children trying to find Misao ge
Zoe Tribley
Dec 29, 2013 Zoe Tribley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-a-n-g-a
This review will be the same for all of them-- excluding book seventeen and eighteen-- as I'm going to briefly review books 1-16

I've wanted to read this manga for quite some time, and once I started reading it like a few weeks ago. I couldn't stop. Despite what anyone says, I love this manga. I love the artwork. I love the main character's romance. I love the plot line. And I love all of the characters that make up this manga. There's a lot of people who've said that Hime-sama, the main characte
Emy
May 03, 2012 Emy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, shoujo-manga
'Misao is the bride of prophecy whose blood gives power to the demon who claims her. But most demons want to keep her power for themselves - by eating her! Now Misao is just trying to stay alive...'

In this volume, things got a lot more interesting. Even though I disliked the Sho storyline last volume, this volume focused on it a lot more and I found myself enjoying it.

We learnt a lot more about the characters of Zenki and Hoki in this volume, which I loved. The last time we really learnt about a
María
Feb 06, 2016 María rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
TwT no estoy preparada emocionalmente para lo que va a venir - Al principio no podia dejar de compararlo con otros mangas -.- pero conforme pasan capitulos me encariñe demasiado con cada uno de los personajes ademas esta lleno de romance que me hace gritar de la emocion jjujujuh (ruborizarse) *m*
Miss Ryoko
Aug 21, 2013 Miss Ryoko rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, library-book
WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First, Zenki is on the cover!!! Hooray!!

Second, OMG!!! HEART ATTACK!!

Third, I totally shed tears during this volume!

Fourth, holy god are Kyo and Misao horny! XD I loved the little drawing at the end Sakurakouji-sama did where Zenki said "When I was suffering the most... these guys were messing around." And then in his demon beast form "I won't forgive them!" Hahahaha!! But seriously... so true!

Holy crap... I can't believe the shit that hit the fan in
Steffi
Sep 29, 2014 Steffi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-5_stars, manga
3.5 - 4 STARS

As promised, the 12th volume in Black Bird delivered much needed action and character development. Probably enough to forgive the complete lack of said developments in the previous books.

It's 1AM so I'm just going to go with the ol' Pros and Cons list...

PROS
That we finally got more background on Zenki and Houki!
Got more Cheeky Sweet Kyou than Creepy Confusing Kyou
HOUKI
The Compound
ZENKI
The Orphanage
DID I MENTION HOUKI AND ZENKI?!?!

CONS
Sexy time was cut off but as it was because of
Jessica
Jan 18, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, manga
Sho begins his attempts to tear the Daitengu apart, beginning with Sagami. However, the bond between Kyo and Sagami is too even strong, even when Ayame is placed in danger. But Sho does have better luck with Zenki, who's past harbors a dark and terrible secret, one that threatens to tear apart the Kyo and Misao's entire world. As usual, Volume 12 ends on a terrible cliffhanger, one that makes me wonder if there might soon be a death of someone very dear Misao. A good volume, one that really adva ...more
Jul 04, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait to see how things wrap up, as the story is quite intriguing now.
Beckie
Jun 02, 2016 Beckie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one actually had a lot of action and I really enjoyed it
Alois
Aug 29, 2014 Alois rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this volume was okay i guess
Bry
This was a fantastic volume in the Black Bird series. Actually I think this is the best volume of them all.

War, death, betrayal, sacrifice, love, promises, faith. Seriously. This was a jam packed installment.

Our characters are becoming embroiled in an all out civil war with innocent casualties and some crazy twists and turns involving betrayals from some of those closest to Kyo.

