Start by marking “Blind Faith (Caitlyn Tierney FBI Thriller, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blind Faith (Caitlyn Tierney FBI Thriller, #1)

Blind Faith ( Caitlyn Tierney FBI Thriller #1)

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  1,535 ratings  ·  145 reviews
When her husband and son are murdered, she thought she'd lost it all. But for Sarah Durandt the nightmare is just beginning... Her search for truth leads her to a trail of lies and unearths a killer. In a race to save everything she holds dear, Sarah is forced to place her faith in the man who betrayed her"?her husband.
Published September 19th 2010 by Lyons, CJ (first published July 31st 212)

To ask other readers questions about Blind Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Faith

Melora
The best thing I can say about this book is that it was a quick read. (Also, I only paid 99 cents for it on Kindle, thankfully.) Now, for the rest of what I'd like to say: this book was juvenile, poorly written, and poorly edited (spelling and grammatical errors being the minor infractions). I will never read another book by this author because I am now thoroughly convinced that she is a total moron.

That is all. Do yourself a favor and don't get tempted by the low price tag and the glowing revie
Jane Stewart
1 ½ stars. Author “tells” not “shows.” No depth. Mostly action scenes. It was a struggle to read. I wanted it to be over.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
The problem with this story is the author’s style or method. There is too much “telling” not “showing.” When a character does something, I want to be in his head. I want to hear his thoughts, feelings, and then his words. This book is like watching a movie, seeing a character’s action and only hearing conversation when speaking to another. One example is a b
Keri
Awesome read! Sometimes when you go into a new series, you have preconceived notions that you are just going to read the same ole thing. But CJL really blew my preconceptions away! This was an awesome read as Sarah struggles at the two year mark of losing her husband and son, to a serial killer....or did she?? If you like suspense and haven't read CJL, this is a good book to start with.
Dee
This was a good mystery. very interesting and a quick read. Read it on my kindle for 99 cents. Thanks to my Aunt Theresa for the recommendation.

CJ Lyons' romantic thrillers have been described as "the perfect blend of romance and suspense" by New York Times Bestseller Sandra Brown.

National Bestseller, award-winning suspense author CJ Lyons pushes the boundaries defining romance and suspense once again in BLIND FAITH.

Sara L.
I was roped into this by Amazon. It was a related read from when they reeled me in on another...plus it was just $.99! Anyway, I couldn't put it down.

I knew something was a little "off" when Caitlyn thought Hal's "sugar substitute" tasted bitter. I don't normally pick up on stuff like that, but I was glad to find out later I was right!

Other reviewers have commented that the story is unrealistic. To me, that's kind of the point of books like this. However unrealistic the premise of the book, th
विकास   नैनवाल
Blind Faith is fast paced, highly entertaining thriller which would keep the readers hooked to it. I really recommend it to the thrillers fans.Sarah Durandt husband and child were killed by a psychopathic serial killer.Although it had been two years to their death their bodies were never discovered. and her her hope of finding theirs bodies dies when Damian Wright the killer gets executed without revealing the site of graves of her familySarah returns home to her small town of Hopewell and vows ...more
Kaci
Extremely predictable. I had difficulty getting over the fact that the main character (during a crucial plot point) came to the same earth-shattering conclusion about something three separate times in a five page span, and each time was as though it was the first time she had thought it. Someone's editor didn't proof read very well!
J.R.
It was very easy to put this book down, and difficult to pick it back up. I think it took me a month to read it. Very predictable, and repetitive. I was disappointed.
Kathy Davie
First in the Caitlyn Tierney suspense series revolving around a damaged FBI agent. Events take place in Hopewell, New York, up in the mountains.

