Start by marking “The New Avengers Hardcover Collection Vol. 7” as Want to Read:
The New Avengers Hardcover Collection Vol. 7

The New Avengers Hardcover Collection Vol. 7 (The New Avengers Hardcover Collection #7)

As the New Avengers chafe under Norman Osborn's Dark Reign, one of the Hood's gang discovers a way to negate the heroes' powers - turning the tide of battle in a single shocking instant. Which Avenger suffers a debilitating injury during the clash, and are the others willing to turn to their newest nemesis to save their teammate's life? Then, Steve Rogers is back - but he ...more
Published September 21st 2011 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about The New Avengers Hardcover Collection Vol. 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Avengers Hardcover Collection Vol. 7

Aaron
Dec 12, 2014 Aaron rated it really liked it
I put this book down legitimately sad that Bendis's original New Avengers run was over. Even though I know he starts a new one after this, it felt like this volume completely wrapped up all the loose threads leftover from this stellar, universe-shaping run, and I was actually touched by the big, reminiscent spreads that closed out the New Avengers Finale issue at the end of all this.

While this final book maybe doesn't feel quite as important and team-based as previous volumes, it still has some
Shelley
Jul 01, 2015 Shelley rated it really liked it
3.5? Big long story (vol 7/7, so I skipped a lot) about the New Avengers (Clint as Ronin, Bobbi, Luke, Jessica J, Jessica Drew, Carol, Peter Parker and Bucky Cap) fighting against Norman Osborn's rule and hitting the end of their ropes. I loved seeing Luke and Jessica Jones in action, and managed to keep the thread of the plot pretty well for having missed a lot of set up. I liked seeing them fight together, and fight well. I really felt for Clint, desperate to make it end but going about it ...more
Parsons Parsons
Mar 24, 2013 Parsons Parsons rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
The Marvel Super hero Registration Act was the cause of a civil war between the government and costumed super beings. The final battle in this war saw the death of Captain America and the breakup of the Avengers, This is the story of the end of the Super Hero Registration Act and the return of Captain America to the pantheon of Marvel heroes.

The novel is a mash-up of several books and events, the story suffers from this choice. Very little time was spent on the Fall of Asgard and Thor's role in
Angelya (Tea in the Treetops)
I'm a big Avengers fan these days, so I picked this huge hardback up at the library. It's a little way along the 'New Avengers' story though, so I felt like I was missing major parts of the story. Where is Iron Man? Why are half the Avengers on the other side, and some are different people to who they used to be? Questions aside, the story was exciting, and the artwork beautiful. I'll be seeking out previous parts of the story to fill in the gaps, though.
David
Bendis never fails to deliver! My only criticism, and it is a slight one, is that the plot seems to resolve itself a tad too quickly and neatly. Loose ends were tied up, villains put back in their place, heroes preached sermons all a little too conveniently. But a great story line nonetheless. I am discovering that my love for ensemble cast storylines is growing every day.
Dean Olson
Mar 17, 2012 Dean Olson rated it really liked it
This book deals with effects of Osbourne's Reign, Steve Rogers Return, and Siege. Plus more stuff with The Hood.
Evan
Evan rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2014
Collin Grooms
Collin Grooms rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2012
Scott Bryan
Scott Bryan rated it it was ok
Aug 23, 2016
Mark
Mark rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2014
Kate
Kate rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2016
Stuart
Stuart rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2011
Alex Clarkson
Alex Clarkson rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2015
Nick James
Nick James rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2015
Jeroen Van
Jeroen Van rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2014
Audrey Hacker
Audrey Hacker rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2012
Scratch
Scratch rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2011
Gilberto Mariscal
Gilberto Mariscal rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2013
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2012
richard
richard rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2011
Will Cooper
Will Cooper rated it really liked it
May 04, 2014
Trent Vactor
Trent Vactor rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2013
Sonia
Sonia rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2015
Memphis Evans
Memphis Evans rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2013
Steven Matview
Steven Matview rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2013
Eli Maher
Eli Maher rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2014
Matt Poole
Matt Poole rated it really liked it
May 28, 2013
Marshall Ruddock
Marshall Ruddock rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2012
Coleman Concannon
Coleman Concannon rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2013
Gavin Foo
Gavin Foo rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2013

More about Brian Michael Bendis...

The New Avengers Hardcover Collection (7 books)
  • The New Avengers Hardcover Collection Vol. 1