Start by marking “The Good Sister” as Want to Read:
The Good Sister

The Good Sister

Jennifer and Catherine-sisters who have inherited equal shares of power in Pegasus Satellite Services, one of the biggest communications empires in the world-could not be more different. While Catherine is an extraordinary beauty whose looks attract the most handsome and powerful men, her sister is a plain-Jane, no-nonsense gal who prefers running the company to walking th ...more
Published July 13th 2003 by St. Martin's Press (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Good Sister, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Good Sister

Oct 13, 2010 Kate rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am on a quest to read or give away all the books on my shelves, so I am reading anything and everything we've got so I can add it to the stack of giveaways. This is one that my Aunt Babs gave me years ago and I never read. It's full of back-stabbing, murder-attempts, lies, and manipulation pretty much on the level of a Lifetime channel movie that, when you're in the right mood, can be horribly entertaining. I wanted this to be one of the Baxter-Bernie or Blythe Danner-level Lifetime movies, th ...more
Georgiann Hennelly
The Good Sister is a very good psychological suspense.Two sisters become extremely wealthy when their father passes away and they inherit his multi million dollar company.Old rivalries begin to resurface and one sister wants the other sister dead. Very intense reading hard to tell which one is good which is the bad sister. This is a page turning all night read.. kept me in suspense.
Lisa James
Jan 02, 2014 Lisa James rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, owned
OUTSTANDING! This suspense/drama, sister against sister who done what to who & how do you know who's good & who's bad book is a nail biter & a page turner that's next to impossible to put down....It takes you back & forth wondering which sister is the evil one, or wait, is it the one's husband? Or is it the long term mentor? There are arguments & theories for & against EACH character that will keep you guessing till the final chapter!
Jul 28, 2007 CLM rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
This book was dreadful.
Try to avoid reading the jacket - gives away too much of the plot.
Apr 19, 2013 Katherine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Two girls raised by an innovative pioneer in telecommunications and left as two rich heiresses upon his death are fiercely competitive in every aspect of their lives. Each with a third interest in the burgeoning empire he developed and in partnership with the man he designated their advisor and balancing vote in any business decision made. One woman perfectly in charge of the technological aspect of launching the satellites that will make them even richer, the other as perfectly in charge of sed ...more
Laura Beasley
Apr 04, 2014 Laura Beasley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good mystery. Two sisters, Catherine and Jennifer grow up with a very very strong rivalry between them. No love just competition and hate. Their father starts a company that makes him a fortune and the sisters inherit it when he dies. Before his death, their father brings Peter into the company to run it and look after the sisters. The rivalry continues Into adult hood and becomes even more violent. What will the sisters do to each other? Do they want each other dead and to what end will they go ...more
Sep 29, 2009 judy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-thriller
A great literary shell game! I never picked the right shell until the author wanted me to. The first few pages made me uncomfortable enough that I considered putting it down. Glad I didn't. The ending wasn't quite what I'd hoped but it's pretty good. I noticed someone on here thought the book was dreadful. That made me wonder how I would have felt about this book if I had a sibling--particularly competitive sister. Since I'm an only, I could read about the sisters with none of my own memories co ...more
Jul 07, 2012 Summer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A book about sibling rivalry. I picked this up because it was a book, Kelly Ripa (live with Regis and Kelly) had chosen for her book cub "Reading with Ripa". Well...That book was back in October of 2002 and it's now July of 2012. I still haven't finished the book. lol. I get to the middle, get bored and give up.

Boring..boring..boring.. Considering it's been about 10 years and I still haven't been able to finish it, I'm giving it 1 star. I might try and reread the book, but then again.....maybe n
this is the weirdest book I've ever read .. confusing .. very slowly developed at the beginning, you would never guess what will happen and the end very surprising. It took me some time to get into it - which I didn't until the end - and I'm glad I read although I don't think I will read any more books of this author, or maybe I will just to see if it's her style (weirdness) or it was just this book. I only gave it one star because it made me bored at some points. I'm sorry Diana Diamond, but I ...more
Sep 28, 2010 Janet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I picked up the book and read the blurb :A case of sibling rivalry between two sisters becomes a chilling novel of psychological suspense when one of them is forces to defend herself from a terrifying killer in league with the other. But which sister is the hunter and which is the hunted?", knew that this book would keep me interested.
Having sisters, I can't imagine hating one of them enough to kill them. The book did keep my interest.
Feb 23, 2010 Victoria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was much better than The First Wife. It was pretty exciting and with an interesting structure. The plot, though straightforward, was not that easy to predict and the author did a wonderful job of keeping the reader guessing which sister was the "good" one. The First Wife: A Novel of Suspense
Jan 02, 2016 Terri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: family, marriage, drama
This book involved abuse. I wasn't expecting that to happen so quickly or to be so brutal. However, the rest of the story line was very good and fast paced. I enjoyed the information and experiences of the main characters. In fact, I intend to read the other book about the other sister as soon as I can get it from my library. I felt the information was very up to date and applicable to most situations of abuse.
Jun 12, 2013 Naomi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Catherine and Jennifer Pegan are two of the richest women in the world owning a world wide communications empire. But they have been rivals in every thing they do since small children. When Padraig O'Connell, a major Hollywood film star crosses their path, the rivalry gets even more intense to the point of attempted murder. The conflicts produce one good sister and one bad sister but trying to determine which is which is the basis of the intrigue.
Jeanne Jenkins
Nov 17, 2011 Jeanne Jenkins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
What a great mystery!!! This is a story of two sisters that are quite capable and willing to kill the other one. The way it is written, you never know 'which' sister is talking and which sister is going to 'win the battle of sisters'. It kept me on the edge of my seat until the very last sentence. This is a great read for anyone that likes mystery.
Jan 23, 2013 Marie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

