Start by marking “Resolving Everyday Conflict” as Want to Read:
Resolving Everyday Conflict

Resolving Everyday Conflict

Ken Sande, author of the bestselling classic "The Peacemaker," has long been a trusted resource on the topic of conflict resolution. In "Resolving Everyday Conflict," Sande distills his message to the essentials, quickly equipping readers with the tools they need to bring peace to their relationships.
Everyone encounters conflict--whether it be with a coworker, family memb
Published May 1st 2011 by Baker Books

To ask other readers questions about Resolving Everyday Conflict, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resolving Everyday Conflict

L-T Hopper
A gem of a book for every Christian to read. Conflict is a part of life and it is not in our nature to deal with it well but mostly very badly. This book clearly explains how to deal with conflict Biblically. To quote from the book - "Christians are the most forgiven people in the world. Therefore we should be the most forgiving people in the world."
Josh Morgan
Jun 26, 2011 Josh Morgan rated it it was amazing
This review first appeared on my blog, Jacob's Café (jacobscafe.blogspot.com).

During my graduate program, I got to be involved in a research project exploring Muslim-Christian interfaith peacemaking. It included dialogue between evangelical Christians and Muslims from across the country to create a new peacemaking manual. My dissertation was a secondary study on this initial project, too, so I became very familiar with ideas of faith-based peacemaking.

Since that time, I have been very interested
Greg
Sep 04, 2013 Greg rated it it was amazing
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

This is a great book little book, about 100 pages - full of practical expressions of Biblical principles that actually work when it comes to conflict resolution.

Not all conflict is highly confrontational - use the teachings from this book to improve your marriage, family and other personal relationships - we all know we need to!

Discover how the 5 G's can guide you through the resolution of any tense situation, and onwards to reconciliation and forgiveness.

Grab your copy now, an
Tarissa
Oct 22, 2014 Tarissa rated it it was amazing
"Peace is worth our greatest effort."

Kevin Johnson writes clearly and to the point. He tells us why we should always work to resolve conflict, reconcile, and to do it for the glory of God. Using scripture, he emphasizes key points to make you realize what you may be doing wrong that is starting conflict, and how to improve your relationship with anyone that you have conflict with.

Some of my favorite points that Johnson helps you to understand better: Glorify God. Get the Log Out. Generally Rest
Jeff Short
Sep 17, 2012 Jeff Short rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-life
As the title suggests, this is a very practical book on a relevant topic. Everyone experiences conflict. It is not possible in a fallen world of sinners to avoid it. I am afraid that many of us just accept that fact and determine to live with it, which means we have a growing mountain of unresolved offenses that is going to landslide on us someday. Unresolved offenses is fertile ground for bitterness to take root.

Ken Sande brings biblical truths to bear on this topic and highlights with personal
Nicki
This is an excellent audio on this very difficult subject. It’s simple and incredibly practical and that what makes it very easy to listen to. The authors have made it a very straightforward issue, that has left me with no doubt as to what conflict is, and how to deal with it. It’s a fairly short audio which didn’t drag me down with lots of unnecessary theology, although there are plenty of biblical references in it. The narrator Maurice England has a very listenable voice. I felt like I was ...more
Bill
Dec 09, 2015 Bill rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic biblical, practical, readable, gospel-centred book on personal conflict resolution. Highly recommended.
Tom
Nov 21, 2016 Tom rated it really liked it
Perceptive and practical guide. If only I had more opportunity to practice...
Ann
Aug 22, 2013 Ann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nous avons tous connu des conflits dans nos vies et nous en connaîtrons encore, c’est presque garanti. Cela fait partie de la vie au quotidien comme vous le savez sûrement! Mais comment résoudre ces conflits? Ça, c’est totalement autre chose et à plus forte raison si nous voulons les résoudre de façon biblique…

Ce petit livre de 147 pages se lit facilement et rapidement. Les auteurs nous communiquent des points pragmatiques et bibliques sur la réconciliation pour nous aider à rétablir la paix lor
Travis
Dec 19, 2013 Travis rated it really liked it
In Resolving Everyday Conflict, Ken Sande and Kevin Johnson offer very biblical and very practical counsel for helping believers deal with life’s inevitable friction. Sande is well-known from his work with Peacemaker Ministries, and his skill is on display in this helpful little book.

