The Virgin and the Playboy (1 Night Stand, #2)

The Virgin and the Playboy (1NightStand #2)

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  237 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Julie, accidental virgin, has waited longer than she ever planned to lose her virginity and join everyone else she knows in dating reality. Embarrassed at her plight, she has made arrangements with 1NightStand.com to meet with a handsome stranger for one night of no commitment required sexuality, without having to admit she'd never made love before.

Mark is the one single g...more
Published March 18th 2011 by Decadent Publishing (first published March 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Virgin and the Playboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Virgin and the Playboy

Denise~The Procrastinating Book Diva~
The goods were here for a great One Night Stand - Mark was gorgeous in an arrogant way that actually worked, Julie was innocently sexy, and their chemistry was palpable - but it just never came together. The reasons both of them sought out Madame Evangeline's services were absolutely absurd, even for erotic fiction!! A playboy who has his pick of women to sleep with is cornered and dared by his buddies and a virgin who is "inconvenienced and embarrassed by her hymen" ( I could not have made this...more
Penny Watson
My reading slump continued last week with The Virgin and the Playboy by Kate Richards. This was a quick read, but the premise was so ridiculous, the book crashed and burned for me. In theory (it's bad when I start a sentence that way), this had potential to be a good concept for a story. A woman (Julie) tired of still being a virgin decides to hire a company to de-flower her. The company doesn't actually de-flower her, an escort sent by the company is supposed to de-flower her. (Of course the co...more
DGS
I swear. I should know better than to read these novellas and expect the HEA that I want! Damn it. If you've EVER read any of my reviews, you know that more often than not I need that confirmation that everything all worked out. Even though I know they got their happily ever after - I need PROOF!! I need it spelled out for me in black and white. I can't just be expected to use my own imagination to picture how everything plays out AFTER the last page! I mean - I'm the READER! I have to use MY im...more
Tya's
It's a nice short story.

Telling about Julia who had waiting so long to lose her virginity and use a 1NightStand service to help her.

The books is great, how could she pretend that she had experience but her motion told she hadn't?

I always laugh in that part.
JoAnne Kenrick
This book should come with a warning -- cold shower needed after reading! Hawt? You betcha! And Kate's descriptive writing is 100% the reason for how hot this book is. This definitely comes under the hot-little-quickie-that-will-have-you-quivering genre!
Mariana Bezerra
My Thoughts:

A very well written short story. I usually don’t like when there’s only few pages on a book but this one was a bit addictive and I was actually looking forward to the end and to find out if they were going to be together. Crazy right?

This was a good surprise. Julie wanted to have what every other girl does, a normal sexual life the only problem for her is her virginity. So she hires a company specialized in dates as the said 1 Night Stand.com.

Mark is a normal guy who dates a lot, and...more
Marlene
Originally published at Reading Reality

Did the heroines have to be virgins? Really? I ask you?

It's like this. I found a promo email from Decadent Publishing about the latest 1Night Stand titles while I was in the airport last week, and The Virgin and the Best Man looked irresistible. Well, my resistance was down. Waking up at 5 am to catch a plane will do that to me.

The 1Night Stand series is a not-so-secret vice, and the heroine is a librarian. (But still, virgin? Never mind.) As the sequel to...more
Carla-Book Monster Reviews
I liked this story a lot. It was short, sweet and super spicy!!

Mark is a playboy and the last single guy in his group of friends. His friends dare him to set up a date on 1NightStand.com.

Julia is tired of being a virgin and trying to find "Mr. Right" to lose her virginity to, so she sets up a date with 1NightStand.

When Mark and Julia meet the sparks fly and the chemistry is hot. Mark is not used to being with a woman like Julia and is taken with her from the start. Julia is nervous but determi...more
Delphina
I had been reading stories from this series as I found them before I realized there was an order. Basically, I am late to the game on this one. What a fun and enjoyable contemporary read. Once again, Madame Eve weaves her magic and connects two people who would have never found each other on their own. The characters were easy to like and their chemistry together was sizzling. I absolutely loved the last paragraph. It really showed the spirit of this series, which is so much more than a 1 night...more
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
If I had to use just one word to describe this tale it would be YUMMY. The interaction between Mark and Julia is electrifying. I could practically taste the sexual tension that was building between the two characters. The sex itself was hot enough that my eBook reader pretty much fogged up with all the steam these two were giving off. The way the story ends allowed me to see that while it could have been just a one night stand tale without any emotions, Ms. Richards made it far more than that.

D...more
Diane Alberts
I thought the characters were very real and delightful. I love that a jaded playboy can be taken down by a delightful, real woman.

And, it does happen in real life, as well. How many times do we see Hollywood stars marry ordinary, plain people, after all. And, they are usually the ones who last!

And loved the end.

All around love for this book.
ies
Oct 18, 2013 ies rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: eroro
masih dgn ke kepo-an nyari si madame eve, sampe di buku ke 2 series #1NightStand

yah.. too good to be true lah biasa, heroinenya yg emang niatnya mo ngelepasin v nya aja, trus si hero yg ganteng maksimal dan kaya maksimal tdk bisa melepaskannya... #trekdungdung

si Eve masih di sebut nama doang... *melangkah gontai*
WOW!! I wish I could have lost my virginity that way!! I don't want to spoil the story, so it makes the 1NS series difficult to write a semi-decent review for.

If you want a steamy read, then read them!! ALL of them!!
April
Not just a wham bam story. It had unexpected depth and plenty of steam!
Funzee Shu
Ceritanya manis....
Meski kelewat singkat !!!
Sari
Oct 07, 2013 Sari rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: eroro
Untuk tipe cerita singkat lumayan lah, cukup untuk disukai.
Cocktails and Books

Steamy novel
Brenda
Waaayy too short!!
Dorcas
Dorcas marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Puspa
Puspa marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Brigette Roussel
Brigette Roussel marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Dian Hayati
Dian Hayati marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Laura added it
Sep 11, 2014
  • To Feel Again (1 Night Stand, #1)
  • Takedown (1 Night Stand, #13)
  • Cinderella Wore Combat Boots (1 Night Stand, #31)
  • Sweet Irish Kiss (Irish Kisses, #1)
  • Play Me (Steele Brothers Trilogy, #2; 1Night Stand, #98)
  • Amber Moon (Prides of the Moon, #1)
  • Once Her Man, Always Her Man (Always a Marine, #1; 1Night Stand, #99)
  • Lipstick on his Collar
  • Her Little White Lie
  • Jillian's Master (Club Esoteria, #5)
  • Position Secured
  • The Greek's Forced Bride
  • The Thrill of the Chase (Temptation In Texas, #2)
  • A Night of Living Dangerously (Mills & Boon Modern)
  • Bear It All
  • Arabian Pearl (Brothers of the Absinthe Club, #1)
  • Power Play (Black and White Collection, #5)
  • The Wolf Within (Alpine Woods Shifters, #3)
Kate Richards lives in sunny Southern California with the wonderful husband she met online over a decade ago and a menagerie of quirky pets.She divides her time betwen the beach and the beautiful High Sierras. Kate loves hearing from readers!
More about Kate Richards...
Spanking Ms. Whitman Madame Eve’s Gift (1 Night Stand, #70) Two Men and a Virgin (1 Night Stand Series) Virgin Under Ground Two Men (1Night Stand Series)