Start by marking “Calamity Jayne Heads West (Calamity Jayne, #5)” as Want to Read:
Calamity Jayne Heads West (Calamity Jayne, #5)

Calamity Jayne Heads West (Calamity Jayne #5)

When Tressa "Calamity" Jayne Turner heads West to celebrate her grandmother's remarriage, she, along with a colorful cast of characters, are caught up in mystery and mayhem when someone steals "Kookamunga," a hideous fertility figurine.
Kindle Edition
Published (first published October 2nd 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Calamity Jayne Heads West, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Calamity Jayne Heads West

Sep 16, 2015 Sara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The fifth book in a series about a quirky blonde who seems to be a magnet for trouble. If you haven't read the first 4 books -- this book probably isn't worth the time. If you've read the previous ones and enjoyed them, this is a quick read that provides continued adventures for a character you're already familiar with.

This series has been compared to the Evanovich Stephanie Plum works, and I can see the similarity. Unfortunately I think this series falls short in comparison to the early Plum bo
Apr 04, 2009 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mysteries, 2009
Things are heating up for Tressa Jayne...not only because she's in Arizona, but Ranger Rick is making her temperature rise.

The Turner and Townsend families make their way out west to Flagstaff, Arizona to Tressa's Aunt Kay's for Hannah and Joe's nuptials. Little Nick Townsend, Rick's nephew, is a miniature Ranger Rick and driving Tressa crazy before they even make it to Arizona. He already knows all her buttons and is pushing them like a kid in an elevator.

Tressa needs to find a gift for her g
Sep 23, 2013 Lissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fresh-fiction
Reviewed by Lissa Staley
Posted September 16, 2007

