Start by marking “Children of Immortal Bliss: A New Perspective on our True Identity Based on the Ancient Vedanta Philosophy of India” as Want to Read:

In this clear introduction to the Vedanta philosophy of India, you'll discover a new perspective that can bring inner peace, inner strength and improve your relationships for a happier life. This spiritual study written by Paul Hourihan, an American, introduces these ancient teachings in a way that Westerners, in particular, can easily relate to and understand.

Reviewers a
Nook, 208 pages
Published February 18th 2011 by Vedantic Shores Press

To ask other readers questions about Children of Immortal Bliss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Children of Immortal Bliss

Jacob Nordby
Mar 08, 2013 Jacob Nordby rated it it was amazing
The modern world is filled with voices talking about God, gods, goddesses, saints, avatars, gurus, saviors and all manner of messiahs. Since the 60's, eastern religion has become popular in the west, but we mostly glom on to the surface teachings without an understanding of the deep roots.

I appreciated Paul Hourihan's careful summary of the Upanishads. He offers a historical perspective and then delves into the teachings themselves. Having read quotes and excerpts--but never attempted a full stu
Agnes
Jul 06, 2014 Agnes rated it it was amazing
I would recommend this book so much. I totally get what the author is trying to bring over. I find that after reading writings of Sri Ramana Maharshi and Nisargadatta, Paul Hourihan does bring a lot of clarity in the ancient Vedanta philosophy. It is a joy to read this book, I could not put it down, though I will read it again soon.
Such clarity shines from it's pages.
Phylisha
Phylisha rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2014
Anna
Anna rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2013
Harry Rice
Harry Rice marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2013
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2013