Start by marking “Music of the Night” as Want to Read:
Music of the Night

Music of the Night

Jared Ross is at Carnevale to do a job. It’s the culmination of two years of blood, sweat, long hours, and agonizing patience waiting for his target to finally make an appearance. If he screws this up, he may never get another chance, and his mark, a man called Maestro, will once again disappear into the night. Jared can’t afford to let anything distract him from his elusi ...more
ebook
Published June 12th 2011 by Amber Allure (first published June 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Music of the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Music of the Night

ReviewerLarissa
Jun 15, 2011 ReviewerLarissa rated it it was amazing
Review for Rarely Dusty Books

Wooooowwwieeee! M.L. Rhodes did it again. Ever since I first picked up one of her books way back when, I’ve been hooked (hook, line and sinker). I have yet to find a book by this author I don’t like and since last year I’m impatiently waiting for the next installment of the Draegan Lords.
In the meantime we got the novella Music of the Night. Definitely no Draegan Lords, but no less exciting. It contains all the elements of a M.L. Rhodes book: likeable, worked out
Ami
May 29, 2011 Ami rated it liked it
While the story does have elements that I usually not in favor of: Quick tumble between the sheet, long session of love making in majority of the chapters, AND falling in love within 24-hours ... but M.L. Rhodes always manages to give me likeable characters and romance.

My favorite of the two MCs is Sam, the violinist with sensitive soul and a dream to get away from the life that traps him. He has innocence flair in him and I can't help to have my heart out for him because of his dream o
Mitticus
Venice. Masks. Loneliness. Lust. And intrigue.

¸. • * ° *❧Gwen❧•°**★❧ •°**★
I liked Jared & Sam they were lovely their relationship began while masked and that was intriguing. I had a wee bit of a problem while reading~ I met a guy name Max.. and wondered who is Max? what did I miss? I stopped and figured it out~

I found~that the wrong name was placed in this book by mistake...a few times..But, on the other hand .cleaver words were used such a black velvet sledge hammer yum!

Now, I still would like to figure who Max is, and read that book too~

Janna
Jun 15, 2011 Janna rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
4.5 stars. Nearly perfect, if it only would've been more than a HFN ending. Agreed it was a very solid HFN, but it would've been even better if we'd gotten more than the 24 hours of hot, sexy, physical and emotional connection. I'm hoping for a sequel in which we get more of Sam and Jared's amazing chemistry and a view into their everyday life together, because I'm curious how they will handle with the reality of their very different lives and demanding jobs, once they leave Venice.
Charly
Oct 27, 2012 Charly rated it really liked it
A fun, sensual tale of love at first sight

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 8/10

PROS:
- Rhodes always does a good job of delving into her characters’ heads right from the start, giving them fully developed backgrounds as well as believable fears and desires.
- The setting is lavish and decadent and wonderful fun. Venice during Carnivale is the sort of thing I’ll probably never get to see in real life, but hey, reading about it isn’t a bad alternative.
Vicktor Alexander
Aug 14, 2011 Vicktor Alexander rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: M/M Romance Group
Oh Sam and Jared....is there another couple as hot as you?

This book was sizzling hot from the beginning. I don't think I've ever read such hot, sexy, passionate man love in a book before. M.L. did an UH-MAY-ZING job with this. The instant connection between Sam and Jared reaches into the chest of the reader and squeezes their heart to an almost painful degree. There were many times when I gasped and had to drink cold water just reading this book.

I think the best part of this book was the fact th
Jess Candela
Jan 27, 2012 Jess Candela rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, read-in-2011
3.5
This book seemed so familiar, I almost thought this was a re-read, except that I'd only just added it to Calibre and my ereader. And events didn't shake out exactly as I thought they would, so I think this just really reminded me of another story I read. I wish I could remember which one!

I liked it, though the timely save at the end felt a little too coincidental, deus ex-machina-ish. It helped that the characters acknowledged how timely it was, but still... (view spoiler)
Sadonna
Apr 14, 2012 Sadonna rated it really liked it
Shelves: pdf, mm, contemporary
3.5 stars. Really liked this fast-paced and exciting spy read with two interesting MCs. Jared, a former military man and now private security company owner sees Sam across the room at a Carnevale ball in Venice thinking he is the contact for the spy he has been trying to flush out for two years. Finally, he can't stand it any longer and goes to interact with the man and determines that he is definitely not involved with spying. After a very intimate encounter on the dance floor, they leave to go ...more
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Kevin
Genre: M/M Contemporary
Rated: 5 hearts

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com/
Bookbee
3.5 Stars

Scene on the dance floor was pretty scorching!

Gaby Franz
Dec 14, 2012 Gaby Franz rated it really liked it
A book with lots of sex scenes but has a plot behind the romantic encounters, intrigue, passion and an end to "happily".
Read this author is always nice and never disappoints.
OkayKim
Jul 04, 2011 OkayKim rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this one. Thought at one point it would get stupid with predictability, but I was pleasantly surprised that it went in another direction. Great read for the day after Valentine's.
AliciaJ
Intriguing story that could have been so much better if it wasn't over so fast. I liked the characters, but I didn't really get a chance to know them before the end of the book. Too bad.
Laura rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2014
Marija
Marija rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2015
Ryan
Ryan rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2011
Tori Thompson
Tori Thompson rated it really liked it
May 21, 2014
Tracy
Tracy rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2011
Seiran
Seiran rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2012
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
May 17, 2015
Lyn
Lyn rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2011
Gabrielle Elliot
Gabrielle Elliot rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2011
TaraG
TaraG rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2012
Vangosh
Vangosh rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2013
Nick
Nick rated it it was ok
May 17, 2011
Indigo
Indigo rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2012
Sneath
Sneath rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2014
Kerry
Kerry rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
I'm an opinionated chick with a decent sense of humor and a vocabulary that's way too smutty for someone who grew up as a "good" girl. I write books for a living...more specifically, gay male romance stories. I'm passionate about gay romance! I love sweet, steamy, emotional stories about gay men meeting, falling in love, and finding happily-ever-afters. I love to read them and I love to write them ...more
More about M.L. Rhodes...