This Is The Reef

This Is The Reef

3.2 of 5 stars 3.20  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  2 reviews
A celebration of the Great Barrier Reef and the significance it has on the marine life forms that it feeds, shelters and protects.
Published August 7th 2008 by Frances Lincoln (first published June 11th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about This Is The Reef, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Is The Reef

Kristin
Great visuals; complex poetry! Since we narrowed our ocean studies to coral reefs, I wanted to provide the children with striking visuals that would resonate with them, and I think this book achieved just that. They love picking out the creatures hiding in the coral. Just wish the story was simpler; more appropriate for 2nd grade.
Louise (A Strong Belief in Wicker)
A nicely illustrated book about The Great Barrier Reef, with an environmental message. Nothing new here I guess.
Leighann Paige
Leighann Paige marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2013
E R
E R marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2013
Malissa
Malissa marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2012
Miriam is an award winning author of 75 children's books, both information books and fiction. Her fiction includes picture books, novelty books and poetry, and recently short stories for the adult market. Her books have been translated into over 20 languages.

Miriam has had wide experience of working creatively both with children in schools and libraries, and with adults. She offers lively, innovat...more
More about Miriam Moss...
Snow Bear Don't Forget I Love You Bare Bear Wibble Wobble This Is The Tree: A Story Of The Baobab