My Take
It's betrayals within betrayals and some of 'em just don't make sense. Others are so deeply hidden it's mindblowing. Then there are the facts which just don't make sense. I mean, if Sam can be coming around and spying on Sarah, why can't he retrieve the money and grab his wife and get outta Dodge? Then they compound the idiocy by rushing about lik
Maryam
All that was missing, is for a dog to leap in & have a bite out of crime! My low rating is due to the normality of the novel. It was flat! I've read worse but then again I can't complain I bought it for $0.99
A woman spends 2 years believing both her husband & son dead, the convicted killer confessed to the killing but won't tell her where her buried them!
I guess because I've read many thrillers that this didn't impress me at all.
Kathy Ridge
Got this for 99 cents on Kindle so my expectations were low - this was a good fast read - unrealistic plot and fast moving none the less. The plot was better than characters up until the end when the plot unraffles into a finish that's unbelievable. Still I'd pass this along for beach reading or to have on hand during a stressful time when you just need some unchallenging mind occupation.
Knit Spirit
Sarah a perdu son mari et son fils, assassinés par un tueur en série, mais leurs corps n’ont jamais été retrouvés. Elle espère beaucoup qu’avant sa condamnation à mort l’assassin lui révèle enfin où il a caché les corps mais il n’en fait rien. C’est donc avec obstination qu’elle retourne dans la montagne où ils ont disparu pour tenter de les retrouver et faire son deuil. Parallèlement à cela, l’enquêtrice qui avait mené l’enquête sur le double meurtre apprend un élément qui va bouleverser les ch ...more
Jaime

Two years ago, Sarah Durandt lost her husband Sam and son Josh to a psychopathic murderer.
A few weeks ago, she watched him received a lethal injection.

Now she has conflicted feelings about her lawyer, Alan…and he sure has some conflicting feelings about her.
An FBI agent, Caitlyn, comes into play after being out of Sarah's life for almost 2 years. She's uncovered some suspicious information about Sam and the son of a Russian Mafia head named Korsakov.
Sarahs friend, Hal may be caught up
Bet Lantaff
This is my first read for this author and I really enjoyed it. The pace is quick and the suspense is high. At one point I almost couldn't keep up with the pace of the book. Lyons interweaves 2 plots into 1 book and makes it work well together. This is a quick read that can be done in one sitting. Lyons will be added to my list of must read authors.
Deb Carlin
This is an extremely fast paced thriller (actually won the 2013 Paperback Thriller Award). I enjoyed the storyline but found that there were soooo many characters to keep up with. Found myself skimming towards the end. There was a twst I didn't see coming. In all a good read and I will read her followup this fall: Black Sheep.
Michelle Palmer
My first book of C.J. Lyons and I really enjoyed it. Had some great twists and enjoyed the development of the main characters.
Latania Williams
this book was ok. I found a lot of the story line to be unreal. I feel the story just was not developed very well.
Amy
Could not wait to be done with this... very painful to finish (and I don't mean in a great, literary sense).
Karen
Really REALLY REALLY bad writing. Within the first 100 pages you can figure the whole thing out. UGH!
Kat
David Ketelsen
This was borderline 3-star at best. The main characters are annoying---the first 50 or 60 pages is just non-stop whining. One character "lost" her husband and son---TWO YEARS ago---and the other has bad headaches. Get over it!

Once the action started the book improved, somewhat. Too often the plot was advanced by coincidences and unlikely events. As a result the book came off more as a writing exercise than a commercial novel. And a plot device that is one of my pet peeves was used---the evil "ge
Gabby-Lily Raines
Sarah Durandt had gone to Texas to watch a man die, but she did so in the hope that he would - at the end - tell her where he had buried her husband and son two years before.

But in that, as with quite a few things and people in her life, things are not quite as they seem.

Not Alan Easton, a lawyer pretending to be her friend and admirer, but doing so under very false pretenses. Not Samuel Durandt, the husband she still loves, thinks is dead, but is more than he seems. Not Hal Waverly, the Hopewel
Lee Ann
Hoping that the killer of her husband and son will reveal the location of their remains before he is executed, Sarah Durandt travels to Texas to witness his death. But he stays silent until the end, and Sarah can't decide if his sustained stare as he succumbed to death was pitying or taunting.

Since his death gives her no closure, Sarah returns to her small hometown resolved to find Sam and Josh's bodies on her own. After all, she grew up in these mountains...and she would search for as long as i
Nina
*Inhalt*
Sarah Durandt's Leben wurde auf einen Schlag zerstört: Von einem Serienmörder, der ihren Mann und ihren kleinen Sohn auf dem Gewissen hat. Als der Mörder vor ihren Augen hingerichtet wird, müsste eigentlich alles gut werden, doch Sarah kann keinen Trost finden - denn die Leichen ihrer Lieben wurden nie gefunden und der Killer gab ihr auch mit dem letzten Atemzug keine Auskunft über deren Verbleib. Die Ungewissheit lässt Sarah keine Ruhe und schon bald macht sie sich auf die Suche nach ih
Kelly
There were a myriad of reasons why I didn't manage to finish this novel. It wasn't that it was the worst book that I have ever read because in fact it plodded along fairly well, there was just a lack of attention to detail, depth and subtlety.

