Start by marking “Undercover Assignment (Scarcity Sanctuary, #3)” as Want to Read:
Undercover Assignment (Scarcity Sanctuary, #3)

Undercover Assignment (Scarcity Sanctuary #3)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  322 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Young Adult Version of For Gom's Sake

Gom Marsh liked knowing that the work he did as an undercover cop, enrolling into high schools to assist the staff in cases of extreme bullying, made a difference. It was rewarding, but often heartbreaking, work. When a new man, Casey Tanner, comes into his life, his heart is immediately engaged. Is he about to find the happiness he's a
ebook, Young Adult Edition, 316 pages
Published April 2011 by Featherweight Publishing (first published March 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Undercover Assignment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undercover Assignment

MsMiz (Tina)
Reading all 3 Sanctuary books in one weekend might have been too much. I am emotionally drained. I am not even sure how AKM wrote them without needing therapy. For Gom's Sake was the lynch pin in my emotional demise. This book hit to the core with the subject line of bullying. I want to say it was exaggerated to make a point, but I really do not think so. There have been too many instances of bullying in the news.

Gom has grown up to be a police officer and because he looks really young is worki
5 Solid Stars to AKM Miles for writing a very enlightening and socially relevant story centered around the issue of bullying, verbal abuse and violence so many of our youth are forced to deal with every day in an environment where they should feel safe but in truth are not. This is happening in the schools they attend, there is no freedom of choice in avoidance here, there is no out, and far too many suffer helplessly in silence feeling alone and invisible. This is an escalating problem which le ...more
Gom has always been one of my favorite characters in this series. He was always so loving and affectionate so I was happy to see him find someone who understood his needs and cherished him. Even though love was a new experience for Casey, with the help of Gom (and Gom's wonderful family) he made great strides in opening up to people and being more comfortable with expressing his feelings. They were a very sweet couple, and thankfully their tender moments helped to balance the more intense part o ...more
Lexi Ander
I really enjoyed seeing little, sweet, Gom all grown up into such a fine young man. He is an undercover police officer who investigates cases of bullying at schools. I liked how Miles was able to draw each scenario so that the reader understands the seriousness of the issue and the impact it has. Then we flip to Gom's personal life and his romance with Casey which was super, super sweet.

For someone who hasn't read the first two books, you could get by with just reading this one if you want becau
2,5 stars

The writing is very awkward, I had to stop numerous times and do something else before I could read again.
stop bullying photo: bullying. bullyingsacrime.gif

I just love Gom :) I was so interested in Gom's work. I loved reading about it. For me, the romance in this was on the back burner because I wanted to read more about the kids he was helping.

Gateway to Hell broke my heart. I am not sure if I could have cried any harder.

photo gay_zps6c53685a.jpg

photo bkyk_mnceaa8jjr-medium_zpsbd766bf7.png

On the romance note though, I wanted more from Casey. More of his background, what he did to get where he was now.

I hear AKM Miles is writing a 2nd book about Gom and his work, so I am excited :)

photo stopbullying2_zps6af99b78.jpg

So I've been waiting for what seems like forever for Gom's story and either I built it up to much in my mind or Miss Miles kinda failed to deliver.
While the story line was great I felt it was poorly told. Too much was seemily thoughts repeated, and was it really necessary to have almost 50 continuous pages of sex? First we had the big first time sex, then they slept, woke up to reminis about the sex the night before then hopped in the shower to continue for a bit more, and to be honest it wasn't
The book follows both Gom's growing relationship with Casey and his job as an undercover police officer dealing with the more severe cases of bullying.
I liked both aspects of the book and think the author found the right balance in mixing them together. The supporting characters were nicely written as well and I couldn't help but feeling for the kids Gom was trying to help. The thought of what life must be like for Bradley and his sister was bad enough, but the thought of what Byron was going th
Sep 06, 2011 Mountie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone with a child who is different or just anyone
Recommended to Mountie by: Alli
Shelves: m-m, contemporary
I have always loved Gom, right from the beginning of this series when he curled up in Soldiers arms and slept for the first time in forever. He was a special boy then and a special man now. Casey is perfect for him and he is perfect for Casey. The story that goes along with their romance was truly interesting. Bullying hurts and to think there may be a special officer of the law out there investigating the truly horrendous cases makes me glad. I am particularly happy that AKM Miles and her publi ...more
Annie Bailey
OMG, what an awesome read! I wish I could give it more than 5 stars. the storyline of bullying hit really close to home. It was told so well and I loved to read the romance unfold between Casey & Gom. AKM Miles did a wonderful job telling of bullying, love, romance & family. Definitely a 5-star read!
Gavin Stephenson-Jackman
A great read. An emotionally difficult read at times. It is terrifying that there is so much hateful bullying still going on, and so many times under our very noses. I wish there was more we, as adults, could do to support the victims and prevent this occurring in our schools and in society.
Beautifully written and an interesting look into the whole under culture of bullying and the effect it has on everyone, not just victims or perpetrators.
Crissy Smith
I am so in love with this series. I wish I had found it sooner.

