Start by marking “Shadowed Dreams: Womenas Poetry of the Harlem Renaissance” as Want to Read:
Shadowed Dreams: Womenas Poetry of the Harlem Renaissance

Shadowed Dreams: Womenas Poetry of the Harlem Renaissance

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Gathers poems by thirty-four Black women writers, and briefly discusses their role in the Harlem Renaissance.
Published September 1st 1989 by Rutgers University Press

To ask other readers questions about Shadowed Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadowed Dreams

Bridget Thrash
as a poet I was able to learn more about past techniques and common themes. as a black woman I felt as if I was walking with the women of my history. this collection was well put together and I met some new favorite powers through this book.
Kelly
Beautiful! I found poems to use in the classroom, poems to inspire my own poetry, and poems that just speak to me. I've never been one to sit down and read a book of poetry, but every poem in this book needed to be read.
courtney
excellent and expansive collection of women's poetry from the harlem renaissance. the introduction helps understand why so many of these voices were lost for so long and the subtle ways in which they challenged the mainstream.
S
So good glad to find these writers!
Ali
Ali added it
Nov 23, 2014
Elliott
Elliott marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Kaili
Kaili marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Adam
Adam marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
V.G. Grace
V.G. Grace marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
Louise  Tessier
Louise Tessier marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2013
Hilary
Hilary marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2013
LaToya Mack
LaToya Mack marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2012
Pia
Pia added it
Nov 09, 2012
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2012
Creating Rosie the Riveter: Class, Gender, and Propaganda during World War II Bitter Fruit: African American Women in World War II Breaking The Ties That Bind: Popular Stories of the New Woman, 1915 - 1930 The Job 'Madame Butterfly' and 'A Japanese Nightingale': Two Orientalist Texts by John Luther Long and Winnifred Eaton