Start by marking “This Is The Reef” as Want to Read:
This Is The Reef

This Is The Reef

A celebration of the Great Barrier Reef and the significance it has on the marine life forms that it feeds, shelters and protects.
Published August 7th 2008 by Frances Lincoln (first published June 11th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about This Is The Reef, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Is The Reef

EDUC535
Jun 19, 2016 EDUC535 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Reviewed by J Broten

This book takes the reader through the Great Barrier Reef. The reef feeds, shelters, and protect the marine life that forms there. This book describes the marine life that lives there and what they might do. It also talked about coral, as well as endangered reefs and why they are classified as such. The illustrations for this book are colorful and realistic.

I would use this book in a 3rd grade classroom. I would first build vocabulary words with the students because some of t
Kristin
Apr 07, 2013 Kristin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lcrt5795
Great visuals; complex poetry! Since we narrowed our ocean studies to coral reefs, I wanted to provide the children with striking visuals that would resonate with them, and I think this book achieved just that. They love picking out the creatures hiding in the coral. Just wish the story was simpler; more appropriate for 2nd grade.
Louise (A Strong Belief in Wicker)
A nicely illustrated book about The Great Barrier Reef, with an environmental message. Nothing new here I guess.
Elisabeth
Elisabeth rated it really liked it
May 23, 2017
Mishka
Mishka rated it it was ok
Jul 26, 2011
Maria
Maria rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2013
Kristen
Kristen rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2011
Inara
Inara rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2015
Dana
Dana rated it it was ok
Mar 25, 2016
Nirimba College
Nirimba College marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
ChildRoots
ChildRoots marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2016
E R
E R marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2013
Stephen Morris
Stephen Morris marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Miriam is an award winning author of 75 children's books, both information books and fiction. Her fiction includes picture books, novelty books and poetry, and recently short stories for the adult market. Her books have been translated into over 20 languages.

Miriam has had wide experience of working creatively both with children in schools and libraries, and with adults. She offers lively, innovat
More about Miriam Moss...