Start by marking “Secrets of Midnight (Regency Men of Their Dreams Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Secrets of Midnight (Regency Men of Their Dreams Series, #1)

Secrets of Midnight (The Man Of My Dreams #1)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  517 ratings  ·  45 reviews
Two best friends make a secret pact to not wed anyone less than the men of their dreams in Miriam Minger's THE MAN OF MY DREAMS SERIES, Secrets of Midnight and My Runaway Heart!

SECRETS OF MIDNIGHT - If Lord Donovan Trent had his way, he would spend his days carelessly wooing the women of London society. Instead, he found himself banished to the English countryside of Corn
Published November 6th 2010 by Walker Publishing (first published October 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets of Midnight

Donna
I enjoy Miriam Minger's writing. Her books are well written and the characters are usually well developed. In this book I got tired of the arguing and fighting between Corisande and Donovan. The story line was interesting and kept you reading but the arguing got distracting and took away from the developing romance.

If Lord Donovan Trent had his way, he would spend his days carelessly wooing the women of London society. Instead, he found himself banished to the English countryside of Cornwall, fo
Frankiejohnny
I agree with another reviewer on here named "Donna". The book is well written and the characters are well developed, but in this book the continual arguing was distracting, and took away from the romance. I did not feel connected to the Heroine, but the Hero, Donovan, was very likable.
Kyra Dunst
I love historical romances that start with a business arrangement for marriage that ends up being more. Corie is a spitfire woman with a terrible temper, but she is not match for Lord Donovan. Donovan doesn't want a bride, but he needs his inheritance and won't get it unless he weds. When he coerced Corie to marry him within minutes of meeting her, there is little hope of the relationship starting off peacefully. Add in smugglers, death threats, and both of them fighting their attraction for eac ...more
Marilyn
This story wore me out. the couple was always fighting. ALWAYS!.
Kath
Once again another great story from Miriam Minger,that kept me reading into the early hours. Set in Cornwall, we meet Corisande the oldest of the vicar's three daughters. A wonderfull young women she is, at 12yrs old when her mother died she stepped into the role of helping her father in the Parish. Corie would do anything to help those less fortunate than herself,she is so caring and woe betide anyone she finds mistreating others, for she has one heck of a fiery temper.

Lord Donovan arrives to t
Kay Bolton
May 16, 2013 Kay Bolton rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Historical Romance Fans
Regency Men on Their Dreams Series: Book 1

Description:

Banished to the English countryside in order to run the family mines and settle down with a sensible wife, playboy Lord Donovan Trent is amazed when Corisande Easton arrives to confront him about mistreating his workers.

Product Details:

I snapped this one up as a free Kindle download back in February 2013, at the time of writing this post it is still available for free HERE.

* * * * *

Summary:

Corrie was a fabulous and feisty virago of a Heroine,
Gaby
Posted at Oh My Books!

When I Secrets of Midnight free from amazon, I couldn't let the opportunity pass. I like historical romances, and I enjoyed this book.

Lord Donovan Trent is being forced to marry a country bride by his father's will, and he just need a bride who doesn't mind to be temporary.

Corie can be his bride. She takes this opportunity to protect the local overworked man by agreeing to be his wife for a few weeks, but none of them expected to fall in love.

I liked Donovan and Corie as a
Sally Hannoush
A hotheaded woman and a goal-seeking Lord come to an agreement that benefits them both. Little did they know how much the arrangement changes them. I loved seeing this story unfold reaching the final destination (for now.) I do still wonder if the object they went to retrieve went well. The behavior of the eccentric father had good reason and was shocked to find out what it was. This also gave a wonderful opening to the next book.
Erin Lauer
This was my first romance novel, so I was unsure of what to expect. I enjoyed the English countryside setting and the world built around the minor characters.I thought that it was well-written for the topic and was a quick, enjoyable read. I was also glad to see that attention was paid to the character development and plot and was not simply a dressing for the romance scenes.
Milena's Book Corner
This historical romance was nothing special. Donovan, is a very likeable and believable character. Corisande on the other hand, grrr, she really annoyed me. The unprovoked rage was just over the top and many a times I just wanted to reach out and whack her one. Also, I read this story on my kindle and came across numerous spelling errors.
Layla
The plot is fast paced, with secrets, smugglers, danger and intrigue, but also laced with humour - creating a wonderful balance and rewarding read.

Corie is a fiery local girl and daughter of the vicar. She dedicates her life to helping those less fortunate than herself. She is passionate about her cause, fearless when faced with danger and hot tempered.

Donovan appears to be yet another London rake, but he is anything but that. His depth is slowly revealed as the story progresses and Corie grudgi
Arlene Kellas
A lovely love story. Most of these stories either the man or woman goes unwilling searching for their love. They don't make a business arrangement to be we'd just to get their inheritance. Here is where the heart comes in and throws best laid plans to the wind.
Rachel
This was an enjoyable read, the two lead characters had great chemistry. The plot is good and moves at a fairly quick pace.

