Start by marking “Echo: The Last Day (Echo, #6)” as Want to Read:
Echo: The Last Day (Echo, #6)

Echo: The Last Day (Echo #6)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  236 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Deep underground in the frozen Alaskan Yukon, military leaders gather, preparing to test Alloy 618 through the Phi Super-Collider. But the alloy's inventor, Annie, was convinced such a test would destroy the earth. Now dead, Annie returns to life within Julie in a desperate race against time to guide her to the Collider and stop the test. The Last Day collects the final fi ...more
Paperback, First Edition, 104 pages
Published June 7th 2011 by Abstract Studios

To ask other readers questions about Echo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Echo

Fran
A slightly unsatisfying ending. I'd have liked just a little bit more. Ivy and Julie are both suddenly back to normal (just a little bit rejuvenated and a little bit taller respectively) and how the apocalypse was avoided is a little wishy-washy. Ah well. Perhaps the most frustrating thing though is not finding out what was in Julie's box. It was made to sound like some kind of sex thing, but I don't see why Julie's husband would've though that she was perverted so it must be something a little ...more
Amy
Huh. I stand by my original sentiment that this is a great series. Easy breezy reading, yet probing questions about the intersection of science, humanity, nature, etc. sprinkled throughout. I guess I should admit that I didn't understand exactly what happened there at the end (maybe it's kind of unclear on purpose?), but I don't really care all that much. I realize now that I'm really drawn to this type of stuff - high entertainment containing questions of our fundamental knowledge of ourselves ...more
Artemisa
I liked this series. This book I kind of hate and not because it is the last one.
I hate the ending. It doesn't feel like it ended. Nothing had consequence. It was a big run to a boom and then everything was back to normal (minus a secret military base or so)
Alan
Terry Moore shifts from romance to science fiction here (the romance isn;t completely gone) and in some ways Echo is a better read than Strangers in Paradise. He avoided dragging the story out, and he kept the science in his science fiction within the realm of possibility (I did not completely fact check him) and questioned the ethics of the situation. Super colliders are a hot issue with some people, and the the problem is whether the collider is being used for science, personal power, or war. ...more
Zedsdead
(view spoiler)

Hmm. This is the only volume of the series that I rated below 5. The dialogue sparkles, and Moore's art dazzles. But for the first time, I was disappointed plot-wise. The good guys had an absurdly easy time infiltrating a super-duper-ultra-secret government-funded remote site. They arrived in truly
Jdetrick
The ending is a little quick and leaves some questions unanswered, but it's generally a good wrap up to a great story.
Mirrordance
Terminata la serie rimango sul mio giudizio. Il tratto descrittivo dei personaggi rimane troppo omogeneo e sembra di avere gli stessi protagonisti di SIP, in questo ultimo episodio addirittura lo stesso nome e ruoli analoghi.
Mi aspettavo qualcosa di piu'dui un finale caotico e poco chiaro. Nell'insieme non entusiasmante e poco "sci-fi".
Daryl Nash
Moore's art, as always, is good, but the pseudo-science and literal Biblical tie-in finally got to me. Not to mention the handwavy finale where (view spoiler). Oh, and WTF, Strangers in Paradise cross-over--was that really necessary? In fact, this series was very reminiscent of the action/intrigue portions of SiP, which were my least favorite parts.
Jeff Raymond
A solid conclusion to a comic series I've loved for some time and kind of hate to see over. We don't see as much resolution to the mysteries as one would hope, and I was okay with that, which says something to the strength of this one. Looking forward to what Terry Moore has to say next.
Mike
End. Satisfying if a little too neat. Love the characters they became, and wish I could spend more time with them- learning, laughing, feeling sympathetic towards them.

Good series - well worth the effort. Comes easily, a story well told and well drawn. Can't wait to see the movie.
Penny Ramirez
I wavered over the fifth star - only backed off because I really wanted this series to continue! Julie's, Annie's, and Ivy's stories were so compelling. A decent wrap-up if a bit too hurried of an ending, but a satisfying (if unexplained) epilogue.
Greymalkin
A good ending, even if it was a bit hard to follow and felt a little anticlimactic. Perhaps I need to reread it to get the subtleties of what was going on. But the characters were great and I really liked the interactions and epilogue.
Tammy
I still want to know what's in the secret box, and I'd like a little more of Ivy, but Moore's conclusion to this fascinating story is powerful and thoughtful.
Chris
Overall I mostly enjoyed it, although it left me with quite a few questions. The first and most important being, "What the hell actually happened?"
RogueHireling
Terry Moore's wife must be an incredible woman. I can only imagine since this is yet another fabulous ode to womanhood. Bravo.
syrin
Huh... that ending was a bit of a letdown, but the series as a whole is still a great read.
Jason
Good end to the series. Really the only way it could end.
Nick Riemondi
My only complaint is that the series had to end.
Starr Daphne
This is a great book
Shaunette
Shaunette marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
  • Queen and Country: The Definitive Edition, Vol. 2
  • Madame Xanadu, Vol. 3: Broken House of Cards
  • Incognito, Vol. 2: Bad Influences
  • Saga #24
  • Alias, Vol. 1
  • Air, Volume 2: Flying Machine
  • Mai: The Psychic Girl - Perfect Collection, Volume 1 (Mai: The Psychic Girl, #1)
  • Invincible, Vol. 14: The Viltrumite War
  • Hack/Slash: My First Maniac
  • Scalped, Vol. 7: Rez Blues
  • Illyria : haunted
  • The Sixth Gun, Vol. 2: Crossroads
  • Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey (Superman (DC Comics))
  • The Legend of Mother Sarah: Tunnel Town
Following the examples of independent comic creators such as Dave Sim and Jeff Smith, he decided to publish Strangers in Paradise himself through his own Houston-based "Abstract Studios" imprint, and has frequently mentioned a desire to do a syndicated cartoon strip in the authors notes at the back of the Strangers in Paradise collection books. He has also mentioned his greatest career influence i ...more
More about Terry Moore...

Echo (6 books)
  • Echo, Volume 1: Moon Lake
  • Echo: Atomic Dreams (Echo, #2)
  • Echo: Desert Run (Echo, #3)
  • Echo: Collider (Echo, #4)
  • Echo: Black Hole (Echo, #5)
Strangers in Paradise, Pocket Book 1 Runaways, Vol. 9: Dead Wrong (Runaways, #9) Strangers In Paradise, Pocket Book 2 Rachel Rising, Volume 1: The Shadow of Death The Complete Strangers in Paradise, Volume 1