Calamity Jayne Heads West (Calamity Jayne Mystery, #5)

Calamity Jayne Heads West (Calamity Jayne Mystery #5)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  348 ratings  ·  17 reviews
When Tressa "Calamity" Jayne Turner heads West to celebrate her grandmother's remarriage, she, along with a colorful cast of characters, are caught up in mystery and mayhem when someone steals "Kookamunga," a hideous fertility figurine.
Kindle Edition
Published (first published October 2nd 2007)

Things are heating up for Tressa Jayne...not only because she's in Arizona, but Ranger Rick is making her temperature rise.

The Turner and Townsend families make their way out west to Flagstaff, Arizona to Tressa's Aunt Kay's for Hannah and Joe's nuptials. Little Nick Townsend, Rick's nephew, is a miniature Ranger Rick and driving Tressa crazy before they even make it to Arizona. He already knows all her buttons and is pushing them like a kid in an elevator.

Tressa needs to find a gift for her g...more
Lissa
Reviewed by Lissa Staley
Posted September 16, 2007

Mystery Woman Sleuth | Romance Contemporary

Tressa "Calamity" Jayne Turner is well-known around her hometown of Grandville, Iowa, because wherever she goes, a calamity seems to follow. When her granny gets engaged to Tressa's sometimes-boyfriend Rick's grandpa, the whole clan heads west for the Arizona wedding. Out in the desert near the Grand Canyon, Tressa finds a hideously tacky fertility figurine at a roadside stand and buys it for her granny...more
Steph
Gigi407
Yes, i have finally finished! I have a love hate relationship with these books. Yet I had to finish them! I like Calamity and Joltin Joe. I sometime like Rick and mostly find myself rooting for he and Tressa to get together. Yet, they have an odd relationship that Bugs me. Tressa needs to get her self together! I liked the way this series finished (if its actually finished) but not necessarily the way it finished.
Sesa38
In this book Jayne and her family head to Arizona where she gets involved in a treasure hunt involving native artifacts. I didn't find this book as funny as the earlier books in the series. Jayne's cousin Soophie is a new character that is somewhat entertaining. We don't see as much of Hannah and Joe, although the trip is for their wedding. Overall just an ok read.
Brooke
Seriously love this series. Tressa's character is very easy to relate to even if your not a blonde. This book was incredibly funny and it was very difficult to put down. As usual, "Ranger Rick" is quite a catch and makes you wish you had one in your life. Amazing read and I cannot wait to read the next (and final?) installment in the series.
Mary Z : )
What a fun story! Calamity Jayne is a hoot, and I love her asides to the reader as she tells the story. Witty, clever, self-deprecating, and a bit of a screwball... my kind of friend. I'll be looking forward to reading the entire series!
Melanie
Good mystery in this one with some fun new characters. One more to go in Tressa's adventure and I really hope it's to the finish line with Rick. These two are so back and forth, it's killing me.
Valerie
While I enjoy this series of books, I think this one in particular could have been left out. Not that is wasn't good, but since I'm done with the series I don't see the point of this one.
Melissa
Slow to start, even slower to get to the mystery. Still, it was worth a couple days reading. Better than answering the door to those Jehovah's Witnesses who came by recruiting this morning.
Lisa
Why does novelist compare this to Evanovich - both characters have spunk but that is where the similarity ends - can we please have alittle bit of sex, we are adults
Lynn Demsky
I just did not care for - ugly sense of humor but then, I don't care for Janet Evanovich's books so..........guess it was my mistake for picking it up!
Carrie
In this book things are heating up with the men in Calamity's life. The mystery that happens along the way of course are all funny.
April Roche
Halfway through and its funny.
Brenda Sonzogni
Brenda Sonzogni marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Toni
Toni added it
Jul 10, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Robin Salts
Robin Salts marked it as to-read
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Amber Bell
Amber Bell marked it as to-read
Tami Bunch
Tami Bunch marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Rob Bekkers
Rob Bekkers marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
  • Shock and Awesome (Lexi Graves Mysteries, #4)
  • A Cutthroat Business (A Savannah Martin Mystery, #1)
  • Hug Your Customers: The Proven Way to Personalize Sales and Achieve Astounding Results
  • Quest Study Bible: NIV
  • Whirlwind (Welcome to Tyler, #1)
  • Cutting Edge (Charles Resnick, #3)
  • Alibi in High Heels (High Heels, #4)
  • The Enclave
  • The Christmas Angel (Cape Light #6)
  • From Panic to Power: Proven Techniques to Calm Your Anxieties, Conquer Your Fears, and Put You in Control of Your Life
  • Castle of the Wolf
  • The 13th Apostle
  • A Fine Night For Dying (Paul Chavasse #6)
  • Mischief in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law, #2)
  • "A" is for Apple (Sophie Green Mystery #3)
  • The Price (Bitter Creek, #4)
Calamity Jayne (Calamity Jayne Mystery, #1) Calamity Jayne Rides Again (Calamity Jayne Mystery, #2) Ghouls Just Want to Have Fun (Calamity Jayne Mystery, #3) Calamity Jayne Goes to College (Calamity Jayne Mystery, #4) Anchors Aweigh (Calamity Jayne Mystery, #6)