Start by marking “The Dead Of Winter (Rina Martin, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Dead Of Winter (Rina Martin, #5)

The Dead Of Winter (Rina Martin #5)

2.65 of 5 stars 2.65  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A Rina Martin Mystery - Against her better judgement, Rina Martin accepts an invitation to Aikensthorpe, a country house hotel with a sinister reputation. Gathered there are a collection of experts in the esoteric; their plan is to re-enact the incident in 1872 that left one man dead and another mad. Rina, unimpressed by the company and their techniques, is relieved when h ...more
Published August 1st 2011 by Severn House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Dead Of Winter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dead Of Winter

Carmen
This is the book in a mystery series where the detective goes on vacation, and death follows her.

Rina Martin has agreed to accompany the couple Joy and Tim to a magic consortium taking place in an old mansion. What she doesn't know is that Tim and the other magicians plan on enacting a séance there, in the site of another séance, over 100 years ago, which resulted in a death.

This description makes things sound much more exciting than they really are.

Of course, things happen. Three people are mur
Sandy
I always enjoy the ongoing characters in the Rina Martin books. For some reason, with this book,
I found myself wanting it to end and not really caring who did the murders.
Margo Brooks
This is a classic Agatha Christie plot. Strangers and friends find themselves snowed in at a remote English countryside house where they are to recreate a seance from 100 years previously that had went badly. One by one they are mysteriously murdered, and even when help arrives, it is unclear if it really is help or not. It should have been great, but it wasn't. First, I could not keep the large cast of characters straight. Not remembering how they were initially related and under what pretenses ...more
Jessica
Set in England with an English writer, I struggled with some of the lingo as well as the flow was different than what I was used to. I like the setting of the story as it is Clue-esq but am just now getting into the flow of her writing approx. starting around page 50. Also there are a lot of characters that you have to keep track of with similar names. Ex: Tim, Toby, Terry.

Last 100 pages flew by! I didn't guess who was involved!!
Linda Allen
This is the 5th in the Rina Martin Mystery series, but the first on that I have read. I really enjoyed it, but did have a hard time at first figuring out when they were talking about the present day murder and when they were talking about one that happened 150 years ago. But it was very well written.
Sara
Interesting mystery although oddly, it didn't have the wrap-up most mysteries have that tells you "who done it". Takes place in an old English mansion during a reenactment of a seance in the same house in the 1800's.
Kimberley
I enjoyed it..read it a day..first library ebook downloaded to kindle
Linda
Really good cozy. First time with this author. Will read her again. Her main character is very much like Miss Marple.
Beiza
Beiza added it
Aug 29, 2015
Derek Kelsey
Derek Kelsey marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Suzy
Suzy marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Kristine Vanduyne
Kristine Vanduyne is currently reading it
Jun 29, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Sacha
Sacha marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Alana
Alana added it
Feb 04, 2015
Kate Linahan
Kate Linahan marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Some of her early books were published under the name of Jane Adams. This should not be confused with this Jane Adams who is a different author.
More about Jane A. Adams...

Rina Martin (6 books)
  • A Reason To Kill (Rina Martin, #1)
  • Fragile Lives (Rina Martin, #2)
  • The Power Of One (Rina Martin, #3)
  • Resolutions (Rina Martin, #4)
  • Cause Of Death (Rina Martin, #6)
The Greenway (Mike Croft, #1) A Reason To Kill (Rina Martin, #1) The Power Of One (Rina Martin, #3) Fragile Lives (Rina Martin, #2) Cause Of Death (Rina Martin, #6)