Start by marking “Once Upon a Cowboy” as Want to Read:
Once Upon a Cowboy

Once Upon a Cowboy

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Cowboy HomecomingA bull-riding injury has sent Joel McCreedy crashing--literally--into his tiny Iowa hometown. But the last thing the prodigal son wants is to stay. On top of a bruised head and ego, he has relationships to mend and a reputation to clear. And then there's lovely Beth Armstrong, his nephews' teacher, who's willing to give them all lessons in family and forgi ...more
Published July 19th 2011 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon a Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon a Cowboy

Linda Andrews
The prodigal son, Joel McCreedy, takes his inheritance and leaves to chase his dreams. When he returns home physically broken, he discovers that he's been accused of a crime he didn't commit. Beth Armstrong has always been an obedient daughter, but this time her heart is urging her to rebel and take a chance on Joel.

Ms. Tracy does a wonderful job of showing us the consequences of not allowing faith and those we love help us get over losing love and how it can harm those closest to us. Beth and J
Judy
Once Upon a Cowboy by Pamela Tracy
Joel McCreedy was the prodigal son. He had taken his share of the ranch at eighteen and set off for the rodeo to ride bulls. Eight years later he returns, broke both monetary and physical and perhaps even spiritually. His brother Jared was not welcoming and so he left and ended up falling asleep and hitting a fence. When he woke up he saw the most beautiful woman was helping him, and wondered why she told the nurse not to let her mother know she brought Joel in.
Karen
Joel heads back to him hometown after a bull riding injury sidelines him from competition. Beth finds him just after he's had an accident with him old truck. Her mother is dead set against him. Can he clear his name and find a real home?
Patsy
Mar 24, 2014 Patsy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Hilarious and well-worth reading. ;-)
L.M. Gonzalez
Once Upon a Cowboy by Pamela Tracy tells the story of Joel McCreedy and Beth Armstrong. Joel is the prodigal son who left at a young age to pursue his dreams. Now, he has returned, but not to stay, with a bull-riding injury. Beth is a girl with roots in her hometown. The reader not only gets to know the hero/ heroine, but their families - parents and siblings. This makes for a lively story as the reader wonders whether or not Joel and Beth will have a happy ending after all.
Melody
I had this in my car to read as I waited for my niece to get out of school three days a week. So thus it to months to finish, and at the end I just had to bring it inside as I did want to finish! I really liked it, though too many characters introduced right at the beginning that was a little confusing. Other than that I enjoyed the character growth and development and the whole Prodigal son theme.
Wendy Sparkes
A lovely contemporary retelling of the prodigal son.
Tammy Hanson
Tammy Hanson marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Nancy Ross
Nancy Ross marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Tessa Nordyke
Tessa Nordyke is currently reading it
Dec 11, 2014
Cindy Coleman
Cindy Coleman marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Lisa
Lisa added it
Aug 07, 2014
KimberlyDawn
KimberlyDawn marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Suzie Johnson
Suzie Johnson marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Lydia
Lydia added it
Mar 11, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Pamela Tracy is an award-winning author who lives with her husband (He claims to be the inspiration for most of her heroes) and son (He claims to be the interference for most of her writing time.) She was raised in Omaha, Nebraska, and started writing at a very young age (a series of romances, all with David Cassidy as the hero. Sometimes Bobby Sherman would interfere). Then, while earning a BA i ...more
More about Pamela Tracy...
Love Finds You in Sunflower, Kansas Once Upon a Christmas Daddy for Keeps Fugitive Family (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #160) Clandestine Cover-Up (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #177)