There is a second book in the series following Corie's friend Lindsay which I think I will be reading next.
Tricia
This book gave me an ear ache. I felt like the heroine was shouting at me throughout the book, I just wanted her to shut up.

But take heart, this author has other books that is a little more peaceful, and worth reading.

Kristina Smith
Fans of historical romance should enjoy this book. A beautiful maiden, a tall, dark and handsome Lord, piracy and intrique - all the elements to make an enjoyable read. I look forward to the next book in the series.
Amy
I liked the plot but wasn't sure where characters appeared from at certain points in the story. Older teenagers can relate to the feelings of the female protagonist-an interesting read.
Virginia
The heroine is just horrible. A termagant. A shrew. She is wretched. The hero is great but geez! All that apologizing to a woman who is clearly crazy. Lame lame lame
Amy
easy and fast read with a predictable plot line but overall I enjoyed the story of two compassionate people coming together under less than perfect conditions.
Emily
Sep 10, 2012 Emily rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adult Women
Recommended to Emily by: ebook on Amazon
What a great historical romance. I thoroughly enjoyed the plot and the characters.

Miriam Minger is certainly a great storyteller with a lot of talent. I was hooked from page one.

I'm certainly looking forward to reading more from this author.

Secrets of Midnight was a well balanced romance full of of love, laughter, sadness, adventure, and seduction.

Patricia
Loved it! 5 stars. Review soon to come.
Shahla F
It was really funny!
Kbee
350 pages or so/
Zoe
Just what you expect,from a Miriam Minger book. Classy and attentive to detail with a good solid story and incredible writing. Its concise and to the point, every word has purpose without fluffing for the sake of word count. Characters offer deapth and quirks that you instantly feel a connection to, as well as some interfering sub characters that only compliment and enhance. A love story at heart, with crime and suspense to keep it entertaining. Huge fan, love these books a lot x.
Linda
Average read tho not something that I would re read. I found the romance btwn the H/H somewhat lacking. The heroine dislikes (or makes herself dislike) the hero all the way upto the end due to a misconception that he is a useless, unworthy cad. Thought the whole enemy to lovers thing could have been written better. I like more romance vs enmity. Characters were interesting enough. Just my personal take that I would have liked more of a romance btwn the H/H.
Joni
I am a big fan of this author and I have loved every book that I have read by her. This book was a really good book but the at parts I wanted to just smack the heroine and cheer for the hero because he put up with her. The character development and the plot was really well written. All in all this was a good read and I am really looking forward to reading the sequel.
Georgiana
Can we agree that the plot is pretty ridiculous? But that's not generally the point about historical romances, and this one gets the key thing right - the developing relationship between H & h. Some tart dialogue (the heroine is perhaps just a little too angry all the time), and a decent sense of place (Cornwall) make this a most enjoyable read.
Monique
I enjoy the stories Miriam writes. The characters are well developed, nice attitudes, quirky, and easily related to. During her stories I can't seem to pull myself out of the movie playing in my head. Will continue to read works by this author.
Kristin
This was a great book for a great price on kindle. I have really enjoyed most of Miriam Mingers books. Even though they have some graphic love scenes I don't find her books cheesy they are really good stories with a touch of humor.
Julia
It was our heroine who turned me off to this one, I just couldn't keep reading Corisande's violent swings of emotion. I could see The Big Secret looming, and just didn't have the energy to get to it.
  • Taffeta and Hotspur
  • No Place for a Lady (Regency Rags to Riches, #1)
  • The Beauty Bride (Jewels of Kinfairlie, #1)
  • What Wild Moonlight
  • Lady Iona's Rebellion
  • A Knight's Temptation (Knight's, #3)
  • Lady Star (Sir Edward Series, #2)
  • Rogue's Honor (The Saint Of Seven Dials, #1)
  • Fireblossom
  • Texas Outlaw
  • Lynna's Rogue (Tropical Paradise Series Book One)
  • Her Wicked Ways (Secrets & Scandals #1)
  • The Pirate and the Puritan
  • Sea Scoundrel (Knave of Hearts #1)
  • Twice a Rake
  • Never a Mistress, No Longer a Maid (Kellington, #1)
  • The Wild One (The de Montforte Brothers, #1)
  • Duke of Deception

Miriam Minger's first novel Twin Passions was called "A fabulous debut!" by Romantic Times. Since then, Miriam has swept readers into her unforgettable historical romances with her strong, forceful heroes and fiery heroines. She is the winner of several Reviewer's Choice Awards--including Best Medieval Historical Romance of the Year Award from Romantic Times for The Pagan's Prize--and
More about Miriam Minger...

The Man Of My Dreams (2 books)
  • My Runaway Heart
Wild Angel (The O'Byrne Brides, Book One) Twin Passions A Hint of Rapture Defiant Impostor Captive Rose

“surprised when she refused to accept” 0 likes