Start by marking “Mr and Mischief” as Want to Read:
Mr and Mischief

Mr and Mischief

3.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  176 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Will love conquer...her boss?

Beautiful, clever, rich - and determinedly single - Emily Wood is the youngest ever head of HR at her company. Whether dousing corporate fires or matchmaking lonely colleagues, Emily's at the top of her game. Only her handsome, sardonic boss Jason Kingsley appears to remain immune to her charm...

Jason is used to women falling at his feet, i but

Mass Market Paperback, Mills & Boon Modern, The Powerful and the Pure #3, 192 pages
Published June 1st 2011 by Mills & Boon (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Mr and Mischief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr and Mischief

Booklover
This was a okay read,Jason-Emma have grown together,they know each other very well are friends the age gap os 12 years though,Emma has crush on Jason from the age of 17,then at her sisters wedding she asks Jason to kiss her though he wanted to but cause he was a child he did'nt and Emma felt humiliated rejected,then they carry on Emma ignores Jason tries not to be where he is then after 7 years she lands in London asking for a job and Jason gives her but he always remains out of town

Emma is good
Izzy
Sep 19, 2012 Izzy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Blurb:

Jason is used to women falling at his feet, but relationships, with all their illogical demands, are not for him. So why does he find Emily so attractive? She's a highly unsuitable target for his s
Nas Dean
May 25, 2011 Nas Dean rated it it was amazing
MR AND MISCHIEF by author Kate Hewitt is from Harlequin Modern line.

Emily Wood is beautiful, clever, rich but single career girl with no interest in love and marriage. Yet she does matchmaking for her friends and co-workers to their happily-ever-after.

Her boss and childhood crush, Jason Kingsley appears immune to the fact that Emily has grown up now. But he feels the chemistry between them sizzle and is hurt when Emily to cover her attraction, teases him as boring.

In Jason’s view love hurt. It
RLA
Aug 31, 2011 RLA rated it really liked it
The heroine Emily and the hero Jason grew up together, Jason was always the sensible and almost authoritative one whereas Emily, 12 years younger, was scatty and a bit of a dreamer. Emily has grown into quite a competent and successful career woman, something that surprised both of them, but still has an edge of spontaneity about her. She likes to matchmake and generally be involved in the lives of the people around her. Jason sees this as meddling and tries to warn her off doing it, of course E ...more
Kate
Aug 20, 2011 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Jane Austen fans who read HP
I enjoyed this modern take on Jane Austen's Emma. Being a bit of a stoic myself, I appreciate a hero who thinks the words "I love you" are useless because actions are more important than words.

Note: I hate the HP title, The Matchmaker Bride, for this book, especially since the heroine is not a bride during the book's action. The M&B Modern title Mr and Mischief is much cleverer and appropriate.
Li
Feb 05, 2012 Li rated it really liked it
I loved the idea of M&B's based on classic literary romances and EMMA is probably my favourite Austen, so I obviously had to read Kate Hewitt‘s take on it. After a couple of false starts (tip – it’s THE MATCHMAKER BRIDE in the States, but MR AND MISCHIEF in the UK), I downloaded it onto my Kindle and ahhh, fun read.

I did wonder how this would read to someone not familiar with EMMA because really, I had the original novel and its characters and plot at the back of my mind more often than not,
Caro
Feb 07, 2015 Caro rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: h-mnb-s
This was an overall good book. There were definitely some slower parts and this was a little aggravating too, but I liked the plot and the good HEA. The characters were a little complex but stubborn and I definitely wanted to give them the heave-ho a few times. This was written well though. I'd say a good book but more for passing time and for something to read than one to search out.
Jess
This was a barely readable version of Emma. I was sort of offended on Emma's behalf.
Mandy Sickle
Emily Wood has spent the last five year working her way from the ground up to become the youngest HR in the history of her company. Emily has become a good matchmaker since she’s not looking for a relationship. She happens to work for Jason Kingsley a friend of the family that she threw herself at when she was a teenager. After his rejecting she pushed him out of her mind as nothing more than a professional manner. When he shows up back in town however she can’t deny her attraction for him.

Jason
Devina
Aug 04, 2013 Devina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
It's one of those books you should get at some charity shop or borrow from a friend, I'm afraid it was a disappointment for the most part. Emma is the immature woman she thinks she might be for most of the book, Jason is marginally better. There could have been more to this story of not knowing they both wanted love but refuse to acknowledge it, something to spice it up a little, give it more volume.

I should have suspected it would be one of those fluffy reads given the size of the book but for
Tali
Feb 25, 2013 Tali rated it liked it
This Mills and Boon story, which is based loosely on Jane Austen's Emma, would've been so much more enjoyable to read if Hewitt had focused more on the central characters of Emily and Jason and less on the secondary plot involving the naive Helen (based on Harriet Smith). While Austen's machinations and manipulations of her characters work wonderfully, this novel tries to clumsily replicate the social snub of Mr Elton in modern times and it just doesn't work. You just end up massively annoyed th ...more
athena
Apr 20, 2014 athena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin
First of all, I have no idea what 'harlequin' is. Somebody dropped this book into my hands and said, "Read it, it's really good" so I did. I thought it was a pretty good book, although that may just be a little bit biased since I've got a weak spot for the whole CEO sexy boss falls in love blah blah blah (all thanks to Christina Lauren's Beautiful Bastard , cuz goddamn it Bennet Ryan) but seriously. It was a decent experience for my first harlequin novel. No regrets.
Jasey
Jan 25, 2012 Jasey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Helen Charles was gell
Liked this book a lot but the one I have is called mr and mischief but has all the same people in and it has same story so not sure if the title has been changed at some point.
Modesty_b
Jul 31, 2014 Modesty_b rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: skimmed-over
it was good. I liked the hero and the heroine was meddlesome.
Stephanie
Shelves:
k
Mlleelizabeth
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Diane
Jul 24, 2011 Diane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hp, romance, contemporary
more 2.5 stars instead of 3. hewitt is a decent writer, but i just didn't feel much empathy with, or fo, her hero and heroine.
Marse
Dec 01, 2013 Marse rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
No me gustó nada, es la típica historia....por lo menos tiene pocas páginas y no perdí tanto el tiempo.
Tonya Warner
Aug 06, 2011 Tonya Warner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice story. Emily and Jason don't "do" love, but love ends up on the agenda despite them.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Powerful and the Pure
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Powerful and the Pure
Wendy Darling
Paulette
Paulette marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
Kimngan Tran
Kimngan Tran rated it did not like it
Mar 14, 2016
  • A Dark Sicilian Secret
  • A Spanish Awakening
  • Craving the Forbidden (The Fitzroy Legacy #1)
  • Breaking the Sheikh's Rules
  • Doukakis's Apprentice
  • Behind the Palace Walls
  • The Reluctant Duke (The Scandalous St. Claires #2)
  • The Power of Vasilii (Russian Rivals #2)
  • Trouble in a Pinstripe Suit
  • Marriage Made on Paper (Forrester, #1)
  • Too Proud to be Bought
  • The Night that Changed Everything
  • Princess From the Past
  • Scandal: Unclaimed Love-Child
  • Reckless Night In Rio
Kate is the USA Today-bsetselling author of 35 romances with Harlequin Presents, hundreds of short stories, and several historical novels and anthologies now available on Kindle. Her first women's fiction with Penguin/NAL, Rainy Day Sisters, will be out in August 2015.

She likes to read romance, mystery, the occasional straight historical and angsty women's fiction; she particularly enjoys reading
More about Kate Hewitt...