Start by marking “Forever Friends” as Want to Read:
Forever Friends

Forever Friends (Hope Springs #3)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  128 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Come Back to Hope Springs, Where Friendships Last a Lifetime

The women of Hope Springs Community Church have weathered some pretty fierce storms. Now their friendships are tested again when one of their own is leaving. Join Louise, Jessie, Charlotte, Beatrice, and Margaret for a farewell that Hope Springs will never forget.
Published May 26th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Forever Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever Friends

Georgia Herod
We join the same characters as those in Friendship Cake. The friendships of women is the dominant theme. A new reality enters their circle: one of their group is moving. How will this change affect them individually and collectively? An easy read.
Barbara Melosh
Promising set-up, drama of everyday life in small-town congregation led by woman pastor. But writing rarely gets off the ground…characters are static, dialogue stilted, and most of the action takes place off stage (reported rather than dramatized).
These Hope Springs books deal with much real life stuff. Difficult issues.

Charlotte is dealing with the way folks in the church are reacting toward a young man - the grandson of a couple in her church. She sees him as the prodigal son returning home. She sees many of the churchgoers as the other son in the prodigal son story. The one who is bitter and believes the prodigal doesn't deserve grace. (Who does?)

Wallace and Lana have their own stuff they're dealing with. Lana has been so unhappy.

I enjoyed this book about a small town in North Carolina and the group of women friends that have to deal with some difficult issues in their lives. This is not the first in the series, so I have some catching up to do. It was a very quick read, I read it in one day. I enjoyed seeing the way the characters interacted with each other in support of their different life situations. I plan to read the others in the series.
Life continues in Hope Springs. The ladies have to face that one of their own will leave Hope Springs. Is this how the author decides to close the series. Can the group maintain their close friendship without her? Change is a fact of life and nothing stays the same no matter how much you want it to. A good read.
So far, this is my favorite book in the Hope Springs series. With each book, my attachment to the characters has deepened and my concern for the issues that face their lives has grown. This book, as is the series, is a great testament to the value of friendships.
The third in the Hope Springs series, I am enjoying this series because the problems dealt with seem realistic and I enjoy working through them with the characters. I especially appreciate the spiritual side of the discussions.
May 12, 2011 Dawn rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who read the other Hope Springs books.
Recommended to Dawn by: I read the first two Hope Springs books.
This is the third book in the Hope Springs series. I did not enjoy this book as much as the first two. I did not enjoy the characters as much. The first book, Friendship Cake, was the best of this series.
Jan 11, 2011 Tama marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed "The Things I Know Best" by Lynne Hinton, so I thought I would try another by her.

Well shoot - can't start this one yet, it's part of a series, have to read them in order!
May 01, 2009 Mary rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Mary by: my daughter
I really enjoyed this book. I have read the other books connected to this one and I had no trouble remembering the characters and their stories.
Danny L.
I thought it was a nice book. The author kept my attention with all that was going on. I kept wanting to come back to it.
A lovely little morsel of a book. Full of wisdom and love..
Ack! So sweet and sappy it would kill you! Gag me!
Jennie marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2015
Hannah marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
Tiffanie Dang
Tiffanie Dang marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Carrie Phinney
Carrie Phinney marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
Lacy marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2015
Kathy added it
Oct 13, 2015
Yarnetta marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015
Felicia marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Jackie Stevenson
Jackie Stevenson marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
  • Miss Julia Delivers the Goods (Miss Julia, #10)
  • Lumby on the Air (Lumby, #5)
  • Dearest Dorothy, Who Would Have Ever Thought? (Dearest Dorothy, #4)
  • Paging the Dead (A Family History Mystery, #01)
  • The Ladies of Garrison Gardens
  • A Rather Charming Invitation (Penny Nichols, #3)
  • Times and Seasons (Seasons, #3)
  • Relatively Dead
  • Heartbreak Cafe
  • Keys to the Castle
  • The Three Mrs. Parkers
  • Angora Alibi (A Seaside Knitters Mystery, #7)
Lynne Hinton is the pastor of St. Paul's United Church of Christ in Rio Rancho, New Mexico. The author of numerous novels including Friendship Cake, Hope Springs, Forever Friends, Christmas Cake, and Wedding Cake, she lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
More about Lynne Hinton...

Hope Springs (5 books)
  • Friendship Cake (Hope Springs #1)
  • Hope Springs (Hope Springs #2)
  • Christmas Cake