Start by marking “Talson's Wait (Talson's Temptations, #1)” as Want to Read:
Talson's Wait (Talson's Temptations, #1)

Talson's Wait (Talson Temptations #1)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  586 ratings  ·  41 reviews
Book one in the Talson Temptations series.Domineering, dangerous and downright huge, Roarke Talson owns Jamie for the next three years. It’s 2109, and the government has found a way to deal with the national debt. Indentured service. She might have been duped into debt, but she’s not stupid. Jamie made sure to put a no-sex clause in her contract. There’s just one problem....more
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 60 pages
Published March 2nd 2011 by Ellora's Cave (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Talson's Wait, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Talson's Wait

Lyndi
My only problem with this story is the abrupt ending. And I believe this is an issue with the other Marie Harte books I've read. Instead of a nice little epilogue to explain the HEA, the entire story suddenly ends mid-sex scene with a parting line that usually deserves italics. It's a good place to end the story... if there was an epilogue. It's more like the end of a chapter. Even just a handful of paragraphs to show us which direction the HEA takes. Pregnancy? Space travel? Gimme something!

Oth...more
Dawn Sullivan
Wow I totally melted. Smoking HOT!!!!!! This book was short but it had everything you could possibly want in a erotic romance. Roarke was the perfect male. Jamie is so loyal and such a strong woman. Together they make a great match. I loved how Marie gave us just enough info about their backgrounds. This book was well written. Gosh this book had me sighing and fanning myself. This is my first book of Marie Harte and it def wont be the last. I am def a fan. This book is a must read.
Heather Wiese
This one was pretty entertaining. It's set in the future when the government has decided for people to work of their debts they can become indentured servants for a fixed amount of time.

Jaimie is under contract with Roarke, an shipping mogul (who may or may not be part alien). He basically bought her because he had an overwhelming attraction to her, even though her contract very clearly has a "no sex" clause (as long as the contract isn't broken). Jaimie isn't interested in being a sex slave, ju...more
Pamela
I found this to be a rather enjoyable read. Jamie is a strong woman working off a family debt that she didn't incur. Her boss, Roarke Talson, throws all kinds of work at her that he doesn't really believe she's capable of doing, but she proves she can handle anything. He has an ulterior motive for the way he treats her though.

When Jamie is attacked on her way home one day, Roarke ends up helping her. His feelings for her begin to show ... a caring side that Jamie didn't know existed. Just as th...more
Sandra
The main difference between the 2 editions is all the hot smokin sex in #2. #1 is a good Scifi Rom story but #2 just takes it that bit further. Enjoyed it all over again ;)
Cecilia
Short and spicy. Not a complicated plot or major characterization, but enough that it all held together. Enjoyable enough, but overpriced for the length.
Lady Raven RAVE!

Roarke and Jamie lives in a society if debts are owed, you go on the block for indentured services to someone who is willing to purchase it in order for you to work it off. That is what Roarke did with Jamie's debt and now she works for him. Before working for Roarke, Jamie included a clause in their contract that states no sex. With that clause in place, it is a little difficult for Jamie and Roarke. Roarke is half human and half Orta and really wants Jamie and if he initiates sex with her then...more
Tara-lee
Rowe is a half human who's just been kidnapped and tied to a bed by Val, son of her rival company. It turns out Rowe and Val are mates and things get hot and heavy between the two including Rowe's bodyguard and friend Quinn. Still they have to find out who's been sabotaging both companies shipments, and all evidence points to Rowe's cousin Keilor who's had a thing for Rowe for years. >_<
Amanda
Really short ebook - 61 pages on my Nook, but I loved it. I have a major weakness for boss-employee romances, and this one had that as well as a touch of sci-fi, and some hot hot sex! I also have a weakness for romances where the hero is pathetically in love with the heroine, and is desperate for her while also being strong and alpha-like (if that makes any sense!).

When thinking about it, I really do not think that this book could be any longer than it already is, unless Harte added in some more...more
Angie
well I got what I came for...sex sex sex. this is a sci fi erotica and I got it for free so I didn't really know anything a about it. Turns out it was set in the future where a persons debt was put into a contract and that contract was bought so the person could work it off...they were indentured slaves. Jaime was actually working off the debt of her parents and Roark was her boss. Both were attracted to eachother but Jaime's no sex clause prevented Roark from pursuing her without breaching her...more
Dr. Bronwyn Ph.D of Smutology
I'm not sure why but this totally hit the mark for me. Well written with the right mix of possessive alpha male, feisty heroine and hot love scenes.