Positives

Sande and Johnson make conflict resolution seem very simple. They helpfully call on readers to first focus on the glory of God and to repent of their own personal sin in the conflict before gently confro
Alexis Neal
Essentially a condensed version of Sande's excellent and well-known Peacemaker: A Biblical Guide to Resolving Personal Conflict. I'm not exactly sure why Sande felt the need to publish this particular volume, since the original book, while substantial (320 pages), was a fairly easy read. Perhaps there really was a need for a booklet sized adaptation of Sande's curriculum, but it ends up feeling like an attempt to drum up further sales for Sande.

This little volume, at 128 pages or just under thre
Mike Steinborn
A helpful and informative little book, although it suffers from a certain amount of sensationalism and superficiality, and sometimes a lack of logical flow. However this is likely due to the fact that it is just a short book, not an exhaustive study of the topic, and the authors needed to say things in a certain way (both in terms of content and structure) in order to grab interest and keep things moving along.

I thought the book could better have been entitled "Handling Conflict" because not all
Brian Eshleman
May 25, 2012 Brian Eshleman rated it really liked it
This was an interesting read around the time I read What It's like to Go to War, and I am updating their reviews at the same time.

Both writers see conflict as normal, inevitable, and able to build toward a larger purpose. Denial, on the other hand, only provides a temporary delay and makes the issues over which conflict arises even harder to deal with. This author's insistence on putting our relationship with the Lord at the heart of how we deal with human conflict, I think, provides a needed sh
Matthew Hodge
Nov 05, 2015 Matthew Hodge rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help, christian
This is a shorter version of Ken Sande's The Peacemaker, so if you've read that, then nothing will be particularly new.

By the same token, while a lot shorter, this book seemed to clarify and expand on some things which seemed less clear in the bigger book.

Either way, the principles of Christian peacemaking have been among some of the most life-changing concepts I have encountered in the last few years, and this book is a great introduction to the topic. Of course, the easy part is reading. The h
Matthew
Jul 08, 2012 Matthew rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A brilliant, easy to read summary of the key principles of 'The Peacemaker' that every person should read. Conflict is a natural part of life, so considering the place of God in our relationships, understanding forgiveness, thinking about when to overlook an offense, and considering the contribution we have made are just some of the important issues worth reflecting on through this book. There are enough stories thrown in to keep it interesting. Highly recommended if you want to get to the guts ...more
Dorothy Doyle
I would give this a minor star but if I could but don't see that as option. Definitely a Biblical approach to conflict. And probably a fine little outline of a simplistic approach to conflict.

BUT this book does not come close to acknowledging that there are times when resolution can't be pursued. That in domestic violence situations, for instance, it is DANGEROUS to rigorously follow the steps outlined in this little guide. I find it incredibly irresponsible to not add a note at the very least
Janice
Jun 03, 2016 Janice rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first time I've encountered anything by this author so I did not know what to expect. It is a solid gospel-based little book with some practical and biblical helps. It is certainly not exhaustive and does not cover more complicated conflicts. I didn't really learn anything new here. But for what it is, it's solid enough reading and does provide a bit of both encouragement and challenge to assess ourselves as believers when dealing with the lighter, common conflicts in our lives.

I li
Travis
Aug 01, 2015 Travis rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion
This is an unquestionably good book on the subject, but as it is basically an abridgment of the author's book The Peacemaker: A Biblical Guide to Resolving Personal Conflict, and as the omitted detail is very rich and beneficial, I generally recommend the latter instead.
Paul Leavitt
Oct 17, 2014 Paul Leavitt rated it really liked it
Short and sweet, Kevin Johnson gives a very biblical approach to resolving conflicts. He utilizes system to help the reader remember the steps of biblical resolution called "The Four G's." They are: Glorify God, Get the Log out of Your Own Eye, Gently Restore, and, Go and Be Reconciled. I'll have to go back and listen to this again when I'm in the midst of a conflict, as I know that more gems will come to the surface.
Adam Shields
May 07, 2012 Adam Shields rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short review: This is short, but very good. Practical advice for how to deal with conflict. Seeped in bible, but very focused on how to actually work through conflict. Would make a very good small group study. Free on christianaudio.com during the month of May 2012.

My review is on my blog at http://bookwi.se/resolving-everyday-c...
Annie Slagboom
Feb 09, 2014 Annie Slagboom rated it it was amazing
"Resolving Everyday Conflict" is a condensed version of "Peacemakers" by Ken Sande. It reads like a good topical review of "Peacemakers". The book is Christ centered and full of Biblical peacemaking through practical application.

