Start by marking “Baby Be Mine” as Want to Read:
Baby Be Mine

Baby Be Mine

THE MIRACLE OF LIFE
When Lisa Montgomery presented her husband Kevin with their new-born baby girl, he was ecstatic. Naming the child Abigail, the couple brought her to their local pastor. Miles away, police were investigating the brutal murder of a pregnant woman...

THE HORROR OF MURDER
Twenty-three year old Bobbie Jo Stinnett was found by her mother, lying in a pool of bloo
Published August 29th 2006 by St. Martin's True Crime

To ask other readers questions about Baby Be Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby Be Mine

Erika
Mar 22, 2012 Erika rated it it was amazing
Couldn't believe how someone could fake being pregnant and kill a real pregnant mother to take her baby. I remember not being able to put this book down.
Holly
Feb 23, 2016 Holly rated it it was ok
i gave this book only two stars not because of the story itself but because of the large amount of unnecessary extra "crap" that was included and also because of the large amount of grammatical errors i found while reading. the story of what happened to bobbie jo and her baby was fine. it was a horrible thing that happened. i just didn't much care for how much extra stuff was added that didn't really pertain to bobbie jo and what happened to her. i mean, there were some parts and i was just thin ...more
Dawn
Feb 14, 2010 Dawn rated it liked it
Shelves: true-crime
It's hard to know what kind of rating to give this sad, depressing book. Did I enjoy it? No, not at all. Was I horrified and disturbed? Yes, so I must admit the author's work had a strong effect on me.

She writes about cases of caesarian abduction other than the title incident. I was only generally aware of these cases before, and had never read any details. She also discusses the Brandon Perry disappearance. This young man was most likely abducted and tortured to death, and her description of wh
Eva Leger
Feb 05, 2010 Eva Leger rated it it was amazing
Shelves: b-true-crime
BY FAR one of the craziest and "best" true crime books I have ever laid my hands on. I can't believe I forgot to add this when I first began on GR. This is a must for any t.c. reader. The story itself just is unimaginable and Fanning did a TERRIFIC job on the book.
If there was one t.c. book I was going to recommend it'd have to be this one as of right now.
Irene Rice
Jun 03, 2015 Irene Rice rated it liked it
It was very good until 3/4 to the end. Then the author begins telling you about similar murder cases...as if she needs to fill up the book to make it bigger. I found myself skipping chapters towards the end because I really just wanted to read the end of the story Baby Be Mine.... not all this other stuff.
Sae-chan
Jun 27, 2015 Sae-chan rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I think the problem was not the idea that women were just a baby producer, but the low self-esteem of these women. They thought that they needed to have or do something to earn the love of a man. And producing a baby was just a handy answer.
Heather Limoges
Aug 02, 2011 Heather Limoges rated it really liked it
Based on a true story-it was hard to read for the facts and how heartbreaking it is, but it was a good book and covered the events that happened in Skidmore, MO very well.
Jill Crosby
Apr 12, 2016 Jill Crosby rated it liked it
Decent, but wanders off on multiple tangents. Would've appreciated an update on the outcome of the trial of Lisa Montgomery.
no one
no one rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2016
Judi
Judi rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2013
Merrie Killer
Merrie Killer rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2014
Tammy Crawford
Tammy Crawford rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2015
Kimberly Watts
Kimberly Watts rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2011
Cherry
Cherry rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2010
Adnana
Adnana rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2013
Michelle Bailey
Michelle Bailey rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2013
mary catherine
mary catherine rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2009
Terri Armstrong
Terri Armstrong rated it liked it
May 04, 2016
Teraisa Goldman
Teraisa Goldman rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2014
Alex
Alex rated it did not like it
Mar 09, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2016
Raven
Raven rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2013
Rodrigo
Rodrigo rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2013
Hayley Berman
Hayley Berman rated it it was ok
Oct 25, 2016
Ashley Gay
Ashley Gay rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2015
Jennifer Lynn
Jennifer Lynn rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2016
Kathleen Garber
Kathleen Garber rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2008
  • Cold Storage
  • Slow Death
  • Little Lost Angel
  • Murdered Innocents
  • Beyond Belief: The Moors Murderers. The Story of Ian Brady and Myra Hindley.
  • Cellar of Horror: The Story of Gary Heidnik
  • Blood in the Snow: The True Story of a Stay-at-Home Dad, his High-Powered Wife, and the Jealousy that Drove him to Murder
  • Are You There Alone?: The Unspeakable Crime of Andrea Yates