I love stories with a paranormal hook and this has that. We're talking about a future where those in serious debt pay by becoming indentured servants. This could have easily become creepy and a story based on an abuse of power (after all as an indentured servant Jamie was basically a slave....and not because of her sexual preferences if you know what...more
Lorraine Lesar
Overall, a short sexy read. My main problems with this book was firstly, the length, secondly, the ending - very abrupt and thirdly, the author failed to go into any depth about the Otra, which was a serious missed opportunity. The cover, explains the book well, so I won't repeat. The sex is explicit, so be warned. As a reader, I would have loved to have found out more about the Otra and our hero' family, but the author only glimpsed over it, it may well be covered in depth in her other books of...more
Lance
The premise of the story had me skeptical...debt repayment by indentured servitude, the master who is the hero of the story is not fully human and a sexy woman is hot for this species? But as the story progresses and you learn the true feelings they both have as well as what they had to endure...you grow to love both Jamie and Roarke. Nice romantic story with hot sex scenes. They are all described realistically including Jamie's first anal experience. If half stars could be given this would be f...more
Kelly
My alien (or half-alien) kink is alive and kicking! I love the vibe here. It was sexy and the fact that they'd worked in close contact with one another for a year made their sudden descent into lusty shenanigans believable. For the record, I approve of lusty shenanigans!

This book was a free Kindle download I picked up 06/19/12 for the Why Buy the Cow? reading challenge.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
Amanda P
Duuudeee.... It's hot! I quite enjoyed this quick novella. I got it free for Kindle, I think it is still marked as a freebie, I'd go grab it while its still free. It'll only take you about an hour to read, an hour well worth it. Our hero turns out to be quite domineering. It was pretty damn hot, giving all those commands. I may have to look into the rest of the series.
R.E. Butler
4 1/2 stars. Great read! I wish it had been a little longer and expounded more on the alien Otra's and the state of things that forced people to indenture themselves for debt. Excellent premise, hot hero, feisty heroine, and some really great love scenes. Overall a great read and I can't wait to read the others in the series.
April
Super sexy sci-fi tale!! Loved all the hot and steamy scenes. Well written story with lots of heart.

A really interesting world is created and I am loving this sci-fi erotica! Can't wait for more!

Great engaging characters! Oh, Lord the steamy was hot and heavy!! And oh so delicious! I love the whole mates angle!
Tracy
Great read - fun, sexy and hot as hell..... What else would we expect from Marie.... the lady knows how to write a story!!!
Wish I'd read the Talson's Temptations series before now.... Enjoyed TW so much that I've bought the other 3 in the series!!
Rae
Short erotic story. I liked the story line, even though its set in the future. It was a little crude for me. I like sexy and erotic, but I'm not a fan of men using the c**t word or f**k in certain ways, so in that sense, it was just ok for me.
Julianna
I actually like this book alot, the only reason why i didn't rate it higher was that i thought it could have been longer and a little more fleshed out. But i did really like it and am thinking about getting the next one.
Mara
It was free, what can I say? :P

You read it, snort a lot, forget it as soon as finished. Not too bad for a 60 pages long erotic story. I wouldn't recommend it, least of all at full price (5$).
Amyiw
Very Good but too short, much too short. She is trying to escape. His is following, glad that she finally is trying to escape so that he can court her sexually. They get together. Hot and short.
Jessica
Dominant male....check
Sexual tension....check
Smoking hot scenes between two adults that will melt your panties off....double check

Short read,you cant go wrong with the story.
Janet
Interesting, now that's a alien talent the women of Earth would appreciate :) Probably would have finished the series but the rest seem to have menage elements which I don't care to read.
Ann has a dirty mouth
This book was a lot of fun! It was plotless but very spicy. I was pumped that it was free this week and I will definitely check out other books by this author.
Andrea
bookk started strong, but didn't end strong. the ending just lacked detail that was present in the first part of the book. It was dissappointing.
Nudge
Prepare for an energy boost as this little novella will definitely get your blood racing. We look forward to reading more by Miss Harte :)
Kyndra Natasha
Quick dirty read...Not hot enough to make up for the shortness, but not terrible either...Take it or leave it...
Paula
Nice and an enjoyable read. One of the middle of the range books that you enjoy and walk away from
  • Lionheart (StarQuest, #1)
  • Seducer (Sensual Captivity, #1)
  • The Bond That Ties Us (Eternal Bond, #1)
  • Zylan Captive (Zylar's Moons, #1)
  • Primal Quest (Primal Attraction, #1)
  • Pleasure's Foehn (WindVerse, #1)
  • Charlie's Bargain
  • Trouble with Harry (Trouble, #1)
  • Initiation (Xylon Warriors #1)
  • The Price of Pleasure (Saurellian Federation, #1)
  • Alien Mate 2 (Alien Mate, #2)
  • Embracing Silence (Project Alpha, #1)
  • The Lion's Woman
  • Breeding Ground
  • Rees (Tales of the Shareem, #1)
  • Hold
  • Jillian's Job
  • Stone-Cold Lover (Winged and Dangerous, #1)
Marie Harte is an avid reader who loves all things paranormal and futuristic. Reading romances since she was twelve, she fell in love with romance and happy endings and knew writing was her calling. Years later after the Marine Corps, Information Technology, and 60 hour work weeks, her dream has finally come true.

Marie lives in Oregon with her family and is constantly reading and writing.
More about Marie Harte...
Rachel's Totem (Cougar Falls, #1) Enjoying the Show (Wicked Warrens, #1) Roane (Circe's Recruits, #1) In Plain Sight (Cougar Falls, #2) Bodywork (The Works, #1)