Start by marking “Clifford's Kitten” as Want to Read:
Clifford's Kitten

Clifford's Kitten (Clifford the Big Red Dog)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  483 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Clifford is jealous when Emily Elizabeth takes in a kitten.
Published January 1st 1992 by Perfection Learning (first published September 1st 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Clifford's Kitten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clifford's Kitten

Brittany Long
I love Clifford stories. I read them all the time to my daughter, who just so happens to have a Clifford plush toy that was given to her by her great-grandmother. I don't know if she like Clifford because he is a dog and she get to say "woof, woof" while we read or if it's because he is red (her favorite color). Either way I love reading these books with her.
Sydney
Cute Clifford book. Deals with the jealous a pet might feel when another pet comes along.
Joshua Ezell
There is a new kitten in town! Whatever the kitten does, Clifford wants to do. The kitten's butterfly chasing leads Clifford to swallow a kite which he has mistaken for a giant butterfly. Dad pays the boy so he can get a new one. The kitten scratches his claws on a tree, and Clifford sharpens his nails on a light pole which is uprooted in the process. The kitten rides in a doll's carriage, and Clifford hops on a real dump truck. The kitten plays with a spool of thread and Clifford knocks a huge ...more
Ckolleen
I read this to Kindergarten/Grade 1 students. They laughed at how huge Clifford is compared to this small kitten.
Karen
It's a cute story. My kids like it. It doesn't do much for me from a parenting/teaching or literature standpoint.
Little Miss and the Legomeister
Why is it that kids love Clifford so very much? Legomeister loved him when he was four and five. And now Little Miss. She doesn't watch the show, but she checks out the books from our library.

They're simple; easy for a preschooler to understand. But, monotonous for the adult reader.

This one is about average. Not derived from the TV show, which is good. But really a typical Clifford book.
Megan
PB 25: Love Clifford books. This book deals with jealousy. Clifford is jealous that Emily Elizabeth is taking care of a lost kitten. But despite his jealously he won't let anything bad happen to this kitten and watches out for it. This is great for showing kids that just because you are jealous of something doesn't mean you have to act negatively towards it.
Caroline Barnett
Clifford's Kitten would be a great read aloud book. Most students can relate to cats and dogs. You could work of prediction with this book, once students see what the cat is doing they can predict what Clifford will do because he tries to do everything the cat does but he is so big what he does is a little different from the cat.
Kelly Thevenot
Cliffords Kitten is a wonderful book for young readers, as is all of the Clifford books. They are easy to read and young children love them. Cliffords Kitten is about friendship between a big red dog and a playful little Kitten. I could use this to teach a lesson about how you can have friends even if you are totally different.
Seth Lebaron
The Clifford series is great for emerging readers to dive into. The story always begins the same, so children will easily be able to feel confident at least on the first page, but the rest of the book i simple enough for children to get throught that they may need little to no help.
Jillyn
Jun 06, 2013 Jillyn rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jillyn by: Emily
This is a cute book about who else- Clifford the big red dog! Emily Elizabeth finds a kitten and the normally red Clifford gets a bit green with envy, and finds himself in all sorts of shenanigans when he tries to fit in with the new feline.
Kirstin Kemppainen
Another great Clifford book! Very cute story about how Emily found a kitten and her and Clifford looked after it until they found it's owner. Great beginning book for readers!
Marianne (Mia) Emery
Emily Elizabeth, Clifford’s owner finds a little kitten. Clifford wants to do everything the kitten does but his size causes a few problems.
Nichole
Great book for beginning readers. Young children usually like animals so the Clifford series is a good choice.
Beth
my son loves clifford books! this was just as good as the others, cant go wron with Clifford!
Theresa
good early reader, using texet to relate to the television show, a cute childhood story book.
Cece
Emily Elizabeth finds a kitten, Clifford gets jealous and tries to do everything the kitten does.
Jessie
I love Clifford. I hardly read any of the books but I loved watching the TV show.
Christy
Now Clifford, the big red dog, has a new pet, a kitten.
Bridget
A typical Clifford book, but my kids really like them.
Jessica
Clifford is almost a children's classic.
Abby Sominski
I like Clifford and his kitten friend.
Janey
This one is a cute Clifford book.
Michael D.
Great for beginning readers.
AGV K
  • What Mommies Do Best / What Daddies Do Best
  • Henry's Awful Mistake
  • The Little Duck
  • Mouse's First Spring
  • A Very Special Critter (Look-Look)
  • Some Dogs Do
  • Pigs
Norman Bridwell is an American author and cartoonist, best-known for the Clifford the Big Red Dog series of children's books. Bridwell attended John Herron School of Art in Indianapolis, Indiana. He currently resides on Martha's Vineyard, MA, where he continues to write an average of two books a year.

More about Norman Bridwell...

Clifford the Big Red Dog (1 - 10 of 70 books)
  • Clifford, We Love You (Clifford the Big Red Dog)
  • Clifford and the Big Parade (Clifford)
  • Clifford and the Big Storm (Clifford)
  • Clifford and the Grouchy Neighbors
  • Clifford at the Circus
  • Clifford Barks!
  • Clifford Gets a Job
  • Clifford Goes to Hollywood
  • Clifford Goes to the Doctor
  • Clifford Goes To Washington
Clifford the Big Red Dog Clifford's Halloween Clifford The Small Red Puppy Clifford The Firehouse Dog Clifford's Birthday Party