Start by marking “Mine at Midnight” as Want to Read:
Mine at Midnight

Mine at Midnight

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  156 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
For Cinderella, the fun ended at midnight. But for Merrie Langston, that’s just when things start heating up! Merrie is a free-spirited, caterer looking for a bank loan to expand her business. Tom Farrell is her buttoned-down accountant who’s trying to get her finances in order--no easy task as she keeps her receipts in Baggies. Sparks fly when these opposites realize they ...more
Nook, 99 pages
Published March 26th 2011 by D'Alessandro Associates, Inc. (first published March 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Mine at Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mine at Midnight

Instant Attraction by Jill ShalvisBlush by Nicola MarshHow Hard Can It Be? by Robyn PetermanBlind-Date Marriage by Fiona HarperA Bride for Abel Greene by Cindy Gerard
A Hot Number: Accountants in Romances
15th out of 70 books — 4 voters
Perfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesVampire Academy by Richelle MeadThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsRules of Attraction by Simone ElkelesTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
Opposites Attract
130th out of 133 books — 57 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristen
Charming 4 stars

If you're still in the mood for a little holiday magic or simply looking for a charming read, Mine at Midnight will fit the bill.

This short story is a delightful, engaging, and feel-good holiday or any day romance. The two main leads are richly developed and the plot entertaining. There's a generous splash of steam, plenty of laughs, and a feel-good ending. This one's a keeper for sure.
Karla

4 1/2 Stars!! A great anytime of year read!!

“Very naughty…but, oh, so very nice.”

The setting for this book is at Christmas time, but this will make you feel good in the dead of summer!

Tom and Merrie are the most unlikely of couples, but they can't deny the heat that sears through them when they are together. She convinces him to play Santa at a Christmas party she's hosting, and he in turn offers to help her bake cookies, which leads to some delicious sugary fun...mmmmmmm frosting, it's not jus
Crista
Dec 28, 2014 Crista rated it really liked it
First read 12/25/12, Re-read 12/28/14. My rating just bumped up to 4.5 stars! I loved it even more the second time!

Jacquie D'Alessandro is an author that doesn't get near the "buzz" that she is deserved. I love her writing and this quick novella is just one more example of her talent.

This is a super quick read, but it is also a ton of fun. Merrie Langston owns a company called "Perfect Parties" and goes to straight-laced Tom Farrell, a certified CPA and financial planner, for help with her busi
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Opposites attract, so they say, and this is very true of this story. Although they have known each other for over 2 years, neither of our two lead characters have had thoughts of a flirtatious manner regarding the other and have kept their relationship strictly business. Christmas can change a lot of things and does for these two. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and found it very well written. I loved how different they were and how they approached the other ones way of thinking. Sometimes it jus ...more
Cheryl
Jun 23, 2012 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I loved this story! Merrie is a party planner that owns her own business and Tom is a financial planner that is helping her get a loan to expand her business. They are truly opposites but just what each other needs. Merrie is fun and perky and spontaineous (sp) and Tom is not. He is orderly and by the numbers. I really liked reading what they were thinking as they were having a conversation with one another. Especially Tom thinking about the red panties & bra and Merrie's conversation with h ...more
namericanwordcat
I am feeling Christmassy so this little sweet love story was perfect. It is a fun opposites attract tale with surprising steam that puts the jingle back in the hero's holiday spirit and while not complicated it is well written and joyful and will put a smile on your face while your own cookies bake. This is the kind of love that takes pleasure in all that the other person is that I hope everyone finds.
Silverana
Dec 16, 2012 Silverana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 99-winter
Not as good as I thought it would be. I found myself wanting it to end quickly. The story started out nicely and the end was sweet, but I couldn’t seem to relate to the characters. We learn the depth of their feelings but even then, something seemed missing or not fully developed in their relationship.

Overall, not bad but not one that I really enjoyed reading.
Martha
Dec 06, 2012 Martha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very cute, quick Christmas read. I LOVED that Merrie was so full of Christmas cheer, dressing as an elf for all her parties!! She seems like a hoot. Tom was a nice “Grinch” character that had his heart grow 3 sizes this year! Fun, quick, entertaining Christmas read!
Deb
Dec 09, 2012 Deb rated it really liked it
Well done novella. Author makes you like the characters and believe in the HEA within the shorter format. Add to that humor, warmth, and lots of holiday cheer and it's a great quick read for the holiday season.
Jenny - Book Sojourner
cute, quick holiday read
Julie
Jul 10, 2012 Julie rated it liked it
Mine at Midnight is a short story/novella written by Jacquie D'Alessandro. The setting is during Christmas. I didn't realize that until I started reading it. The cover suggested a celebration but not holiday themed. I've had this one on my kindle for a bit, so I had forgotten what the story was supposed to be about. So, here I am in July reading Christmas stories.
Merrie, (aptly named), owns a party store. She is really good at the party planning, but not so good with the business side of things.
Susan Jenkins (Tely)
Merrie & Tom. What a combination! Her fly by the seat of her pants style really shakes him up. He needs it, though, he's too proper. I think she's good for him.