It's intended to be suspenseful, interspacing this story of two powerful CEO sisters with the crazy ramblings of one of them bent on killing the other, carefully worded so you can't tell which one is the psycho... but ultimately there's no question and no suspense until the reveal in the final chapter.
Nov 11, 2009 Sheri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Good Sister is a very good psychological suspense. Two sisters become extremely wealthy when their father passes away and leaves them his multi-million dollar company. Old sibling rivalries begin to resurface and one sister wants the other dead. Very intense, you will not know which sister is the bad one, and which is the good, in this page turning all night read.
Aug 10, 2012 Teresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. It's not as much sibling rivalry as a one-sided rivalry. Great characters, good suspense, a lot of unknowns. Great intrigue right until the end. I have really enjoyed all of the Diana Diamond books I've read so far.
Sep 27, 2008 Kathleen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book is finished. It was a great book, the ending sucked, however it kept me guessing until the last few pages. How did you like Megan? I think I would like to read some others that Diana Diamond has written.
Jun 24, 2012 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The opening chapter will certainly creep out most people and it is a wonderful illustration of how the distrubed mind works. This book too, however falls apart in the end and I was rather dissappointed. It does keep you guessing until about 3/4 of the way through.
Dec 28, 2012 Tori rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Eh, read the first few chapters and just couldn't get into it so I skipped to the end. Gave it two stars simply because I don't feel right about giving something one star if I haven't actually read the entire thing.
Keji Oladinni
It was a pretty good book overall. Definitely for older people, but if you want a challenge, then it's got a good story line to go with it. I didn't really like the ending, though. It kept me guessing the whole way through!
Tracy Tibbels
I really feel like this story could have been more concise... it was pretty drawn out, as if the author wanted to make the book longer for the sake of having a bigger book. I felt that it ended somewhat predictably. Still, it held my interest for the most part....
Alex Gonzalez
The author was clever in keeping the reader guessing on which of the two sisters was the "good" sister. I was sort of surprised at the ending and discovering which sister really was the "bad" sister. Sibling rivalry at its best!
Jul 31, 2012 Alicia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was very hard to get into but once you get past the first couple chapters, it becomes an easy read. It could have had a really crazy twist at the end to make a great book. In the end it was slightly predictable.
Mary Moeller
This was a pretty good story. A little different with the two sisters constantly appearing to compete intensely with each other. Perhaps women with sisters can relate to this story line. I could not. But it was interesting to see how they addressed each situation.
If you like the psychological suspense in Carlene Thompson’s novels, you might also enjoy Diana Diamond. She writes mostly stand alone romantic mystery and suspense novels.
Alexis Jasso
I thought The Good Sister was interesting but yet confusing when the dialog was going back and forth between the two characters. Yet The Good Sister manage to hold my appeal.
Jan 04, 2014 Janet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice spin on a predictable theme. There were a couple of twists that caught me by surprise but by half way through I was skipping paragraphs from boredom.
Feb 20, 2008 Kelsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book...honestly i couldnt figure it out!! It had great twists and held me captive till the very end.
Anyone else reading this??? 3 17 Jan 11, 2012 10:41AM
  • Life on the Ramona Coaster
  • Nameless (Less Series, #2)
  • Matanzas Bay (A Quint Mitchell Mystery - Book 1)
  • The Fairy Tale Girl (#1)
  • Out of the Mist (Stewart Sisters, #1)
  • House of Glass
  • A Summer in the Country
  • Whodunnit? Murder in Mystery Manor (Whodunnit?, #1)
  • A Place We Knew Well
  • One of Those Malibu Nights
  • Shades of Grace
  • Harper's Bazaar Great Style: Best Ways to Update Your Look
  • Return to Mars (Barsoom, #4-6)
  • Reagan: A Life In Letters
  • Murder on Ice (A Figure Skating Mystery #1)
  • Beyond the Night
  • Three-Course Murder (A Culinary Mystery with Recipes)
  • Confessions of a Sociopathic Social Climber: The Katya Livingston Chronicles