Mystery Woman Sleuth | Romance Contemporary

Tressa "Calamity" Jayne Turner is well-known around her hometown of Grandville, Iowa, because wherever she goes, a calamity seems to follow. When her granny gets engaged to Tressa's sometimes-boyfriend Rick's grandpa, the whole clan heads west for the Arizona wedding. Out in the desert near the Grand Canyon, Tressa finds a hideously tacky fertility figurine at a roadside stand and buys it for her granny
Mehrunisa Salim
Mar 22, 2016 Mehrunisa Salim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally! Thank you! Jayne finally said what I had been waiting for her to say since book one! So far this is the best book in this series. I saw growth in characters and even in relationships, though I would have to read the next book to find out if it lasts. Like in most real situations gratitude only lasts so long, and things get back to square one. I'm hoping, that while a few things can get back to square one, I want others to move forward and develop more.
Definitely a little more over the top than Ghouls Just Want to Have Fun. The characterization became broader and a little trite and the plot seemed just a little out of control regarding the number of iterations we went through before the conclusion. Saying all that, it's not the worst book I've ever read, I think the author was just trying a little too hard with the wrong things on this one.
Apr 09, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
Jul 31, 2009 Steph rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Feb 11, 2015 Vickie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of her better books, still some editing errors but not so many & not so distracting.
Oct 29, 2014 Shantyl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just love this series! I don't know what I'm going to read when I finish the last book :(
Kellie Effken
Feb 26, 2015 Kellie Effken rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute book. I love the addition of Ranger Rick's nephew, Nick.
Gayla Glass
Apr 11, 2013 Gayla Glass rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes, i have finally finished! I have a love hate relationship with these books. Yet I had to finish them! I like Calamity and Joltin Joe. I sometime like Rick and mostly find myself rooting for he and Tressa to get together. Yet, they have an odd relationship that Bugs me. Tressa needs to get her self together! I liked the way this series finished (if its actually finished) but not necessarily the way it finished.
Jan 11, 2011 Sesa38 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this book Jayne and her family head to Arizona where she gets involved in a treasure hunt involving native artifacts. I didn't find this book as funny as the earlier books in the series. Jayne's cousin Soophie is a new character that is somewhat entertaining. We don't see as much of Hannah and Joe, although the trip is for their wedding. Overall just an ok read.
Feb 04, 2009 Brooke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seriously love this series. Tressa's character is very easy to relate to even if your not a blonde. This book was incredibly funny and it was very difficult to put down. As usual, "Ranger Rick" is quite a catch and makes you wish you had one in your life. Amazing read and I cannot wait to read the next (and final?) installment in the series.
Jun 17, 2015 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite the at times annoying voice of the main character, I really really liked this. It was funny and interesting, even though the plot was a little far-fetched....and kind of out of nowhere. But it was funny and a slightly satisfying ending.
Mary Z : )
Jan 05, 2013 Mary Z : ) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-cozy
What a fun story! Calamity Jayne is a hoot, and I love her asides to the reader as she tells the story. Witty, clever, self-deprecating, and a bit of a screwball... my kind of friend. I'll be looking forward to reading the entire series!
Good mystery in this one with some fun new characters. One more to go in Tressa's adventure and I really hope it's to the finish line with Rick. These two are so back and forth, it's killing me.
Valerie Cooper
While I enjoy this series of books, I think this one in particular could have been left out. Not that is wasn't good, but since I'm done with the series I don't see the point of this one.
Mar 22, 2008 Melissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Slow to start, even slower to get to the mystery. Still, it was worth a couple days reading. Better than answering the door to those Jehovah's Witnesses who came by recruiting this morning.
Dec 22, 2010 Lisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Why does novelist compare this to Evanovich - both characters have spunk but that is where the similarity ends - can we please have alittle bit of sex, we are adults
Lynn Demsky
Nov 15, 2013 Lynn Demsky rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I just did not care for - ugly sense of humor but then, I don't care for Janet Evanovich's books so..........guess it was my mistake for picking it up!
Feb 14, 2009 Carrie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this book things are heating up with the men in Calamity's life. The mystery that happens along the way of course are all funny.
April Roche
Nov 05, 2012 April Roche rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Halfway through and its funny.
May 21, 2013 Nancy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really cute.
Apr 17, 2011 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious!! ;)
Waverly Alden
Waverly Alden marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2016
Fran rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2016
Beckers09 marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Alison marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Melissa Crim
Melissa Crim rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Jess rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2016
  • Hollywood Secrets (Hollywood Headlines, #2)
  • Murder is a Beach (Maggie, P.I. Mysteries, #2)
  • Out of Office (Queenie Baby, #2)
  • Force For Change: How Leadership Differs from Management
  • Tempting Faith: An Inside Story of Political Seduction
  • Total Access: A Journey to the Center of the NFL Universe
  • Istri Pilihan (Bride Wanted)
  • NASCAR Holiday 2: Miracle Season/Season of Dreams/Taking Control/The Natural
  • Fairy Tale
  • Kickout Clause (A Savannah Martin Mystery, #7)
  • The Ten Commandments: The Significance of God's Laws in Everyday Life
  • Cutting Edge (Charles Resnick, #3)
  • Whirlwind (Welcome to Tyler, #1)
  • Rumble on the Bayou
  • Every Woman Needs a Wife
  • Hug Your Customers: STILL The Proven Way to Personalize Sales and Achieve Astounding Results
  • Smart Girls Think Twice (Girls Do Or Don't, #4)

Calamity Jayne (8 books)
  • Calamity Jayne (Calamity Jayne, #1)
  • Calamity Jayne Rides Again (Calamity Jayne, #2)
  • Ghouls Just Want to Have Fun (Calamity Jayne, #3)
  • Calamity Jayne Goes to College (Calamity Jayne, #4)
  • Anchors Aweigh (Calamity Jayne, #6)
  • Calamity Jayne and the Trouble with Tandems (Calamity Jayne, #7)
  • Calamity Jayne and the Sisterhood of the Traveling Lawn Gnome (Calamity Jayne, #8)