Figure Drawing for Dummies

Figure Drawing for Dummies

3.18 of 5 stars 3.18  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Figure Drawing For Dummies appeals to both new art students and veteran artists who find it difficult to proportionally draw the human form. The illustrations and examples in Figure Drawing For Dummies are designed to help readers capture this elusive figure.
Published January 31st 2011 by For Dummies (first published January 9th 2009)

Parka

(More pictures at parkablogs.com)

There are four parts to this book. The first part isn't really on figure drawing and introduces the basics of drawing and the stuff you need. As a Dummies series book, this one really assumes the reader has absolutely no knowledge on drawing.

The second and third part are on drawing the head and body. The last part is about other related stuff like clothing, composition, perspective, etc.

This book has a lot of text compared to other figure drawing books. The inst...more
Amanda
This is a Dummies Guide, and is true to form: not intended for dummies, but for anybody who can stomach so much material. I worked in a bookstore, and when recomending books (of almost any kind, but especially manuals) I always told evertyone: "If you need to be an expert on the subject, take the Dummies Guide, otherwise browse until you find something that you can keep open beside you and work from." And that's still my advice. This book has all sorts of technical tidbits, probably all of the i...more
Karin
It's got a few of the basics down but I did not like this book very much. I was happy that it didn't focus on the naked figure like most figure books do. It didn't cover everything I wanted to know thought and it spent far too much time talking about the head and hair. I was just looking for the body. I good but partial foundation to start on. I wouldn't recommend it.
Krystal Clemens
Krystal Clemens marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Hape
Hape marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Patricia Love
Patricia Love marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Dorottya
Dorottya is currently reading it
Jun 10, 2014
Bryan De
Bryan De marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Fred Tyre
Fred Tyre marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Catherine Johnson
Catherine Johnson is currently reading it
Feb 26, 2014
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Vladimir C
Vladimir C marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Adan M Garcia
Adan M Garcia marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Tracey-anne Mccartney
Tracey-anne Mccartney marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Steven
Steven added it
Dec 17, 2013
Tetref
Tetref marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2013
Alyssa De Guzman
Alyssa De Guzman is currently reading it
Mar 20, 2014
Lila
Lila marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
Aljosa
Aljosa added it
Jun 06, 2013
Master Ayanala
Master Ayanala is currently reading it
Jun 01, 2013
Isaac
Isaac marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Manga for Dummies The Five Dysfunctions of a Team (Manga Edition): An Illustrated Leadership Fable