Each book has been great. The first started off with such a wonderful storyline that has been carried through all of the stories.

I like Gom from the time he was eight and was happy to see him grown up and finding love himself.

Truly remarkable writing. It's so great to see how throughly the author plotted out every detail. You aren't left wondering about holes in the plot which is unusual in ebooks.

In just two days time I've read t
I wish I hadn't read this. Gom was IMHO the saving grace of Soldier, but he didn't shine in this book like he did when he was a kid. Though part of the problem might be that he still acts like a kid, maybe a teenager, even when he's an adult. Then there's Casey, who was intriguing as a character, but the teaser totes him as a man who doesn't want to be touched. Yet it seems Gom is the insta-cure for this too.

Do not get me wrong, the message behind the story is anti-bullying - no arguing that th
Brenda (b)
07/22/2011 update at 47.0%: "I love the descriptions of the family dinners at the Scarcity Sanctuary. Makes me wish I was there too."

Gom was such a sweet little guy in Soldier and then in Tommy's Story he suffered a tragic attack. It was terrific to see him grown up and moving forward with his life. Casey was exactly what he needed to complete him.
4.5 stars.
A sweet love story, made even sweeter when set amidst a background of abuse, torture, bullying and suicide. Despite all the bleak happenings, both past and present, there is hope for a better and brighter future because one person, with loving support around them, really can make a difference. A good story that would be even better if not marred by a few inconsistencies - such as changing the height of the major character or repeating a paragraph almost word-for-word a chapter or two
I really enjoyed seeing Gom all grown up. Bullying is a problem that is becoming a big issue. It has existed for a long time and I'm glad finally to see more and more people concerned with it. Gom's job deals with this overwhelming problem. He sees stuff that is had to get past and believe the world is still good. With Gom's past it is amazing he can be such a caring man. Gom's Casey is also a wounded soul. The two together are sweet.
Kristy Maitz
I don't know what happened but at first everything was okay, plot was interesting, characters also polled me in but then I just lost interest in book. I think there where to many of those undercover cases in different schools. Also Casey who get together with Gom is at starting point very cool but then when you get to know him better he start to be uninteresting. I got bored reading that book.
Jane (PS)

I would have preferred much more focus on the bullying storyline and it's related impacts and after-effects and less of the extended love scenes. Perhaps I should have purchased the YA version? But given I left that age group a couple of decades ago, it didn't really cross my mind!
Not as good as the first two, but still lovely and heartfelt. Serious subject matter is difficult to weave into genre romance and it felt a bit more forced in this book than in the others.
I did like that the angst of this book came from external stresses and not a 'misunderstanding'.
This is the same as For Gom's Sake (slightly edited to remove the sex, it seems), although there is nothing in the writeup to actually tell you that. I thought it was a continuation ... you can be sure I'll think quite hard about buying any future books!
Painful earnestness, that was my experience with this book. There is no guile in the way this book is written and it got quickly tiresome. The author is good at creating troubled characters, but I wanted a bit less predictability out of them.
I've waited a long time for Gom's story, and I have to say that AKM Miles did not disappoint me. I love the men of Scarcity Sanctuary, and Gom grew into a wonderful young man. I had a few niggles, but all in all, it was an enjoyable read.
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
I loved this. I wasn't sure what to expect out of Gom's story. Even so, I waited patiently and stayed up until midnight on the day this book was released.

Yup, I did and it was totally worth it.
I gave it a 4, with reservations. It is a tad preachy. All of the drama and tension is fairly external to the romance. The relationship portion was pretty heavily sprinkled with pixie dust.
Jess Candela
Loved it, but felt like it ended just a little too soon. After the ugliness, I needed a little more happy family time as a palate-cleanser.
Cherie Noel
Omgosh!! Just when I didn't think it could get any better!!
  • Embrace My Reflection (Embrace, #1)
  • The Christmas Throwaway
  • His Christmas Wish (Men of Charlestown, #1)
  • The Broken Road
  • Wait Until Dawn (Southern Spirits, #4)
  • Bottled Up (Bottled Up, #3)
  • All or Nothing (Taking the Odds, #3)
  • The One That Broke Free  (One and One, #4)
  • Lipstick and Handguns (Lawful Disorder, #1)
  • David and Conner  (Jock Dorm, #3)
  • Making Promises (Promises, #2)
  • Easy
  • The Curtis Reincarnation
  • Wishing on a Blue Star

Scarcity Sanctuary (9 books)
  • Soldier (Scarcity Sanctuary, #1)
  • Tommy's Story (Scarcity Sanctuary, #2)
  • Scarcity Holidays (Scarcity Sanctuary, #4)
  • Trick's Dante (Scarcity Sanctuary, #5)
  • It's Okay (Scarcity Sanctuary #6)
  • Seeing Double (Scarcity Sanctuary #7)
  • Missing Soldier (Scarcity Sanctuary, #8)
  • Soldier Boys (Scarcity Sanctuary Series #9)