Start by marking “Anne Perry's Christmas Vigil: Two Victorian Holiday Mysteries (Christmas Stories, #7-8)” as Want to Read:

Anne Perry's Christmas Vigil: Two Victorian Holiday Mysteries (Christmas Stories #7-8)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  95 ratings  ·  10 reviews
IN THESE TWO HOLIDAY MYSTERIES SET IN VICTORIAN LONDON, CHRISTMAS COMES WITH A HELPING OF MAGIC AND MURDER.

A CHRISTMAS PROMISE

Three days before Christmas, in London’s East End, thirteen-year-old Gracie Phipps encounters eight-year-old Minnie Maude Mudway, freezing and alone. Only the day before, someone murdered Minnie Maude’s Uncle Alf and made off with his rag-and-bones
Published (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Anne Perry's Christmas Vigil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anne Perry's Christmas Vigil

eyes.2c
...once more Perry's Christmas wisdom shines!
in A Christmas Promise, a lost donkey points the way to absolution.
in A Christmas Odyssey:
again we meet Squeaky Robinson in a Christmas story. How fitting a character for the season of change, the heralding of hope and peace.
Squeaky is helping Oliver Rathbone's father Henry find the son of a friend. Squeaky calls on Crow for help. Their search takes them into the bowels of London, through the nastiest of brothels and opium dens. They find Lucien Wentw
Hapzydeco
Anne Perry’s description of the hard life in Victorian England coupled with universal expectations for Christmas season makes these holiday mysteries a worthwhile read.
Pam
Her Christmas stories are short, sometimes a little too somber or depressing, but I enjoy reading about the minor characters from her other series.
Rosemary
Hmmmm. I'm feeling rather cheated.

This year's entry into Anne Perry's Christmas mysteries series is in fact 1 short novella from 2009 I hadn't read, and a longer one that I read last year!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I really would rather they'd skipped a year than recycled without being clear about it. I specifically saved this book to enjoy now, and find myself rather grumpy. Not the way I wanted to end the year.

Briansmom
Really enjoyed these two mysteries in one by Anne Perry. Made me very interested in her Monk series; thought I am reading her series on Charlotte and Thomas Pitt, haven't read the Monk series but I will begin to look for these. Love these Dickensian Christmas stories!
Shawna Hansen
Loved both stories, but "A Christmas Odyssey" and the journey into the bowels of hell (London underground) was, for me, a knockout. Loved the ending to "A Christmas Promise" and glad Charlie to see how things went with Charlie.
Maddy
I'm not going to lie, I only read the first story of this 2 story set -- I couldn't get into the 2nd one. The first story was good but the ending a little abrupt.
Cindy
Had already read the first story, A Christmas Promise, but wanted to read the second, A Christmas Odyssey.
Manju
liked the way gracie and minnie's story was told. didn't like the second one
Janie  R.
I had a really hard time getting into this 2 stories.
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Nicholas D'Agostino III
Nicholas D'Agostino III marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Renee
Renee added it
Jan 23, 2015
Angieleigh
Angieleigh marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Shirley Aydlett
Shirley Aydlett marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Ligia
Ligia marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Veronika.c
Veronika.c marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Mary Beckman
Mary Beckman is currently reading it
Dec 21, 2014
Louise Ann Simon
Louise Ann Simon marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Ayny
Ayny marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Anne Perry (born Juliet Hulme) is a British historical novelist.

Juliet took the name "Anne Perry", the latter being her stepfather's surname. Her first novel, The Cater Street Hangman, was published under this name in 1979. Her works generally fall into one of several cate
More about Anne Perry...

Christmas Stories (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • A Christmas Journey (Christmas Stories, #1)
  • A Christmas Visitor (Christmas Stories, #2)
  • A Christmas Guest (Christmas Stories, #3)
  • A Christmas Secret (Christmas Stories, #4)
  • A Christmas Beginning (Christmas Stories, #5)
  • A Christmas Grace (Christmas Stories, #6)
  • A Christmas Promise (Christmas Stories, #7)
  • A Christmas Odyssey (Christmas Stories, #8)
  • A Christmas Homecoming (Christmas Stories, #9)
  • A Christmas Garland (Christmas Stories #10)
The Face of a Stranger (William Monk, #1) The Cater Street Hangman (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #1) Callander Square (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #2) A Dangerous Mourning (William Monk, #2) Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)