Start by marking “The Soldier (Borders of Worlds Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Soldier (Borders of Worlds Saga, #2)

The Soldier (Border Worlds Saga #2)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  210 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Drake Glauco, now a successful nourisher and happily joined to Vernon, comes to realize it's time for a Priaxian/human alliance to come to fruition. The joy he has experienced too great for it to not be used to benefit all mankind. The mutual need too important. With each passing day, Drake and Vernon's symbiotic relationship grows just as much as the hatchlings inside the ...more
Published (first published March 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Soldier, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Soldier

Tj
This the the second in the Borders of Worlds Saga. We have more characters joining Vern and Drake on their adventures in saving the universe. It is fun and interesting to see more about the culture of Priaxians. The conflict heats up even more in this sequel to The Nourisher. Most of this one is the group running from conflict to conflict but that makes it fun and impossible to put down. I'm so looking forward to the next in the series.
Rachel
This was a fantastic follow up to the first book in the series. I continue to adore Vernon, and I love all the new characters that were introduced in this book too! I think it's amazing the whole world that Mark Alders created in this series, and I love how complex everything is, the nonstop action, and hot sex of course. Great read...now I am eagerly awaiting the third (and final??) book in the series!
Karel

Same thing that applied to The Nourisher applied here, as does my review from the first book: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

To add a few things unique to this book: Sern and Braken's relationship was cute but lacked depth - but since they're secondary characters, I won't count it against them. The whole book reads like those sci-fi movies from the seventies/eighties featuring bad CGI, stiff hairdos, and over-the-top villains without actually having any of those. Maybe it's the constant
Nancy L
to come....

Very fast paced, action packed adventure...continues where the first book ends - off on a mission Drake and Vernon get down and dirty with the Priory and the Aurorians.

We learn more about Praxians and some secrets come to light. With war looming....who's the enemy and who is friend?
Barb ~rede-2-read~
The continuing tale of Vernon and Drake. I liked this story but not as much as the first one. I truly cannot believe the vivid imagination of this author though! Wow, he must be quite interesting to spend an evening with. The world he has created is pretty ingenious. Onward to book 3 in the series.
Sylvia
Great world building and I love Drake & Vernon.
Connie
Im glad Im the type of reader that cant leave a story unfinished.
After struggling with The NourisherIm happy I gave Mark Aldersanother chance.
The Soldier was so much better.
Fast, way too fast and with so much going on.
I am not going to pretend I can remember every races name or every character, tho Brake and Sern made an impression, I can just say that by reading the Saga you will let your imagination go wild.
Its amazing how as a reader I get to forget Vernon is a huge 8 legged spider when he is
Sophia
The sequel continued where the first book left off and was just as amazing.

Drake and Vernon have as strong a relationship as ever and enjoyed the brief rest just living and loving in Vernon's nest, but the Queen now needs them along with Jankin and his wife to go back to earth to negotiate the treaty between the two worlds.

Along the way, trouble catches up with them and their original plans turn into another string of dangerous adventures when they learn of intrigue and betrayal that leads to al
Vfields is fighting to be Happy!
This is why I don't read space sagas. I want to get to the end and I start comparing everything to Star Trek. I try not to but I do. There are now way too many bad guys and double crossing and aliens for me to keep straight.
Someone, somewhere just tell how this ends.
Tamela
I thought book #1 of the saga was fast paced and action packed, but book #2 is a rollercoaster ride from "they're doomed" to "thank goodness, they made it". And of course my favorite... "how the heck did they pull THAT off?" :)

Situations keeps moving forward and so many ripples in the pond after the first... and second stones are thrown.

I continue to find the closeness and love between Vernon and Drake fascinating... and so will you.

Highly recommended.
==============================
1st read - Feb
Sanet
I'm not even sure how to review this one.... I have a love hate relationship with this series!!!

All I can say.....spiders will have a whole new level of hold on you after reading it.

You will either love them... hate them more of run around afterwards with wet panties
Meggie
The second part of this Saga starts where first ended. The plotted adventure was easy readable and enjoyable. The main male couple, Vernon and Drake, were sweet together. Anyway this was easy funny read.
James Cox
This was a great story, lots of action and sexy men. I liked the first story better but this had just as much entertainment value, oh and hot nakedness *G*
Jess
MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY

I LOVE THIS SERIES
Adam
really hot. like this author a lot
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Melody Hillier
Melody Hillier marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Chanty
Chanty marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Monyee Watson
Monyee Watson marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Lilia Gracia
Lilia Gracia marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
JA
JA marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Yackie
Yackie marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Roni-jean
Roni-jean marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
  • Amaranth & Ash
  • Balancing Karma
  • Iron Butterfly
  • Details of the Hunt (Details, #1)
  • The Seahorse (The Seahorse, #1)
  • Outcast Mine
  • Dream Mate (Katzman, #2)
  • Alpha Trine (The Valespian Pact #1)
  • Reifu Rising
  • Caging the Beast (Creations, #4)
  • Spice ‘n’ Solace (Galactic Alliance #1)
  • When I Fall (An Uncommon Whore, #2)
  • Soothe the Burn
  • Something About Harry (Healing #3)
  • All Wrapped Up
  • Tian's Hero (The Akanti #1)
  • The Degan Incident (Galactic Conspiracies, #1)
  • Love's Crash Landing
I live in Melbourne, Victoria, in the land of Oz. According to my own Teenage mis-adventures, I am just an ordinary guy with a penis which likes to get me into trouble…a lot. I’ve seduced trees, copulated with watermelons, and had nice old ladies pick ants off my naked body. Yep, that’s me. Mark Alders. All round nice guy and with my brain firmly in my pants, exactly where it belongs!

So what about
More about Mark Alders...

Border Worlds Saga (3 books)
  • The Nourisher (Border Worlds Saga, #1)
  • The Incubator (Border Worlds Saga, #3)
The Nourisher (Border Worlds Saga, #1) The Incubator (Border Worlds Saga, #3) The Mis-adventures of a Teenage Mark Shadows of the Mind (Pembroke Eve Chronicles, #1) Pyrogasm