I agree with a lot of other reviewers in that I felt like I was watching the story being played out but was entirely disconnected from it. Sarah had lost her husband - with whom she seemed to have a 'true love' relationship - and her son, but didn't have t
Clarodeluna
Meinung:

Der angebliche Mörder von Sam und Josch Durandt wird hingerichtet und Sarah müsste nun endlich ihren Frieden finden. Leider passiert dies aber nicht, da der Serienmörder ihr vor seinem Tod nicht mitgeteilt hat, wo sich die Leichen ihres Mannes und Sohnes befinden. Um aber doch endlich wieder die innere Ruhe zu finden, macht sich Sarah erneut auf den Weg zum Tatort und findet dort eine Leiche. Ist es Sam? Wo ist Josh?
Das Cover wurde passend mit dem weißen Tuch im Hintergrund und den Blutf
Michelle Muckley
Overall, I was entertained by this book, but found myself getting annoyed with it at times. I wanted to finish it just so I could read the reviews on here and see if anybody mentioned the same things that bothered me.

The storyline is over the top, quite unbelievable, but not in a Sci-Fi type way, just......I don't believe this could happen. The story was also quite convoluted, twisting and turning all over the place. The characters were a bit flat. The characters were up and down the mountain l
Debbie J
Blind Faith is a soap opera-like mystery full of shallow characters, melodramatic dialogue, and implausible scenes. The story has surplus contrived coincidences and its primary villain is so cartoonish that he resembles a character from Rocky & Bullwinkle.

I must applaud author C.J. Lyons, however, for penning a fascinating depiction of someone who suffers chronic migraines. Via Lyon’s vivid writing, the average reader will easily feel heroine Caitlyn Tierney’s dread and pain whenever the ran
Ashlee
This book was an easy quick read, but I didn't love it. The story was a little convoluted with all of its "bad guys" and I had a hard time believing that so many evil people would just coincidentally end up in this tiny no-name town with all of their separate agendas. The characters were a bit shallow and I had a hard time feeling connected to what they were feeling.

There was also an instance where a trained FBI agent doesn't recognize drugs when she sees them or when she is actually GIVEN them
Carol
A very talented writer is this pediatric ER doctor.I was looking to add to my mystery list and came across C.J. Lyons in a used book store. This was the first book in the Caitlyn Tierney series. Tierney is a Supervisory Special Agent with the F.B.I. Having come across a problem in the lab she sets out for the Adirondacks to find some answers. Maybe they executed the wrong man...
CJ Lyons Thriller...: LUCIDITY featured on Wattpad! 1 8 Apr 03, 2013 06:09AM
  • A Killing Tide (Columbia River, #1)
  • The Abbey
  • Caribbean Moon
  • The Last Letter
  • The Dead Saint
  • The Betrayal
  • First, Do No Harm (Brier Hospital, #1)
  • Eyewall
  • Chosen (Line of Descent #1)
  • All the Blue-Eyed Angels (Erin Solomon Pentalogy, #1)
  • The Shop (Cyril Landry #1)
  • Came a Shadow
  • Diagnosis Death (Prescription for Trouble, #3)
  • Peppermint Creek Inn (Undercover, #1)
1993037
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of twenty-one novels, former pediatric ER doctor CJ Lyons has lived the life she writes about in her cutting edge Thrillers with Heart.

Winner of the International Thriller Writers coveted Thriller Award, CJ has been called a "master within the genre" (Pittsburgh Magazine) and her work has been praised as "breathtakingly fast-paced" and "riveting" (P
More about C.J. Lyons...
Snake Skin (Lucy Guardino FBI Thriller, #1) Nerves of Steel (Hart and Drake, #1) Broken Borrowed Time Blood Stained (Lucy Guardino FBI Thriller, #2)