This book was well written. A few spelling/grammar errors, but nothing to detract from the story (I'm picky and I think a good proofreader should catch stuff like this).

I liked the story, but I would have liked it a little more drawn out. Maybe a sequel, with Merrie having an assistant that falls in love?
Lucina
2.5 Sterne

Eine Weihnachtskurzgeschichte, war nicht so toll... Irgendwie langweilig und das Ende hatte etwas von einem WTF-Moment... Ich meine, er fragt sie DAS nach dem sie sich 2 Wochen lang oder noch weniger gedatet haben. Sie kennen sich zwei Jahre rein beruflich, okay, aber sie kennen sich nicht so gut, damit DIESE Frage irgendwie Sinn machen würde. Ich wäre fast aus dem Bett gefallen, weil ich so laut lachen musste... Echt, manche finden das bestimmt SO romantisch, ich nur bescheuert. Für e
Mindy
Nov 09, 2015 Mindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was a cute Christmas story. I loved the fact that it had Christmas throughout the entire book.
The Characters were well developed for a short book.
Becky
Dec 21, 2012 Becky rated it it was amazing
Merrie owns her own business as a party planner. She is fun, spontaneous, and energetic. But finances is not her forte'. So she has hired an all-business, stoogy accountant, who also happens to be handsome and sexy. Tom is trying to get her a business loan. But he can't get past the cute little elf outfit with red lace bra and panties, that she tried to write off as a business expense.
I found this novella a delightful story. I just adored Merrie and her antics and zest for life. Especially Chris
Shawn Hamdorf
Jul 12, 2016 Shawn Hamdorf rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

Loved this story of finding the one true love at Christmas. Although complete opposites booth Merrie and Tom find that one thing to bind them, their hearts.
Penny Watson
Dec 20, 2013 Penny Watson rated it liked it
B-/C+

WAY too much deep POV. And lots of "they talked and kissed and got to know each other" narrative, without that actually happening "in real time" during the story. Which isn't my favorite, either.

This was okay, but nothing like her historical romances, which I ADORE. I don't think her contemporary romance is nearly as good as her historical romantic fiction.

Brandi Gillilan
Jun 20, 2013 Brandi Gillilan rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was funny, sweet, and romantic!
I love that she is quick on her feet. I love that it embraces the Christmas season and doesn't just hint at it.
Great book and a great read
Brandi G.
Michelle
Dec 17, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was without a book today & decided to read a quick novella on my phone. This holiday story was the perfect fit. I enjoyed it & will make a point of looking for more of Ms. D'Alessandro's work.
Marijayne Stegman
Dec 02, 2012 Marijayne Stegman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Great fun short story with a well developed Christmas theme. Characters have depth. Story has the feel of a longer book but is a quick fun read.
Carrie Sims Schutze
Dec 03, 2012 Carrie Sims Schutze rated it liked it
Cute holiday story! Quirky characters and lots of holiday cheer in this quick but entertaining read.
Emily
Jan 05, 2013 Emily rated it really liked it
Another cute, quick read. Good if you just want to spend a couple hours with a good book.
Maryjane
Dec 09, 2012 Maryjane rated it it was amazing
This book had me laughing out loud. A great Christmas story and full of laughs!
Michele
Dec 22, 2012 Michele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read. I enjoyed it. Quick, easy, interesting. Yep, fun read.
Estelle
Nov 30, 2012 Estelle rated it liked it
Love reading this kind of sweet Christmas-related love story!
Cathy
Dec 21, 2012 Cathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story about opposites attracting.
Stephanie Gallegos
Dec 20, 2012 Stephanie Gallegos rated it really liked it
Nice Christmas story
Kimberly
Nov 29, 2012 Kimberly marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, romance
11/29/12 - free on Kindle
Justineparrenas
Justineparrenas rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2016
  • Dirty Little Christmas (Marisela Morales/Dirty, #3)
  • Ice Gods
  • Save Me, Santa
  • Lumberjack in Love
  • A Breach of Promise (The Rules of Engagement Book 1)
  • Stuck On You
  • Breath on Embers
  • A Wizard for Christmas
  • Be Mine For Christmas
  • The Secret Christmas Ciphers
  • High-Powered, Hot-Blooded ( Man of The Month Series)
  • Risk the Night
  • Do Over
  • One Snowy Night Before Christmas
  • Five Golden Rings: A Christmas Collection
  • Mistletoe & Margaritas
  • His for Christmas (House of Trent, #1.5)
  • Upon a Winter's Night (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3.5)
Growing up on Long Island, New York, I fell in love with romance at an early age. I dreamed of being swept away by a dashing rogue riding a spirited stallion. When my hero finally showed up, he was dressed in jeans and drove a Volkswagon, but I recognized him anyway. We married after both graduating from Hofstra University and are now living our happily-ever-afters in Atlanta, Georgia, along with ...more
More about Jacquie D'Alessandro...