If you like "Resolving Everyday Conflict" you might enjoy "Peacemakers"; especially if you like more of an academic approach.

Eric Black
Feb 05, 2016 Eric Black rated it liked it
Shelves: leadership, self-help
Resolving Everyday Conflict is a Christian and biblically-based approach to managing and preventing conflict in common situations. Those looking for a secular approach will not find it here.

The advice is generally practical and applicable to most situations.

The meat of the book is found in chapters 4-7.
Andrea
Jan 08, 2012 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Very good, clearly written about dealing with conflict in relationships whether personal or corporate. To Honor God and handle conflict on a personal level is a definite challenge... but this was a motivating read on how to bring resolution and how to handle it with grace and wisdom. Highly recommend this book for individuals, life coaches and small groups. Will probably reread it.
Andrew Canavan
This book is very brief and provides a helpful framework for dealing with conflict. Some of it is common sense and some of it is a restatement of biblical teaching, but it's a good tool to have to give to someone who needs a practical guide to working through conflict.
Jason Anspach
Aug 12, 2013 Jason Anspach rated it liked it
Shelves: theology, counseling
Some good instruction, but I didn't feel the title was particularly reflective of the content. Lots on conflict resolution in doctrine & theory, almost nothing on day to day issues/examples. Good, but not specialized as the title suggests.
Barbara
Jul 17, 2016 Barbara rated it really liked it
Everyone needs to read this book. Great advice for all types of personal conflicts. I highly recommend it
Priscilla Perez
Feb 10, 2013 Priscilla Perez rated it liked it
Good book to remind you how God teaches us to deal with conflict (step 1, Glorify God with ur actions).
Chuck
Jun 21, 2012 Chuck rated it really liked it
Great book for learning what the Bible says about how to handle conflict in a redemptive, helpful, and biblical fashion
Mark Nenadov
Mar 18, 2013 Mark Nenadov rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-living
A short, very helpful read. It is brief and condensed, so it is understandable that it may not always dig very deep and may suffer from oversimplification at a couple points.
Scott Hayden
Nov 15, 2015 Scott Hayden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everybody!
Recommended to Scott by: Karen Keller
Shelves: peacemaking
Kind of the "Readers Digest" version of The Peacemaker. But it has new illustrations and updated language. Easy and applicable. Everyone should read this.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Ministries of Mercy: The Call of the Jericho Road
  • Revise Us Again: Living from a Renewed Christian Script
  • The Ultimate Journey
  • Permission to Speak Freely: Essays and Art on Fear, Confession, and Grace
  • Paideia of God: & Other Essays on Education
  • Untamed: Reactivating a Missional Form of Discipleship (Shapevine)
  • Gospel-Centred Family
  • Date Your Wife
  • The Touch
  • Running Scared: Fear, Worry, and the God of Rest
  • The Shelter of God's Promises
  • The Faithful Parent: A Biblical Guide to Raising a Family
  • The Shepherd Leader: Achieving Effective Shepherding in Your Church
  • The Disciplines Of The Christian Life
  • What is the Mission of the Church?: Making sense of social justice, Shalom and the Great Commission
  • Grace Unplugged
  • What's Best Next: How the Gospel Transforms the Way You Get Things Done
  • The Unbreakable Boy: A Father's Fear, a Son's Courage, and a Story of Unconditional Love
Ken Sande is the founder of Peacemaker Ministries and president of a new ministry, Relational Wisdom 360. Trained as a mechanical engineer and lawyer, Ken is passionate about bringing the life-changing power of the gospel into the lives of Christians and their churches. He has used biblical peacemaking principles to minister to parties in hundreds of conflicts ranging from simple personal ...more
More about Ken Sande...

“What are you really living for? It's crucial to realize that you either glorify God, or you glorify something or someone else. You're always making something look big. If you don't glorify God when you're involved in a conflict, you inevitably show that someone or something else rules your heart.” 19 likes
“When you draw on God's grace to put off your self-centered attitudes and act on His principles, you put His glory on display. Your life points to His vast wisdom, compassion, and transforming power, and as you look for God's glory, the impact reaches far beyond yourself because you give everyone around you reason to respect and praise God. Glorifying God is not about letting others see how great you are. It's about letting them see how great the Lord is.” 14 likes