I liked this volume so much I read it 2x right in a row. Seriously if you have considered reading this series I hope
Jenna Loesch
I loved the interactive picross puzzles, but it would have been nice if the pictures were more recognizable. And there was a misprint on the second one.
Mrs.soule
Vol. 12 of the Black Bird series is the best so far - very dramatic but with plenty of humor. My favorite moment is when Kyo's grandfather tells him he needs to start picking out successors for his captured friends and bodyguards since they're as a good as dead and Kyo turns to him with a look of genuine confusion and says "Old man...I only speak Japanese. I don't understand Crazytalk." And Misao's all "Gasp! Kyo!!" Bwahahaha!
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
This was okay. I don't know, its like I say that with all the other volumes. Its not that I don't like the series. At first I wasn't sure if I was going to. But then as I thought, eh why not give it a chance, I found there's moments to like, moments that it a little weird and awkward. Good balance there. 3 stars means I kind of liked it but at the same thought it was okay. But I didn't think it was bad or anything.
Lola
Feb 23, 2012 Lola rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
It was Awesome.
I Like the part when Zenki tuned into a non stop killing demon, was kind of sad to.
I did not like it when hoki betrayed them to go work for Sho though, but I will try to understand why he did that. The man who wished Misao didn't show up in their lifes, that was so mean, happy when Kyo tryed to help her out by saying some words back to him.
The book was really great though.
April
Feb 24, 2012 April rated it really liked it
A really great installment in a series that I'm absolutely addicted to. I really am so glad that there's more of a focus on the Tengu, particularly the bonds between Kyo and his clan. Also the romance between Kyo and Misao has become more relaxed and sweet rather than somewhat weirdly obsessive and discomfiting. I am also very concerned for Hoki and longing for volume 13!
Christina
Sho devises a plan to take down Kyo by taking out the Daitengu one by one, starting by awakening the demon within Hoki and Zenki. He plans to throw the world into utter chaos and destruction, starting with the demon villages. Will Sho's plan succeed, or will Kyo be able to prove Sho's theory of ruling with an iron fist wrong and protect everyone with his kindness?
Hannah
May 08, 2016 Hannah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Series Review: This series doesn't look like much in the beginning but trust me it soon shows it's true potential. This manga is gripping and thrilling while never losing its romantic side. As always manga is rated for a reason and this is really for older teens and up due to some semi graphic content, however I really recommend giving this manga a try!
Victoria Newman
Dec 05, 2015 Victoria Newman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is a great book to read
Dani
May 19, 2015 Dani rated it it was amazing
Chapters 44-47.

This volume is more about the detengu and Sho which I enjoyed. I love how her covers make sense with the plot. I adored seeing Sagami's background with Ayame and their joint vow. Then Hoki's abandonment for good and Zenki's past.

I love this series for the plot, characters and the art!

BOTTOM LINE: Wow!
Amy Gideon
Much is revealed about some of the characters and there was a lot of action, but it was too tidy. Things were resolved too quickly and I feel like I'm being told rather than shown.

For my full series review on volumes 1-16 please visit http://perksofbeinganotakuwallflower....
Vivian Lam
Feb 15, 2012 Vivian Lam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this book Kyo left Misao for a mission that he was on. He got trapped in a mazy and there is no way out. They think that they are left there to rot. Kyo is the clan leader and not he has to think of a plan to get them out. After a while he came up with a plan but it failed and the were stuck there for 3 days without food and water.
Sara
Jan 22, 2013 Sara rated it really liked it
Ooooh, we have a heartbreaking betrayal, followed by another surprising revelation...and there is a battle gearing up.

My heart broke over Zenki and I like how Kyo handled it. There were some really endearing moments in this volume that had nothing to do with Kyo and Misao.
Dana Al-Basha
Jan 21, 2016 Dana Al-Basha rated it liked it
Shelves: own
I didn't love this volume of Black Bird, the whole war thing and Hoki and Zenki... it wasn't what I wanted to read about, and I know the author wanted us to know the other characters but this book was boring. And for God's sake can Sho just die and remain died?!
Jasmiina F
Oct 06, 2013 Jasmiina F rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I'm not that sure why I keep reading Black Bird. I like it, but I've read much better comics. And most of the time the story is quite boring. I actually think this is the best volume so far so I have hope for the last volumes.
  • Dengeki Daisy, Vol. 08 (Dengeki Daisy, #8)
  • Butterflies, Flowers, Vol. 2 (Butterflies, Flowers, #2)
  • Hana to Akuma, Vol. 02
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 8 (Wild Ones, #8)
  • The Earl and The Fairy, Volume 02
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 2  (Library Wars: Love & War #2)
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 03 (Dawn of the Arcana, #3)
  • 学園アリス16
  • Stepping on Roses, Volume 2
  • A Devil and Her Love Song, Vol. 7 (A Devil and Her Love Song, #7)
Kanoko Sakurakoji (桜小路 かのこ, Sakurakōji Kanoko)
More about Kanoko Sakurakouji...

Black Bird (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 01 (Black Bird, #1)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 02 (Black Bird, #2)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 03 (Black Bird, #3)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 04 (Black Bird, #4)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 05 (Black Bird, #5)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 06 (Black Bird, #6)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 07 (Black Bird, #7)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 08 (Black Bird, #8)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 09 (Black Bird, #9)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 10 (Black Bird, #10)