Start by marking “The Ten Challenges: Spiritual Lessons from the Ten Commandments for Creating Meaning, Growth, and Richness Every Day of Your Life” as Want to Read:

Book by Felder, Leonad
Published March 1st 2004 by Sheffield Publishing Company (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Ten Challenges, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ten Challenges

Sarah Wilson
Jun 18, 2010 Sarah Wilson rated it it was amazing
Fabulous book, updating the Ten Commandments from "Commandments" to every day challenges, things we can all relate to and work on, no matter what religion/spiritual path/belief you have. Will use this book for the rest of my life.
Paula Roper
Dec 15, 2010 Paula Roper rated it it was amazing
This book was life changing for me, and for everyone I have shared it with. Thank you Leonard Felder!
Patrick
Nov 09, 2012 Patrick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Great book. Makes the commandments real and relevant for modern living.
Serena
Apr 05, 2013 Serena rated it it was ok
Shelves: christian
I only read the intro and first chapter (which is rare for me), so feel free to take this review with a grain of salt. This book does not contain "Spiritual Lessons from the Ten Commandments" as the subtitle advertises, but rather a psychologist's analysis of them. The first chapter is almost entirely comprised of book suggestions for different religions (including one- to two-paragraph reviews of each) and examples using the author's patients. It only briefly mentions the original Hebrew, ...more
John Hawkins
Apr 08, 2016 John Hawkins rated it it was amazing
I bought this book for seminary and had low expectations thinking that it may be pop religious. I was surprised. The handling of each commandment is much deeper and much related to today than I expected. All of this without losing connection to its original intent. Each commandment looks at the ancient Hebrew definition. Also, my inner voice for the ten Commandments was a booming voice "Thou Shalt Not...." The voice now is moderate and calm. The Commandments are not just a throwback to the iron ...more
Janet
Nov 20, 2009 Janet rated it it was amazing
This book shows us how to create a more meaningful life by looking at the inner meaning of the Ten Commandments and applying them to our everyday lives. We wrote a paper on one chapter per month in our Interfaith seminary, as well as did a spiritual practice based on it for that month.
Tara Outman
Tara Outman rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2016
Mindy
Mindy rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2012
Mike
Mike rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2009
Shula Colleen
Shula Colleen rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2015
Pierre Akouete
Pierre Akouete rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2010
Sue
Sue rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2015
Joel
Joel rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2008
Michelle Hough
Michelle Hough rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2016
Gail Loyd
Gail Loyd rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2014
Anne
Anne rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Ted Roper
Ted Roper rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2015
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2012
Jennifer Willis
Jennifer Willis rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2011
Dave
Dave rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2012
T. Mckinley
T. Mckinley rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2013
Robert Ferrell
Robert Ferrell rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2014
Donna Rea
Donna Rea rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
Zephrene
Zephrene rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2007
Patrick
Patrick rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2012
Deborah
Deborah rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2015
Judy
Judy rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2016
Kimberly Cope
Kimberly Cope rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2014
Chris Turner
Chris Turner rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2012
Tom Murphy
Tom Murphy rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2011